All things Independence of the Seas

Leigh Xuereb is going to be the permanent replacement for CD on Indy starting in April. Has anyone ever had him? From what I google on him, he looks good.

Had Leigh on Explorer and he was awesome. I am totally looking forward to seeing him on our Indy cruise this summer! :D

If you are into Karaoke, on Indy they make great use of the 'On Air' lounge, which was designed for Karaoke.....it was tremendous fun on our recent Indy cruise. When Rock the Boat was the band on board with us (their final week unfortunately), they used the Pyramid lounge one night for Karaoke, so it could be don with the live band....it was also great fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious -- who is the band that performs in the Pyramid lounge now that Rock the Boat has gone on vacation and even after their vacation, they will be moving to Anthem on their next contract.

Synergy. We enjoyed the music! A mix of old country (like patsy cline) oldies, pop, classic rock, didn't hear same songs over and over. The piano player in piano bar was amazing, but did the same songs each night. I sure part of it was requests, but I like it mixed up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indy has today been confirmed to be returning to Southampton for the 2016 season.

The TA is May 1, 2016

Independence Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 05/01/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, Florida

Independence Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM 05/02/2016 CocoCay, Bahamas

Independence Of The Seas 05/03/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM 05/04/2016 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Independence Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM 05/05/2016 Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (St. Martin)

Independence Of The Seas 05/06/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/07/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/08/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/09/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/10/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/11/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/12/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/13/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas Arrive: 05:30 AM 05/14/2016 London, Southampton, England

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked for June 18, 2016. Looking forward to this unique itinerary!

It's been a long time since we sailed RCL (2006) and that was on Vision of the Seas. I know a lot has changed since then, and I am looking forward to discovering RCL all over again!

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked for June 18, 2016. Looking forward to this unique itinerary!

It's been a long time since we sailed RCL (2006) and that was on Vision of the Seas. I know a lot has changed since then, and I am looking forward to discovering RCL all over again!

I sailed The Indy in Feb 2014 and fell in love with Royal, as this was my first Royal cruise. Previously we only cruised Carnival. My hubby and I did a lot of compairing (to Carnival) that whole cruise--some pro, some con--but we still could not wait to book our next Royal cruise, and did so immediately upon returning home. We loved The Indy! We sailed her for an 8 day itinerary, but wished it was longer. We sailed the Oasis this past Feb and were blown away! Central Park being our favorite place to be. I think you will be happy with Royal, but I often think the food I had in the Main Dining Room on both the Indy and Oasis was not as good as on Carnival. But I have not sailed Carnival since 2007, so the quality there, too, may have slipped.

I sailed The Indy in Feb 2014 and fell in love with Royal, as this was my first Royal cruise. Previously we only cruised Carnival. My hubby and I did a lot of comparing (to Carnival) that whole cruise--some pro, some con--but we still could not wait to book our next Royal cruise, and did so immediately upon returning home. We loved The Indy! We sailed her for an 8 day itinerary, but wished it was longer. We sailed the Oasis this past Feb and were blown away! Central Park being our favorite place to be. I think you will be happy with Royal, but I often think the food I had in the Main Dining Room on both the Indy and Oasis was not as good as on Carnival. But I have not sailed Carnival since 2007, so the quality there, too, may have slipped.

Thanks for offering your perspective! We've never sailed Carnival, so it's interesting to hear the comparisons. I'm sure we'll have a great time on Royal again, and if I weren't, I wouldn't have booked the cruise!

We are looking at this ship. We have been on Freedom and Liberty (2 times). The Freedom Class is great. If we do book her it will be May 31 3015. Just can't decide on this one or a European cruise later in the year.

Booking now for a 5/31/15 cruise, I hope you are getting a good price -- only about 6 weeks to cruise date....I envy, that you can go....I wish I could go on Indy again soon...we loved her this past February.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to you all! We will be enjoying our first cruise on the IoS this December and we are very excited! I wonder if there is anyone who can tell me what the ship will be like during this month; are there Christmas decorations and can we expect holiday-like events? And the weather! We will be on a 5 night sailing going only to Falmouth and Labadee--will we be okay bringing our suits? Were should we stay before our departure? Can anyone recommend a decent hotel? We are a family of 5 and have no need for fancy--I just want a place that includes breakfast. And what in the world will we do with our car??? Can you recommend any park and cruise locations or hotels with that offering? I know, I know, a lotta questions, a pain in the kiester.....but I surely do appreciate your help! Thanks in advance...

Hello to you all! We will be enjoying our first cruise on the IoS this December and we are very excited! I wonder if there is anyone who can tell me what the ship will be like during this month; are there Christmas decorations and can we expect holiday-like events? And the weather! We will be on a 5 night sailing going only to Falmouth and Labadee--will we be okay bringing our suits? Were should we stay before our departure? Can anyone recommend a decent hotel? We are a family of 5 and have no need for fancy--I just want a place that includes breakfast. And what in the world will we do with our car??? Can you recommend any park and cruise locations or hotels with that offering? I know, I know, a lotta questions, a pain in the kiester.....but I surely do appreciate your help! Thanks in advance...

It will be warm in the Caribbean in December, usually in the 80's F. The ship is usually decorated for Christmas from late November until New Year's.

You can get a ton of information and opinions about where to stay pre-cruise on the Florida Departure board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 or for general Fort Lauderdale visitor information go to http://www.sunny.org

We are sailing 22nd of February on a 5 day caribbean cruise.

The roll call is only us so far. So I wonder if this is an "unpopular" cruise?

How will FLL, Falmouth and Labadee be at this time of the year?

I've found that roll calls for most shorter cruises don't have much activity anymore. The Caribbean will be in the 80's F.