All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I will add that it pays to book ahead. I made my reservation in July of 06 , and the same D1 is now $500 per person more than it was then. Heading into the final countdown after 500 day wait.
I second that. I reserved a RFS on the first day it became available. As the cruise got closer, people were paying more per person for an OV than I paid per person (6 people $12,000 - $2,000 per person) for the Royal Family Suite.

Inside bedroom ...

2ndbedrm-MS.jpg

Master bedroom ...

MstrBdrm-1.jpg

MstrBdrm-2.jpg

Master bathroom ...

Mstrbath.jpg

Sitting room ...

SitRmbedopen-1.jpg

Balcony ...

IMG_1999.jpg

Docked in Labadee:

162279369_2fcgA-M.jpg

Royal Promenade:

Christie,

Great picture of FOS in Labadee, my wife and I just made our last excursion last night and were talking about the great ship photos that can be taken all over Labadee and were looking forward to seeing Freedom there.

Thanks for all those cool pictures.....even though i have been on freedom and have been in interior and balcony rooms.....I have to admit, i've NEVER seen the "bunk" bed situation because i only travel with one other person (husband) and i've never seen the sofa bed folded out either and have never tried to unfold it. :-)

our humble abode for one week on freedom...

cruise2006%20013.jpg

A link to my review (fairly long) ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30442

IMG_1651.jpg

A different view (different from any posted so far) ...

Front.jpg

Leaving Miami ...

IMG_1674.jpg

Rough seas on the way back to Miami ...

Viewaft.jpg

The Flowrider ...

IMG_1804.jpg

Ice skating ...

IMG_2432.jpg

I actually have not finished posting (on the Internet) all my photos yet.

I am so glad to see this thread, we came back from the Explorer which we loved and are planning to go on the Freedom next February, my kids are so excited about that. The ship looks great, and the ports are terrific for us.

RE: Formal portraits...

EVERYWHERE! :D I am not kidding. They have formal portraits set up all over the ship. They have them in the Promenade. Outside the dining room. On the stairs next to the glass elevators. On the light up bridge. We went to as many settings as we could and I know we hit at least 10 different ones.

Thanks for the information! Our first cruise, I was a bit shy about taking multiple formal pics.

By the way, Do you know if I can bring my own frozen dessert onboard? I have been saving it....

(just kidding ;) )

Christie,

Great picture of FOS in Labadee, my wife and I just made our last excursion last night and were talking about the great ship photos that can be taken all over Labadee and were looking forward to seeing Freedom there.

Thanks, Bill! That is one of my all-time favorite cruise pictures. I can see what people mean by saying they'll miss that when the pier is built in Labadee, but I will definitely trade that in for the convenience of NOT having to tender!

Here is another shot of Freedom as we were tendered away in Grand Cayman:

162289429_VC6qN-M.jpg

By the way, Do you know if I can bring my own frozen dessert onboard? I have been saving it....

(just kidding ;) )

Sure, by all means go ahead and bring it :D :p (I swear the best threads go POOF...lol)

Do NOT be shy about going to ALL of the portrait settings. You just never know which ones you'll like once they are developed. I know there were some that I loved and others, not so much. ;)

There is a nice one with a red couch and a black background. Look for that one.

AND, there is an INFORMAL setting on another night. That's the white background one that you can see in my siggie. Lots of people were getting that one done. I saw alot of cute ones from that.

RCCL Genesis Inaugural - Whenever/Wherever
Let me see if I have this right. You have a group cruise set up for a ship that has not been built yet, going to an unknown destination, beginning on an unknown date? :confused: Have you picked out your cabin yet? :)

Let me see if I have this right. You have a group cruise set up for a ship that has not been built yet, going to an unknown destination, beginning on an unknown date? :confused: Have you picked out your cabin yet? :)

HAHAHAHAHA YEP! And the hotel room too!!!!! (I kid you not) :D

And the crazy part is that there are 110 OTHER crazies like me at the Cruise Critic Inaugural Genesis Group...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519

So yes, I will be on a ship, don't know the name, don't know the ports, don't know the date (Fallish 09), don't know the price, but I DO know the crazy people that will be onboard with me :D

I know the family promenade rooms have a bathtub in the bathroom, do the family oceanview rooms have them too? the tub not the room:D We are going in December can't wait. The pictures from everybody are great. Thank you cruisinmama 06 for the ones of places to get snack and the H20 Zone, my kids are very excited about it.

HAHAHAHAHA YEP! And the hotel room too!!!!! (I kid you not) :D

And the crazy part is that there are 110 OTHER crazies like me at the Cruise Critic Inaugural Genesis Group...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519

So yes, I will be on a ship, don't know the name, don't know the ports, don't know the date (Fallish 09), don't know the price, but I DO know the crazy people that will be onboard with me :D

Darn - I forgot it had not been named yet. Missed that one. :(

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. Let us know your thoughts after the cruise. Then I'll decide if I am interested. Personally I think the ships are starting to get a little too big.

Great photos!!! Wide angle lense??
I'm not sure who you are directing this question to, but if it is me, many of the photos that I posted are actually made up of several photos "stitched" together via software (I use the Microsoft product - though Photoshop is better known).

The "stitched" photos tend to be either short and wide (both H2O Zone photos are made up from more than one shot) or tall and skinny (the rock wall is made up of two photographs stitched together). However, the inside photos, such as the inside bedroom in post # 27, are also stitched together in a grid pattern, kind of like a miniature checker board.