TA Supplied OBC

muffydawg

DH and I booked our upcoming Crown trip using Future Cruise Credits. Due to the length of the voyage, Princess granted us $50 pp onboard credit.

The TA we booked through ALSO offered (and we accepted) $50 pp shipboard credit.

In total, I am expecting $200 in OBC to be applied to our folios.

For those of you who've had a TA offer OBC, when did you see it applied to your ship folio? Day 1 or 2 of your cruise? At the end of the cruise? If the OBC from the TA wasn't applied to your folio, how did you handle it with the TA?

Thanks a bunch.

Check your cruise personalizer at the Princess website. Ours showed up with our booking:)

Where did you find that in the Personalizer? I'm checking on ours, and don't find where it would show up... help? :)

Check your cruise personalizer at the Princess website. Ours showed up with our booking:)

Ours isn't there. Our TA gave us $50 and we've put an additional $275 of our own on it and we haven't sailed yet. And when I asked Princess for a confirmation of our OBC they gave me a pdf version from "special services" and it only listed the $275 that we put on. Princess told me that the extra $50 shows up on their records and will be waiting for me. I've got my receipt from my TA stating that there's $50 OBC for us, so I'll be bringing that as well just to make sure.

Last year on the CB, we had a nice OBC from our TA. It shows up on your print-out of daily charges, which I always get a copy of at least twice during our sailings to check how much I'm spending!! :confused: Don't worry-it will be there and have a wonderful cruise experience!

DH and I booked our upcoming Crown trip using Future Cruise Credits. Due to the length of the voyage, Princess granted us $50 pp onboard credit.

The TA we booked through ALSO offered (and we accepted) $50 pp shipboard credit.

In total, I am expecting $200 in OBC to be applied to our folios.

For those of you who've had a TA offer OBC, when did you see it applied to your ship folio? Day 1 or 2 of your cruise? At the end of the cruise? If the OBC from the TA wasn't applied to your folio, how did you handle it with the TA?

Thanks a bunch.

On the Diamond in March it took a good 24 hours for all the credits to show up for me. :rolleyes:

Sign into your account

Go to My Princess

Click on Circle Savings Account on Left Side of Screen

It shows the Credits there. I see the $100 for FCC and the $50 I got OBC for booking with Amex Platinum Travel.

Sign into your account

Go to My Princess

Click on Circle Savings Account on Left Side of Screen

It shows the Credits there. I see the $100 for FCC and the $50 I got OBC for booking with Amex Platinum Travel.

I assume credits don't show up until final payment? We haven't made final payment but we are supposed to get a $100 credit from Princess with the booking. The $100 OBC shows on the contract however. Not worried - just curious (I ALWAYS have my backup documentation with me!)

SBC supplied by your TA will not show up on the Princess Personalizer, only credits Princess supplies will show up there.
Our experience agrees with this. We've had many cruises with Princess FCC which has showed up properly every time.

Unfortunately the TA's onboard credit never showed up onboard. After the cruise we told her and she sent us a check.

Our TA just gave us $100 (two people) off the cost of the cruise instead of fooling with OBC. I guess some TA's think people will think they're getting more by starting the cruise with $100 on their account instead of paying less to begin with. I see a lot of questions about OBC and some problems getting it credited. Anyone else ever have it not credited?

Our TA just gave us $100 (two people) off the cost of the cruise instead of fooling with OBC. I guess some TA's think people will think they're getting more by starting the cruise with $100 on their account instead of paying less to begin with. I see a lot of questions about OBC and some problems getting it credited. Anyone ever have it not credited?

Most shipboard credit travel agents give is from having group space on the cruise. This doesn't come out of the travel agents pocket.

Travel agents can still discount (like yours did) and this part does come out of the agents commission. So it is possible to find an agent who has group space and discounts at the same time.

OBCs are better. Let's say the cruise starts off at $1000 per person. Your TA gives you $100 off the price so you pay only $900. My TA gives me $100 OBC and I pay $1000. Three months later the price of the cruise goes down to $900 per person. That's all you payed so you get nothing. I paid $1000 so I'm going to get $100 back (or owe $100 less) plus I still have $100 OBC. Mine is a better deal.

I have never had a problem with it not being credited. It just never shows up on the personalizer. I'd much rather get the OBC.

can anybody explain to me what you get an FCC for?

I booked with Princess and got $75 FCC. They just deducted igt from what my final total is.

I asked before and got 1 reply but I'm still confused.

Bill

Hi Bill,

From what I understand the FCC is only available when you book a future cruise onboard. It's good for four years. Did you put down a deposit to book a future cruise on Princess in June of 2004 (looks like the last time you cruised Princess)? If so, your FCC would be applied to your next Princess cruise.

Our TA always sends us a cruise confirmation with the OBC listed on it before we even leave home. Then we check once onboard after a couple of days just to make sure the paperwork is consistant. We have never had any problems.

Happy cruising to you!

Hi Bill,

From what I understand the FCC is only available when you book a future cruise onboard. It's good for four years. Did you put down a deposit to book a future cruise on Princess in June of 2004 (looks like the last time you cruised Princess)? If so, your FCC would be applied to your next Princess cruise.

Nope I didn't put down any deposits. Isn't the amount usually $100 when you book your future cruise or does it vary depending on the category you book?

I got $75.00 FCC. At least that's what it said. Could you get FCC's for referrals?

Bill

Archived