Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

wow, what a wonderful person she was. I am sure she had a great life surrounded by her family, grandaughters and grandsons. She will be in hearts of all of us and she will never be forgotten. I wish her children and family stay strong. 2020 is an awful year...

• Like 1

Mr Love - Cody - Your "Grammy" was so proud of you all and she would have loved your "handle"!  

Thank you for sharing Roz's obituary with her online cyber friends - it's a wonderful tribute to her.  I am sure you know by what has been written already how much she will be missed by people she never even met from all over the world.  She was such a huge character with the biggest heart and once you were in her world, she never forgot you.  Likewise she will never be forgotten.  She said to me often that she would come and live with me in Scotland - even if it was in the garden shed with the dogs haha - but her kids and grandkids would never forgive her!   We had such fun sharing stories across "the pond"!  

Thank you dear Cody for being so thoughtful in sharing this with us. My family send you and your family our sincere condolences on the loss of Roz.  

Debi - I cannot imagine your loss and in what has become the spirit of this thread, I send you and Horton big cyber hugs. 💕  

• Like 1

Wow, where to start.  I know, get a box of kleenex,  because the tears are flowing.  Thank you Cody for sharing this with us.  I love your Grammy to pieces.  I am one of her orphans, never having a service dog, but finding this thread and immediately being drawn in. We had a big ole yellow lab, Reno who helped start my relationship with Roz.  She didn't care if I used a service dog or not, our love for animals and cruising was all she needed to pull me into her world.  I see her grandkids got her wonderful personality.  I miss her and can only imagine the loss you all feel.  I will cherish this picture of her. 

Hugs, love and prayers to all of wonderful family. 💔🐾💕

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

Just wanted to check in.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Furkids are doing good.  The weather has cooled down.  We have been a chilly (to us) 71 degrees in the mornings.  Still getting up to right around 100 degrees +/- . Have a great week everyone. 💕

Hi Nancy - funnily enough I was thinking about you earlier today, just wondering how you are.  It's quite strange isn't it not to have the familiar "have a great weekend" but I like to think the fun weekends are never ending with Her Majesty Roz, Brenda, Orson, Wexler, Max, Poppy and all the other fur babies who have gone over the rainbow bridge.  She will have all of those pups sorted out! 

Haha to your chilly 71 degrees!  I think we will hit double figures tomorrow of 12C, that's about 54F to you!  Low at night around 5C!  Think I would melt at 100F!  

Big hugs to you Nancy and your furkids 💖

Mr Love - Cody: if you read this, I tried to find Roz's obituary on legacy but failed miserably.  I don't know if you can provide a link?  Thanks.

Stay safe all. 

Hi Fairborne,  I had quite the time finding the obit for Roz also.  It did finally pop up.  It is a beautiful tribute to our  Queen Roz.  Let me trundle around and see if I can find it again.  They have a great picture of Roz  attached to it.  I took a picture of the picture on my phone, so I would have it.  Be back in a few.

Hello!

This is Rebecca, another one of Wizard-of-Roz's grandchildren, as well as Mr. Love (Cody)'s younger sister. I wanted to share another photo of Grammy for you all. I took this at port in Long Beach as we were setting sail for a week long cruise to Mazatlan, Cabo, and Puerto Vallarta on Princess Cruises. This was the first cruise I had ever been on and it will not be one I soon forget. Grammy was truly a force of nature. Once you know her, it is impossible to forget her. 

Also I've included a bonus Horton photo. I remember one day on the ship, Horton was sitting with his tail in the water bowl and Grammy had asked me to remove his tail from the water. I say "sure" and walk over to go grab his tail. Of course that is the time that he gets excited, starts wagging his tail and flings water all over me. I remember looking up at Grammy, we stare at each other for a second and then we both bust out into laughter. I can still remember her amazing laugh and I don't think I will ever forget it either!

I hope you all stay on this thread and post helpful hints for cruising with a service dog. I'm sure Grammy would have loved to know that her not-so-little piece of Cruise Critic will continue on without her. 

Thank you all for being her friends and her second family, 

Rebecca. 

IMG_4526 2.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, S.S. Cruisers said:

Just wanted to check in.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Furkids are doing good.  The weather has cooled down.  We have been a chilly (to us) 71 degrees in the mornings.  Still getting up to right around 100 degrees +/- . Have a great week everyone. 💕

Wow a chilly 71!!! It's 47 here at noontime. I don't think you'd like it. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, S.S. Cruisers said:

Hi Fairborne,  I had quite the time finding the obit for Roz also.  It did finally pop up.  It is a beautiful tribute to our  Queen Roz.  Let me trundle around and see if I can find it again.  They have a great picture of Roz  attached to it.  I took a picture of the picture on my phone, so I would have it.  Be back in a few.

Where did you find it? I've been looking for weeks.

Thank you Cody and Rebecca for posting. 

I think of her every day. We had one of the best cruises with her last November. I think we laughed the whole week. She was so proud of all her grandchildren and spoke of you often. The stories she would tell!!! I feel like I know all of you. ❤️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rebex_B said:

IMG_4526 2.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

Rebecca - thank you so much for these lovely photos of your Grammy and Mr H!  And for sharing the "tails" from the cruise!  I love the way these labs just perfect the "long suffering" looks - with the puzzlement of where is my next treat coming from!  You must have had such fun on your trips with Grammy and I am sure you know by now just how much she will be missed by us here.  

As we have failed to find your Grammy's Obituary on legacy dot com - would you mind posting a link please.  

(Thank you Nancy for looking - I did look again but just couldn't find it.  Rangeley - I think Nancy first thought I meant the obituary posted on here by Cody but as he mentioned to head over to legacy dot com I was actually looking for that but then neither of us could find it.)

• Like 1

Cindy,

I was wrong.  I was thinking of the one Cody posted for us.  I also went to Legacy and can't find it.  😞 

I have lived in the cold weather.  Not a fan.  But also not a fan of our summer 110+ temps!  Where is the happy medium?

When we were in Hawaii, on our cruise, one of the taxi drivers who was born and raised in Maui said she really doesn't like it.  She said she feels isolated.  If you want to go anywhere, you have fly.  I hadn't thought of that aspect of it.  Even though Maui has everything you could need, it must close in on the people that live there.  I don't know, I think I would be fine with it.  Since we really haven't left the house since March I can see be quarantined on Maui!  I could make it work! 🌴🦜