Waffle Robe usage

sweet sheep

My question is do you wear them only inside your stateroom? Can you wear them going to the pool?

Would you walk around the streets of your neighborhood in your bathrobe? The passageways of the ship are the equivalent.

Wearing robes throughout the ship just looks so tacky.

what are you all prudes we were born the same way there is no surprises just a little different proportionalized not everyone looks at attire or beauty. i have seen this in just short time on this site we are all from different upbringings and you may not be included in all just think we have a right to judge. i'm sure we all have faults!!!:(:rolleyes::eek:

what are you all prudes we were born the same way there is no surprises just a little different proportionalized not everyone looks at attire or beauty. i have seen this in just short time on this site we are all from different upbringings and you may not be included in all just think we have a right to judge. i'm sure we all have faults!!!:(:rolleyes::eek:

That's true. For instance I'd never criticize someone who couldn't put together a coherent sentence...

;)

Would you walk around the streets of your neighborhood in your bathrobe? The passageways of the ship are the equivalent.

Wearing robes throughout the ship just looks so tacky.

I do wear a robe to go out to the end of the driveway to get the newspaper in the morning. If I didn't put the robe on, I might scare the dogs! ;)

I do wear a robe to go out to the end of the driveway to get the newspaper in the morning. If I didn't put the robe on, I might scare the dogs! ;)

This is the reason I tip the newspaper carrier well to be sure that paper is ON the porch every time. ;)

As for robes on the ship, doesn't bother me a bit if a person wants to wear the robe between his/her cabin and pool. As for the Lido, that's another story!

"TACKY"? Marie have you given a thought as to what we are going to wear to the proposed Pajama Party on the "Yummer Cruise"? I have a confirmed cabin, it's a category C, but have no idea which deck that is on, and I believe that you have a guarantee, so not yet assigned. Now, the problem is how do we get from our cabins to that exalted Suite row where the party will be held?

I have the p.j.'s and the slippers but how do I cover up on the way to the party? Should I bring along a raincoat as a coverup? Actually I would prefer that to those ugly waffle robes that HAL provides. I have this fear that I will get into a crowded elevator and everyone will be dressed to the nines and looking at me in my P.j.s and waffle robe and thinking "OMG" what is she wearing - and why? :D

Valerie:)

LOL, Valerie! :). I can pretty much handle the robes anywhere except in the LIDO. And, call me a party pooper but I was not planning on going to the pajama party, lol. It's possible you may be able to cohearse me so you will have a partner in crime, but don't get your hopes up, lol. And, you are right, I booked a guarantee and don't know where my cabin will be yet.

Marie

I don't use the pool, but I see nothing wrong with wearing a HAL robe to go to the spa if I am getting a massage. They cover me more than my bathing suit coverup. They certainly are not a "boudoir" type of robe. I would never dream of wearing one to any of the dining rooms or other public room.

to and from the pool and spa seem fine to me - and I did it. On our Westerdam cruise a couple of years ago one of our friends suitcase traveled to Hawaii and we were going to Alaska. The only thing she had to wear was her bathrobe!

I don't use the pool, but I see nothing wrong with wearing a HAL robe to go to the spa if I am getting a massage. They cover me more than my bathing suit coverup. They certainly are not a "boudoir" type of robe. I would never dream of wearing one to any of the dining rooms or other public room.

Agreed! My "swimsuit coverup" is much more risque than a goofy robe is! :)

You are supposed to wear a robe to and from the sauna and swimming pool. EOD
You know, not once in all of my many years of attending recreation centres with saunas and swimming pools have I EVER seen anyone in a robe. I don't know why you think you are 'supposed' to do so on a ship when you wouldn't do so on land.

You know, not once in all of my many years of attending recreation centres with saunas and swimming pools have I EVER seen anyone in a robe. I don't know why you think you are 'supposed' to do so on a ship when you wouldn't do so on land.

High end spas provide robes.

• 1 year later...

NOPE, NOT US.........

Won't see us in Neptune Lounge in Robes. Not Ever!

Not if the ship (heaven forbid) was sinking ........

If I never have another coffee as long as I live. :eek:

If I never have a nibble from Neptune........

We'll not be in Robes! Horror of Horrors! Won't Happen.

Nope - Not US. :D :D

I've never heard of power strips being furnished.

I have never heard of power strips being provided either.

Better not mention power strips anymore.....the next thing you know, the cruise lines (especially NCL) will think up another way to raise on board revenue......electric meters in each cabin!:eek::D

NOPE, NOT US.........

Won't see us in Neptune Lounge in Robes. Not Ever!

Not if the ship (heaven forbid) was sinking ........

If I never have another coffee as long as I live. :eek:

If I never have a nibble from Neptune........

We'll not be in Robes! Horror of Horrors! Won't Happen.

Nope - Not US. :D :D

Then what's with the reply you gave that is quoted below? OOPS -- busted! :eek:

"It could have been my DH you saw in Neptune Lounge in his robe. Our cabin is almost always right across from Neptune Lounge and sometimes he pops in to pick us up a cup of coffee. I don't imagine he is there more than 2 minutes and he's out the door.

I posted this here on this board in the past and many people said they saw nothing wrong with this.....as long as it's a quick in, get the coffee and gone.

When he returns with my steaming hot coffee and I'm still opening my eyes for the first time that day...... I love it!"

I have seen passengers wearing the bathrobes in the Neptune Lounge at all times of day...and barefoot. Some spend extended stays there in their robes.

I have always thought that the robes provided by Holland America are for use in the staterooms not throughout the ship. I think of it as analogous to a robe provided in a good hotel. Would it be appropriate to wear that robe to the Concierge Lounge? To the dining room? Just my take on this, but surely I may be a bit old fashioned.

Count me as old fashioned, too! Robes are for the stateroom, not the NL or the pool or the Lido. Would one wear a robe to the local coffee shop to pick up a Saturday morning cup of joe? Probably not...so why is the ship any different??

Then what's with the reply you gave that is quoted below? OOPS -- busted! :eek:

"It could have been my DH you saw in Neptune Lounge in his robe. Our cabin is almost always right across from Neptune Lounge and sometimes he pops in to pick us up a cup of coffee. I don't imagine he is there more than 2 minutes and he's out the door.

I posted this here on this board in the past and many people said they saw nothing wrong with this.....as long as it's a quick in, get the coffee and gone.

When he returns with my steaming hot coffee and I'm still opening my eyes for the first time that day...... I love it!"

I took the original quote as tongue-in-cheek.

Archived