All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Onboard the Mariner right now for the first of the Mexico cruises. Was also on for the 2 day pre-inaugural cruise. I will try to answer any questions I might be able to when I get home this week. We were totally new to this class of ship, but it took less than a day to find our ways around. It's a beautiful ship, great service in the dining room, and Captain Per is very personable.

Not sure if anyone has any, but anyone who has been on the Mariner (or a sister ship) have pics or knowledge of cabin 8390? I am so excited! We are booked for June 21. I know it is a blacony and it is aft. Pics of it would be great! Is it bigger than a regular balcony? (Honestly, I am just glad I am on the ship. Anything else is just added flavor! :D:D) This is our first balcony and our first Voyager class! Yay!!! Mariner is on the left coast!!

Not sure if anyone has any, but anyone who has been on the Mariner (or a sister ship) have pics or knowledge of cabin 8390? I am so excited! We are booked for June 21. I know it is a blacony and it is aft. Pics of it would be great! Is it bigger than a regular balcony? (Honestly, I am just glad I am on the ship. Anything else is just added flavor! :D:D) This is our first balcony and our first Voyager class! Yay!!! Mariner is on the left coast!!

Looks like a great cabin and balcony. Here's some links to photos:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1077164115036355651ZpRpBa

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=12

3 photos of the balcony -- scroll down on the page, then click on photos

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=24

8690 is the mirror image of your cabin -- scroll down on page for photos

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=36

2 more of 8690

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=48

more 0f 8690

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

main link to Bonnie's photos.

Mary,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! DH even cracked a smile for those! (That's hard to do.) Like I said before, this is our first balcony, so anything is bgger than what we are used to. And this balcony looks super to me!!:)

Onboard the Mariner right now for the first of the Mexico cruises. Was also on for the 2 day pre-inaugural cruise. I will try to answer any questions I might be able to when I get home this week. We were totally new to this class of ship, but it took less than a day to find our ways around. It's a beautiful ship, great service in the dining room, and Captain Per is very personable.

So Jealous! We are going in 3 weeks on March 22nd! We would love to see any information you have - what are the formal nights? Current menus? Etc.

Have a great time.

Is it Captain Johnny???

So Jealous! We are going in 3 weeks on March 22nd! We would love to see any information you have - what are the formal nights? Current menus? Etc.

Have a great time.

Is it Captain Johnny???

Hi, just this minute got home...suitcases still in the foyer. Formal nights were Monday and Thursday (sea days); didn't take photos of the menus, but they seemed kind of different than what we're used to. However, we always found something good to eat. Captain Johnny was on for the 2 day pre-inaugural but then left for 10 weeks. Captain Per Kristofferson is on for 10 weeks. He is also very personable and approachable and a lot of fun.

I took copious notes and will do a more complete posting, and also a comparison to Princess (we cruised on the Emerald Princess for 3 weeks in January), to try to assist in choosing between the Mariner and the Sapphire both out of LA. More later...

Do you mean Monday and Friday for the formal nights? I think Thursday is Puerta Vallarta, isn't it?

Really looking forward to your comments and review once you get all settled back in at home. Is the ground still rocking and rolling? :D

Yep, sorry, I meant FRIDAY was the second formal night. I'm not used to a Sunday to Sunday cruise, I guess.

I will do a review sometime this week. Still digging out from piles of laundry, and I have a list of things to get done before I can get to writing my down my thoughts. However, I have scraps of paper everywhere that I unpacked today, with my thought about the Mariner, this cruise, and a RC/Princess comparison, so I won't forget a thing (I hope).

Hello! We are set to sail on the Mariner on May 3. We have only one prior cruise--Adventure of the Seas in the Caribbean, to compare it to. If you are currently on the Mariner's Mexican Riviera Cruise or will be during March or April, please offer your insights, as well as help answer some questions (I want to book Chops & Portofino without interfering with other themed evenings). My questions are as follows:

• Can you confirm that Monday & Friday evenings were formal?
  • Which night featured lobster in the Dinning Room? Which night had the escargot?
  • Which night was the so-called (more like late evening) Midnight Buffet?
  • Any improvement in the food of Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, etc.?
  • Was there anything that makes the Mariner a standout?
  • Any great beach recommendation to do nothing but sunbath and read?

Hello! We are set to sail on the Mariner on May 3. We have only one prior cruise--Adventure of the Seas in the Caribbean, to compare it to. If you are currently on the Mariner's Mexican Riviera Cruise or will be during March or April, please offer your insights, as well as help answer some questions (I want to book Chops & Portofino without interfering with other themed evenings). My questions are as follows:

• Can you confirm that Monday & Friday evenings were formal?
  • Which night featured lobster in the Dinning Room? Which night had the escargot?
  • Which night was the so-called (more like late evening) Midnight Buffet?
  • Any improvement in the food of Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, etc.?
  • Was there anything that makes the Mariner a standout?
  • Any great beach recommendation to do nothing but sunbath and read?

Several of your questions can be answered in the Mariner of the Seas Feb 22 cruise compasses scanned and posted by cruisindave at http://travel.webshots.com/album/570352188YMVNWx

Several of us on the May 3 cruise are going to beaches while in ports

Premier Beach Escape - CS39 in Cabo

Stone Island Beach Getaway - MZ15 in Mazatlan

and All Inclusive Resort Getaway - PV64 in PV

Join our Roll call at 05.03.09 waaaay out and dont forget to go to Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party :)

Does anyone know the web site for rccl happy hour sale. Watching prices on mariner 06/07/09 sailing. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Darren, I read your review of the Celebrity Solstice and am wondering where your bed was located...near the veranda or bath? We will be on it in Oct. in 8267. Thanks!

Nobody can predict what the weather will be like in January, 2010...but I can tell you that January is (on average) the coldest month in LA. It's also one of the rainiest months, along with February. Typical January weather probably has highs in the mid- to high-60's, and lows in the mid- to high-40's.

So if the information in this thread is accurate then Formal nights are Monday and Friday, and lobster is served at the Friday formal night? Can someone please confirm this?

Thank You!

Steve,

Yes, you are correct. Mon and Fri are formal nights. Escargot on Mon, Lobster on Fri. We were on the Mariner from 2/22 to 3/1.

Mainely,

Do you have menus to share from the Mexico cruise? I hear they have changed. I hope you will share a review of your cruise. There isn't too much out there on it, except for Marionmon and Chris + Bennie.

We are going 3/29 and would enjoy getting more info. Thanks.

Archived