Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

About Island Tours in Cayman - there are lots and lots of cabs waiting at the dock to take you on the 2 hour Island Tour. I think they are all the same "company". They have some people out there trying to get your business and the cab drivers waiting in their cabs. They all go to the same places. Maybe some drivers are better tour guides then others.

We tried to get a cab (ANY CAB) to take us to the Turtle Farm and then to Sea Grape. We could NOT get one. They have that set tour and that's all they do.

Diane

I'm glad this great thread is up! I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with the Carnival-operated dive vendor. I know it used to be Hugh Parkey's- is it still? Did they pick you up from the boat or do you have to tender first? And would you recommend it again?

Thanks!

Sailed on May 20th and just returned. The aft cabin was excellent on deck 4 with lots of privacy and a deep balcony. New linens were the best of any cruise (taken 10) but ammentities in cabin were minimal. Cabin steward was a delight-Julia from Estonia. Uses bar coupons and they worked well except for 1 bartender in Sachmos who wouldn't go over posted value. All the others did.

Some negs. Shoping for watches I found better prices on line and no need to exceed my DF allowance. Liquor prices were ok. Dining room a big disappointment especially the quality off the beef but the Golden Fleece was terrific and ate there 4 times. Meat was flavorful and tender and they gave you real steak knives with sharp edge. Could not finish the porterhouse but the cut it up and we had it with drinks the next day. Beautiful Dover Sole. Ate it twice.

The library was a joke. About 100 used paperbacks and a few hardbacks that looked like passengers left them on board. If you plan on reading bring your own books. Even the librarian was embarrassed at the selection atnd they only are open 2 hours a day.

Went to one show and it was so bad we walked out. Cruise director was overly loud and obnoxious and dressed like he was auditioning for a road company of "Guys and Dolls".

Too many people allowed in dining room in shorts. May be because they were so fat the maitre D was afraid to stop them. I have never seen so many obese people on a ship. It looked like they were handed the menu and said "YES!"

Well it's back to Princess or Celebrity or HAL for us.

This may be an indication of how bored I am this morning, but I was looking at CCL's website to see exactly how many of the cabins on the cruise my DW & I are booked on (Legend, 16 Dec 07) was available. According to the site out of 1062 cabins in all categories available, only 165 are left. (16%)

I am surprised that the ship is for all intents and purposes, nearly sold out.:eek: Is this a bit unusual?

Cruiselines usually do not list all the cabins that are available. For instance, cabin 1234 may not be showing on Carnival's website, but it is available if you ask for it.

A better way to check how your cruise is selling is to check categories. Are all categories listed? Are there less than 4 cabins showing in each category? Are only a few outside cabin categories left? That's how I gauge if my cruise is selling well. I might be wrong.

not only all that... but until final payments are due, you can't judge the actual number. Alot of cabins get cancelled at the last payment time, especially from groups.

However with the prices being so reasonable, it will most likely sell out.

CRUISES are the best!

This may be an indication of how bored I am this morning, but I was looking at CCL's website to see exactly how many of the cabins on the cruise my DW & I are booked on (Legend, 16 Dec 07) was available. According to the site out of 1062 cabins in all categories available, only 165 are left. (16%)

I am surprised that the ship is for all intents and purposes, nearly sold out.:eek: Is this a bit unusual?

How do you find out if the ship is full or how many people are booked?

I forgot about this thread and posted this question but did not get a reply. I hope someone here can help me.

Cabin 5270 on Legend. Is this a good cabin. I am booking for April of 2008. Should I just book balcony guarantee (as I have in the past on other cruises and been happy)? Is there a lot of motion or engine noise in the cabins on the back of the ship? Should I book a balcony cabin in the middle of the ship instead? If so what deck? Thanks for any info.

Just returned from our cruise on the legend in room 5270 :) . The room was great! DH loved waking up in the morning and reading on the deck. Afternoon not alot of wind blowing so can tend to be warm. In the evening it was very nice to sit out and enjoy the very bright moon we had listening to the wakes of the ocean very soothing.

Cincy Gal,

I forgot about this thread...again:confused:

Thanks for the info on the cabin. I have my TA looking into it for me.

How was the engine noise? Motion? Was the balcony a lot bigger then the regular? Is it worth the extra $? Could you see both sides of the ship when in port?

Thanks

We have to decide by Wednesday whether to take the Western Caribbean cruise on the Legend on 10/05/08 or 10/12/08. This will be our first Carnival and first Caribbean cruise, we have done TA's. We would prefer a date that is not during a school holiday. We have a hold on cabin 7190 with extended balcony - do these have lounge chairs? We are especially interested in excursions to Mayan ruins, which port has the best? Would appreciate any input, thanks.

I'm glad this great thread is up! I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with the Carnival-operated dive vendor. I know it used to be Hugh Parkey's- is it still? Did they pick you up from the boat or do you have to tender first? And would you recommend it again?

Thanks!

It is still Hugh Parkey's. They are a very good dive op but we will not dive in Belize again with the ship - too many people who I would never dive with under any circumstance. They picked us up at the ship. We were the first tender to leave. We would use them again if we were going to Belize to spend a week and dive.

The divemasters were very professional. They are a class operation. It is unfortunate we had to dive with them in a cattle boat situation.

This is going to be an odd request but hear me out ;) I just returned from cruising on the Legend 5/13-5/20 (Had an AMAZING time) while I was onboard I became quite good friends with the photographer named Tharesh from India. We've kept in touch so far, he's really a great guy. Lots of fun...anyways, my favor to ask is this- if anyone happens to see him would you be willng to say hello for me "Lori" ??? I think it would make his day and he'd probably get a kick out of it :) Just a thought...I'd appreciate it if anyone happens to think to do this while on board. Thanks guys!!! Hope all your cruises go fabulously! :D

We have to decide by Wednesday whether to take the Western Caribbean cruise on the Legend on 10/05/08 or 10/12/08. This will be our first Carnival and first Caribbean cruise, we have done TA's. We would prefer a date that is not during a school holiday. We have a hold on cabin 7190 with extended balcony - do these have lounge chairs? We are especially interested in excursions to Mayan ruins, which port has the best? Would appreciate any input, thanks.

You have a great cabin and yes, when we sailed there was one lounge chair, 2 reg chairs and a small table. The view is wonderfull! ;)

Sailed on May 20th and just returned. The aft cabin was excellent on deck 4 with lots of privacy and a deep balcony. New linens were the best of any cruise (taken 10) but ammentities in cabin were minimal. Cabin steward was a delight-Julia from Estonia...

Too many people allowed in dining room in shorts.

We've got one of these booked for Dec.; switched down to 4 since reviews indicated the overhang was more substaintial and the dividers between cabins more upright; total effect = more privacy...

would you agree?

It is annoying on both counts that fellow passengers evidently feel the stated dress code doesn't apply to them (must be nice to be able to disregard rules so freely:rolleyes: ; the old "it's my vacation and I'll do wth i choose" bs). If managment would have a backbone & direct the offending parties to the Lido buffet the 1st night they try to gain access; it's would put the issue to rest IMO.

yes, they are on the front

Were you able to use those - I recall the remote as being one designed for Carnivals FUNVISION (menu access and such)... is there a way to switch to video inputs?

:)

Tom

I tried to read the whole thread, but I am at work and trying to "look" like I am really working instead for cruising the boards. Anyway do you know where the "self service" laundry is on the ship? I have looked at all the plans and can't find it. We really like just bring a few pairs of shorts and casual shirts and doing a load of laundry half way though the cruise. Alot less luggage that way :D

Thank you so much for your review! We are sailing on the Legend in Sept. and can harly wait!

Question:

Did you go to the Piano Bar and if so how was it?

Did they have the Bathrobe and Beer Party?

Did they also have a 70's and 80's night?

Where would you suggest we meet (at least 80+) as a CC group on the ship?

On the Glory there was an Adult Pool area (Azure Pool Deck)..do you know where it is located on the Legend?

Who did you use for your Zip Lining and Cave Tubing? As far as the Zipline, how hard was it and does it take a lot of upper body strength??

Thanks for all your help!

Hey DolphinFan...Remember me from last year's Glory cruise??

We took a zipline excursion 2 years ago in Belize...No upper body strength needed, but you definitely need to be in good shape to get up the mountain in the rain forest! They have foot paths, but it's a good 45 min climb before you get to start zipping.

And, FloridaLaura? Are you one of my Multiple Personalities?? Geesh, girl! Same name and everything...you could be me...or - oh, no! Maybe I'm you! I'm South of Tampa, please tell me you're North.

We're looking at Legend either the last week of November or the first week of December...Do they have the chocolate buffet on this ship??

or, we may wait and cruise the Mediteranian next year instead...look out Italy & Greece!

Hey DolphinFan...Remember me from last year's Glory cruise??

We took a zipline excursion 2 years ago in Belize...No upper body strength needed, but you definitely need to be in good shape to get up the mountain in the rain forest! They have foot paths, but it's a good 45 min climb before you get to start zipping.

And, FloridaLaura? Are you one of my Multiple Personalities?? Geesh, girl! Same name and everything...you could be me...or - oh, no! Maybe I'm you! I'm South of Tampa, please tell me you're North.

We're looking at Legend either the last week of November or the first week of December...Do they have the chocolate buffet on this ship??

or, we may wait and cruise the Mediteranian next year instead...look out Italy & Greece!

Hey Laura..great to hear from you!!

We (3 of us) are planning to do Greece & Italty in Oct. of next year..let me know if you find good prices and I will do the same for you!

I tried to read the whole thread, but I am at work and trying to "look" like I am really working instead for cruising the boards. Anyway do you know where the "self service" laundry is on the ship? I have looked at all the plans and can't find it. We really like just bring a few pairs of shorts and casual shirts and doing a load of laundry half way though the cruise. Alot less luggage that way :D

Not sure where it is on the ship, but they had plenty on the Glory. Just bring quarters with you and you can even pack your laundry soap. I think it was $2.00 to wash but not sure how much to dry.

Cincy Gal,

I forgot about this thread...again:confused:

Thanks for the info on the cabin. I have my TA looking into it for me.

How was the engine noise? Motion? Was the balcony a lot bigger then the regular? Is it worth the extra $? Could you see both sides of the ship when in port?

Thanks

Reno3 -

Engine noice was no diferent then we have experienced in any other room. Same with the motion.

The balcony was a little bit bigger then a side balcony. It was a good experience would probably try to get a wrap around next time. Peeked into one of those rooms and they are definetly nicer (size and layout).

It was great to watch off the back of the ship when pulling out of port - and yes you can see both sides.

I know that the laundry on the Upper Deck level 5 is directly across from room 5270.