2008 Deployment Schedule

Ella2

Thank you so much, Ella2!! Looking forward to seeing the new itineraries too!

Does RCCL tell you about any special promotions for booking in the first few days? Or, would we need to wait until the actual date the schedule is available to book to find about about discounts? (we may change cabin types if they offer another great discount on 3rd and 4th passengers)

The $99 discount that RCI offered last year for new bookings, I believe was intended to offset the cost of the passports due to the new passport rules that they had initiated- but you never know, maybe it will be offered again!!

Moandbo, that probably will fall under the seasonal Caribbean category, but there are ships that sail the Caribbean year-round and will have holiday sailings too...so I would watch for BOTH release dates to check itineraries and ships.

No word on any promotions for any of these deployments...I will post more when details are released.

Italy52, unfortunately no specifics of any itineraries have been released yet. The only things I do know for sure is that RCCL plans to have SEVEN ships sailing Europe in 2008, with cruise lengths from four to 14 nights.

If I hear or see anything new, I'll definitely post ASAP. :)

A little new here....what is this all about? I have the most recent book for RCCL and it shows dates to early in 2008. Does this mean that Carribean cruises for the 2008/.2009 winter will be listed? We are trying to find out where INdependance will be sailing to when she comes across the pond in the fall.

I believe that the only information available at this time is that when it does come to the US it will sail out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). No information as yet as to its itinerary or whether it will be sailing on Saturdays or Sundays. Rest assured that as soon as that information becomes available, it will be spread all over these boards.:)

Italy52, unfortunately no specifics of any itineraries have been released yet. The only things I do know for sure is that RCCL plans to have SEVEN ships sailing Europe in 2008, with cruise lengths from four to 14 nights.

If I hear or see anything new, I'll definitely post ASAP. :)

Thank much for the response, I appreciate it.

Forgive me if this is already posted, I did a quick scan but did not see it.

RCCL has released the dates for opening of booking 2008 deployments. Here you go. :)

Opening March 14

Europe & Europe Cruisetours

Opening Week of April 2, 2007

Panama Canal

Northeast - Caribbean/Bermuda

Canada/New England

Opening Week of April 9, 2007

Caribbean - Year round/Summer Mexico

Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises

Short Caribbean

Bahamas

Alaska & Alaska Cruisetours

Hawaii

Opening Week of April 16, 2007

Seasonal Caribbean

Opening Week of April 30, 2007

South America

Opening Week of May 7, 2007

Australia/Asia

Hope that is helpful to those who want to plan ahead! :)

thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to any other info you have to offer us.

Thank you, thank you Ella2 for posting that info. I am booking a small family reunion for Bermuda in the summer of 2008 and was waiting for the new itineraries to come out. I was told they would be out the end of April by RCCL. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you, thank you Ella2 for posting that info. :) :) I am booking a small family reunion for Bermuda in the summer of 2008 and was waiting for the new itineraries to come out. ;) I was told they would be out the end of April by RCCL. :eek: Thanks for the heads up. :D

Ok, this might be a little pathetic, but ...

When they say on March 14th, do they mean midnight or sometime during the day on Wednesday? I might be willing to stay up. ;)

Jenny

Usually they are available on the website to book in the morning. But since this is for Europe Cruises they may open VERY early in the wee hours of the 14th so that people overseas in Europe have a shot at booking good cabins too and don't have to stay up way late at night for the bookings to open.

Keep in mind too, folks, that this is NOTORIOUS for changing...it did last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some delays again this year. If there are changes or delays I will try to post those as well, if they have not already been posted.

Hopefully the released list will be accurate! :)

A little new here....what is this all about? I have the most recent book for RCCL and it shows dates to early in 2008. Does this mean that Carribean cruises for the 2008/.2009 winter will be listed? We are trying to find out where INdependance will be sailing to when she comes across the pond in the fall.

Working from the European summer schedule it should be making the Transatlantic crossing from Southampton on 7th November 2008 but not sure what date it will arrive in Ft Lauderdale as this will depend on it's itineary across the pond, but normally these are around 12 nights.

I understand you usually get a better rate for booking as soon as possible but how quickly do the prices start going up after bookings open? Interested in Med for June 08. Do the prices start rising daily? weekly? dependent on how fast it is booking? Anyone know?

I understand you usually get a better rate for booking as soon as possible but how quickly do the prices start going up after bookings open? Interested in Med for June 08. Do the prices start rising daily? weekly? dependent on how fast it is booking? Anyone know?

I think it depends on how fast it is booking up.

For example we booked Hawaii the very first day it opened up and by the next day the ship had filled up so fast that the prices were like almost $400 more per person.

It's not in the itinerary search, but there are at least SOME Europe cruises loaded into the online booking engine on the TA site, ready to book. I don't have a detailed listing of ships and itineraries yet, though...hopefully soon.

Archived