Is there something I don't know

We have decided to take another cruise..okay we are now hooked:o but because my kids will have different spring breaks we are going in June 2009. I just booked the RFS on the Explorer..it was available..how come? I am glad it was, but strangely nervous.

Is the itinerary less desirable?

9 night Bermuda and Caribbean Cruise.

It is on the Explorer which looks like a pretty cool ship. We were just on the Liberty of the Seas and that was very nice. Do they compare?

Help..only good thing is I have a year to make up my mind:rolleyes:

Be aware of the differences on the Freedom class ships (Liberty and Freedom). The Explorer will not have the H2O zone, will not have a flowrider, will not have freshwater pools. These turned out to be 3 important things for us (we just were on Mariner last week). My kids are 10 and 5.5 and they really missed these things.

I now know that I have to really consider the ship and its amenities when booking. We're planning for '09 and we think that we'll be waiting until August to do our family cruise. Independence will be in the Med so that leaves us with Freedom or Liberty. They both do East and West. We did West on Liberty in November and just did East on Mariner. I think we'll redo the West itinerary since I think we like it more than the East. Of course, I didn't plan nearly as much for Mariner as I did for Liberty. Maybe with better planning, we'd have liked the East more. But I can totally skip San Juan next time.

The reason it was still available is because the bookings just came out for 4/09-12/09 (I think that is how far they go out) on the 25th of March!

I have not done The Liberty, but did sail on the Explorer last August. We loved it! There is a huge "Everything Explorer" thread were you can ask anything... I'm sure you will get a ton of information there.

Congrats on your good fortune.

A~

Be aware of the differences on the Freedom class ships (Liberty and Freedom). The Explorer will not have the H2O zone, will not have a flowrider, will not have freshwater pools. These turned out to be 3 important things for us (we just were on Mariner last week). My kids are 10 and 5.5 and they really missed these things.

I now know that I have to really consider the ship and its amenities when booking. We're planning for '09 and we think that we'll be waiting until August to do our family cruise. Independence will be in the Med so that leaves us with Freedom or Liberty. They both do East and West. We did West on Liberty in November and just did East on Mariner. I think we'll redo the West itinerary since I think we like it more than the East. Of course, I didn't plan nearly as much for Mariner as I did for Liberty. Maybe with better planning, we'd have liked the East more. But I can totally skip San Juan next time.

While the Explorer won't have the H20 zone, it will have Adventure Beach unlike the Mariner. The newer two Voyager class ships, the Mariner and the Navigator, have a larger teen area instead of Adventure Beach.

Thanks for the info. We have cruised very little -just 2- 3 nighters, with the last cruise a 7 nighter.

I did not mean to offend anyone with my question, we have 5 people on the cruise maybe 6 and my preference to was have the kids in the room with us.

We stopped in San Juan this last time and I could skip it as well. We were on the Eastern and really am interested in Western.

I appreciate the input.

Thanks for the info. We have cruised very little -just 2- 3 nighters, with the last cruise a 7 nighter.

I did not mean to offend anyone with my question, we have 5 people on the cruise maybe 6 and my preference to was have the kids in the room with us.

We stopped in San Juan this last time and I could skip it as well. We were on the Eastern and really am interested in Western.

I appreciate the input.

No need to apologize, I see nothing offensive in your question.

I appreciate the input.

We toured the RFS when we were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago. Hang on to that cabin! The balcony is huge, huge huge. There is a separate living room, 2 bathrooms and at least 2 bedrooms. I can't remember if there was a third. It sleeps 8, so 5 or 6 of you should be quite comfortable there.

This is a joke, right? You have a need for everyone to know you booked the RFS?????:confused: I don't get people like you.

Jealous much? The fact that they booked the RFS was not the point of their question. The point is that RFS's usually sell out VERY FAST! And the fact that they were able to get one no problem, made them wonder if this was a less desirable sailing for some reason. They were so obviously not bragging, so stop being so angry.

And p.s. Don't confuse the Royal FAMILY suite with the ROYAL suite. Big difference.

Jealous much? The fact that they booked the RFS was not the point of their question. The point is that RFS's usually sell out VERY FAST! And the fact that they were able to get one no problem, made them wonder if this was a less desirable sailing for some reason. They were so obviously not bragging, so stop being so angry.

And p.s. Don't confuse the Royal FAMILY suite with the ROYAL suite. Big difference.

Some people are just green with envy...:eek:

I don't care if someone does post to "brag" about a great bargain . I like to read about those things because it makes me think about the possibilities.

As far as the amenities on different ships... I've come to the conclusion that sometimes I cruise for the itinerary, and other times more for the ship. Last year we stayed on the ship instead of getting off in Jamaica. I feel the same way about San Juan, but that is one of only three ports our cruise next year visits ( Liberty) and since our sons are with us we will do something in each port.

We have decided to take another cruise..okay we are now hooked:o but because my kids will have different spring breaks we are going in June 2009. I just booked the RFS on the Explorer..it was available..how come? I am glad it was, but strangely nervous.

Is the itinerary less desirable?

9 night Bermuda and Caribbean Cruise.

It is on the Explorer which looks like a pretty cool ship. We were just on the Liberty of the Seas and that was very nice. Do they compare?

Help..only good thing is I have a year to make up my mind:rolleyes:

Your kids will have a GREAT time on this cruise. We did it last August. In June they will find LOTS of company. Kids love to meet and make friends on cruises, and it will be easier for them on a 9 night than it was on your shorter cruises.

I don't know where you live, but we love the Explorer, since she was our "first", but we love her even more now that we can drive to her!

You can click on the link in my signature to read about that cruise.

:)

Great post! I agree, since there are what, maybe two or three :confused: RFS per ship and one was available is a big score for the OP as she was able to get it for the date she can cruise during SB....those cabins go so fast!!

Her question was a good one and she was looking for advice and others input of who had this type of cabin.

OP....keep your cabin I think it will be perfect for you and your family!!

Archived