Who's Interested in Cruising on Mariner when it Repos to LA

OK.....we know that she's going to be sailing from February 22 - August 30, 2009.....................Now, tell us when she's going over to the west coast.....and, of course, how much it's going to cost us all to take her over there!!

BTW........what is Mariner going to do after August 30, 2009? Is she going to come back east??

Don't tell me that the interest has died down. :( Come on you guys............let's hear from you.:D

First, Congrats to your Basketball team! Now the "real" fun starts!

Interest has died down...I doubt it! I am reading the help wanted ads right now...looking for my second, third and fourth job to pay for this puppy! I'll be right there in the hump cabin next to yours!:)

BILL

Interest has died down...I doubt it! I am reading the help wanted ads right now...looking for my second, third and fourth job to pay for this puppy! I'll be right there in the hump cabin next to yours!:)

BILL

Thanks Bill...........we have been waiting a long time for this. Last time any Cleveland team won a division championship were the Indians back in 1995 and 1997. Guess we're tired of being called "the mistake by the lake"!! Maybe this is our year.

It will be interesting to see pricing on the Mariner along with the itineraries offered in getting it over to the west coast. Let's hope they announce something really soon.

I have tried to pull up the Mariner for this time and I don't get anything.

It's still shows being in port canaveral in early 2009.

I would love a voyager ship for the mexican riviera.

The last cruise I see listed is the New years Eve one(dec 28,2008)......so when i get off this cruise(Jan 4th),do you think it will start the repos?? Will it take it 6-7 weeks??(I have no idea)

On that flyer it says,reservations now open...........not listed on the website............has anyone tried calling to see if it is truly available??

My skepticism regarding this topic is as strong as ever. Having sailed around the horn on a much smaller ship, I can't really imagine that on the Mariner you would get the same experience in the straits of Magellan section. So, I would recommend a smaller ship if you really want to see the glaciers there, so I would recommend the trip to Brazil and the trip from Chili to LA.

Better get those yellow fever shots if you are going to book this trip!:D

jc

Hmmm... there are two ways to get to the west coast from the east coast, maybe they will do around the world and I will have an option for Australia and New Zealand. I would really enjoy the Mariner on that itinerary!!!:D

jc

BILL

I wonder how many of us will be scrambling for the humps. :) With the long list of interested parties, it will be a race to get what we want. If you are going with your usual GS, you might have it locked up.

JC - we'll do Antarctica on NCV or Quark or some expedition line.

We want to do the repo just to do one of the great ones of all time. Plus, we like the Mariner.

I can see the scramble now to get the same cabin for all legs.

Just talked to the D+ desk about something else and they said they have no info yet on how the Mariner is going to get there.

JC - we'll do Antarctica on NCV or Quark or some expedition line.

We want to do the repo just to do one of the great ones of all time. Plus, we like the Mariner.

I can see the scramble now to get the same cabin for all legs.

Just talked to the D+ desk about something else and they said they have no info yet on how the Mariner is going to get there.

Hmmmmm...........well, we sure know how it has to get there. Maybe we should think up the itineraries and tell them how it has to get to LA.:D And while we are at it........we can figure out the pricing also.........to our liking, of course!!;)

FYI...............posted on West Coasters thread tonight....in case you haven't seen it.

"I'm here at the Cruise-A-Thon and they made the announcement about the Mariner this morning. They said we are the first to know (although we all know that isn't true....lol) and it will become official tomorrow after they've officially announced it. I'm sure thats why reservations can't be made just yet. So check with your TA or the RCCL website after tomorrow."

PH - All the suites were sold out about a year ago. Wouldn't want an upgrade on this one as we're in 1100.

We're in a grand suite in December and most cabins are gone on that one, too. Got it for less than JS were going for last week.

Did you see my response to your comment about being ahead of me on the list?

We will be looking into the 'repo' - I do want to see some of South America.

But why are you FL and East US folks so interested in this (hopefully true) relocation of the Mariner? You have much more choice in cruising (without flying) then us Big Ship deprived Californians.

We're interested in the repo, not the fact that it will be sailing out of LA.

We want to do the trip from Ft Lauderdale to there. Or as many legs as we can.

Nice that you are getting a Voyager class ship, but that's not what we care about. ;) :rolleyes:

Patti..........we were looking at doing a b2b on the Legend from Singapore to the Med in 2009...............but this also looks interesting. The Legend b2b is 28 days..............and to do that cruise would give us an "around the world by cruise ship".........which is something that we have been working on.

Time will not allow me to do both..............but sign us up!!

Rick

We will be looking into the 'repo' - I do want to see some of South America.

But why are you FL and East US folks so interested in this (hopefully true) relocation of the Mariner? You have much more choice in cruising (without flying) then us Big Ship deprived Californians.

Well, somebody's got to sail on her over to the left coast!!;) We certainly don't want to have her leave here empty.....now do we??

Patti..........we were looking at doing a b2b on the Legend from Singapore to the Med in 2009...............but this also looks interesting. The Legend b2b is 28 days..............and to do that cruise would give us an "around the world by cruise ship".........which is something that we have been working on.

Time will not allow me to do both..............but sign us up!!

Rick

Got it..........funny that you mention Legend............our friend in Australia just emailed us all the info on Legend's itineraries into 2009. Can't even find the 2009 itineraries on the website yet.

THE LIST UPDATED (by screen name)

Below is a list of those posters (in alphabetical order) that have expressed an interest in doing some portion (if not all) of a repo cruise on Mariner if it does get sent to the west coast in early 2009. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. Please let us know if you would like to be included.

The Mariner's pax capacity is 3,114.

1. 011959
  2. amybear912
  3. Annieeee
  4. ArizonaCruiser 85374
  5. BILL-WI
  6. brn2crz
  7. crazy4cruising
  8. critterchick
  9. cruisenfever
  10. dagadet
  11. diamond girl 000
  12. dramaqueen4lyfe
  13. etc33
  14. forepaws
  15. hobo 1937
  16. isujim
  17. jules815
  18. kruz
  19. lawsoncd3
  20. manuelstar
  21. mcca
  22. Merion Mom
  23. mommabean
  24. Nliedel
  25. Parrothead8
  26. PaulWN
  27. rubrrick

28. Sanbmet
  29. Shebbieal
  30. Sooner-b-Crusin
  31. Sue L

32. waf125

Will be looking forward to RCI posting the itinerary for this repo. Patti - put us down for at least 1 leg of this too. Being from Ca. this repo is all the more exciting for us. We just might get a few more family members signed up as well.

This really is something to look forward to in 2009!!!

Got it..........funny that you mention Legend............our friend in Australia just emailed us all the info on Legend's itineraries into 2009. Can't even find the 2009 itineraries on the website yet.

Patti............do a bit of sluething.......and you will find the 2009 itinerary for the Legend of the Seas. We have made friends with shipboard personnel that live in Goa, India.............and almost invested in a nightclub there. Also.......Dubai is considered the richest area around and apparently they can flaunt everything from a ski resort........inside a tube type affair.............to any kind of entertainment..........equal to Las Vegas.........and resorts that put any other resort to shame!! Well.......that's what the literature states!!

We were ready to book a b2b..........when I read about this.

Archived