Now I've seen it all.

My son wanted to try and sell all of his math homework on EBay, but we never got around to trying it. I thought it would be a funny joke, but I think you have to pay even if it doesn't sell.

You pay a listing fee to put the item on...starts around 35 cents and goes up from there, depending on how much you start the bidding at.

Then you pay a "commission" of sorts at the end, which again, depends on the final amount of the bid.

So, yes, you technically do pay even if it doesn't sell...but it would have been a funny joke. I've been on eBay for many years now, both buying and selling, and I've definitely seen some outrageous stuff over the years!

Have a great evening.:)

I saw this a few hous ago while surfing ebay and almost flipped a top. I couldn't believe someone was actually going to TRY and sell their seapass card. Amazes me what some people will do, lol.

As a Ebay seller its all about the sale. I have sold things that no one in there right mind should buy. But if someone fool wants to pay me money for junk

who is the really the fool

Me who gets money for useless junk

OR

some bonehead who gives up there money for some junk.

I sold ski bindings that I pulled out of a trash can got $25.00

I sold a beer sign for $38.00 that I got free at a garadge sale

I sold handlebars for a 10 speed for $65.00 that I paid $1.00 at a garadge sale

I made $40.00 in a computer part I got for .50 I got it at a thrift shop

I made $10.00 on a box of pine cones I picked up off the ground out side of my house

I made $5.00 on a jar of sand from lake Tahoe

When I hear people talk about " look at what is for sale on ebay now" its only on sale because some fool will buy it.

In the last 5 years Ebay has paid for 3 trips to Disneyland, 2 cruises, 1 fender telecaster electric guitar. So I really don't care if people make fun of what I sell. All I could say on my first cruise was "I LOVE EBAY"

You have to give this guy SOME credit. He states in big letters that it has absolutely no value.

Other people try to sell things like coupon books, claiming that they are worth hundreds of dollars. Not only are they not worth hundreds of dollars in the FIRST place, without the proper identification and C&A level, they may be absolutely worthless.

As a Ebay seller its all about the sale. I have sold things that no one in there right mind should buy. But if someone fool wants to pay me money for junk

who is the really the fool.... ? ....... countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2114;12;11;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

days till next cruise, don't have anything booked so I just put this up to make my life miserable

Start sellin'......lol.... Bob start sellin'.........:D

I think TahoeBob said it right there.

He collects junk for next to nothing, lists it on eBay and people buy it. AND he gets enough $$ to travel.

As unbelievable as it sounds.

I have never bought anything on eBay but I did sell a 25 yo bottle of Champagne on the site once (well actually my nephew did it for me).

So I agree, its crazy that someone would even think to list this item, that someone else would even buy it,

and that here we are on the cruise critic site all talking about it!!! :p :p

Archived