Kids in Pinnacle Grill

jerseygirl3

I had no idea kids were allowed at the Pinnacle Grill. I just assumed they weren't because Royal Caribbean's specialty restaurant (Chops) was only for guests 13 years of age and up.

That is good to know. My upcoming Oosterdam cruise will be just DH and I, but we also do family cruises. We have taken our kids to fine restaurants before and they know how to behave.

I know that is disapointing to me also. So many children nowadays are not well behaved-now with well mannered children I would not have a problem with.

I say, let the kids in the Pinnacle when adults are able to hang out at the oasis area. :)

Don't laugh ... we did hang out at the Oasis on my 2006 Hawaii/South Pacific cruise. There were no teens on the sailing, so they opened the area up for general use. It is very nice.

I guess I'd have to say it depends on the age/maturity level of the kids as to whether they should be allowed in the Pinnacle. A well-behaved 12 year old would be no problem as far as I'm concerned. A screaming baby would be, as would a rambunctious child running around the restaurant disturbing the other diners.

Blue skies ...

--rita

My kids have been taught restaurant manners and usually order from the adult menu. I can't stand having them eat essentially "junk food", which is usually what kid menus offer. On our last cruise they enjoyed steak, shrimp, salad, etc.

If they tried to draw attention to themselves via some of the tactics mentioned in other posts, they would be OUTTA THERE so fast it would make their heads spin...and they know that....so, they have learned to behave themselves.

:)

So, the appropriate PG policy:

"No one shall be allowed in the PG prior to their 24th month, subject to the PG code of conduct to be strictly enforced by HAL behavior police".:rolleyes:

How about opening the PG for lunch when preschoolers can apprentice the full range of adult skills under the doting tutelage of their adoring parents, while restricting the evening hours for graduated adults.

No I suppose not either.

Your above post delighted me, world-citizen. :D

With just over 100 posts, you've recognized the dynamics of this HAL forum. ;)

However, be forewarned: The HAL BEHAVIOR POLICE are becoming stretched thin between trying to control proper dress in the dining room, cigarette smoking, booze smuggling, topless sunbathing, and those walking about in public areas with their bathrobes.

SO MANY infringements/so little time! :)

Just HOPE that you don't have to call upon these folks for back-up. You might get a delayed response! :eek:

Just took both of my children to the PG. They are 13 and 11, love fine dining and love fine food. If it was socially acceptable, they would have licked the last morsel of filet juice off their plates. They both ate full meals and behaved like well-behaved adults.

Our mistake was that we took them there the first night. After the PG experience, all the steak in the dining room was the "long chew" kind. Surf and Turf night was virtually gross. In fact, I think they cut filet shapes out of some old sirloin or london broil and called it "filet." The meat in the PG is well worth the extra money.....just mad that I ordered the petite cut!!!!

What are chicken nuggets? :confused:

Might you know them as chicken fingers? Or chicken tenders?

The nuggets are usually smaller pieces prepared the same way.

It's white meat chicken, battered, and deep fried.

I had no idea kids were allowed at the Pinnacle Grill. I just assumed they weren't because Royal Caribbean's specialty restaurant (Chops) was only for guests 13 years of age and up.

That is good to know. My upcoming Oosterdam cruise will be just DH and I, but we also do family cruises. We have taken our kids to fine restaurants before and they know how to behave.

These "rules" must be guidelines for the staff only. I had my kids at Royal Caribbean's specialty resturant one was 9 at the time. The staff were really tickled at my kids comparing the taste of the food served there to the main dining room. I assure you, they could taste the difference. They also sent their left over food up later for the kids to have as their "midnight" snack.

John, how long did it take you to find chicken nuggets on a Dutch Plate(appropriate for the HAL board)?:) Or did you just whip up a batch, put them on a plate you had and took a picture?;)

It took some work;) The Dutch plate was a bonus and the mustard came off the hotdog

[quote name='ON cruiser']Jerseygirl, the key part of your message above was when you noted that your sister would remove the children from the venue if they started to fuss, and so the children learned the patience and manners to sit through a longer dinner. Believe me, I would thus have no trouble sitting next to your family as, from what you state, the children would be well-behaved and, if they suddenly become not, the parents would act appropriately.

What often occurs, however, and not just on cruise ships but in society in general, is that children have not been taught as have your niece/nephew. I have been at movie theatres, live theatre shows, "fine" dining establishments, when the children start to misbehave and what do the parents do? Nothing. That they have a hearing problem, so don't perhaps hear their little darling screeching, is a possibility, but everyone in the surrounding area does hear, unfortunately. Either that or the parents think that we all believe it is "cute" that their little darling is running around the dining room, trying to trip the waiters--saw that happening on my last cruise on the Westerdam. You would think the parents would have a clue, but many are just oblivious.

Another poster earlier pointed out how discordant and distracting it is to have a child crying throughout dinner--not at ones home, or at a MacDonalds, but in a nicer dining venue.

While HAL and many cruiselines are trying to be more family-friendly, and that is fine, one would hope that the families also make the effort that your sister has done with her children, so we can all get along and eat in peace and quiet, in a venue that lends itself to peace and quiet (like the Pinnacle, or even the main dining room).[/quote]

My niece, who is now 17, was able to comport herself properly from the time she learned to speak. However, I wouldn't expect most children under the age of 6 to be able to benefit from fine dining. That said, my niece - to my horror, because of the animal cruelty aspects and the fact that we don't favour eating entrails - has favoured fois gras from an early age. She learned how to experience and enjoy fine dining and has never embarassed us when we took her out with us.

That said, and to agree with some of the comments on this board, a lot rests with the parents, and many modern parents give their children no boundries. We were out with our in-laws at a nice restaurant the other evening and there was what appeared to be a five year old banshee at the table next to us. Her parent's did nothing to quiet her loud screams, and allowed her to run around unattended in the restaurant. Frankly, a child needs to learn that there are repercussions for bad behaviour, obviously from their grins, these parent's thought her behaviour was 'cute'. The rest of the diners did not. Personally, I would have swept her up and taken her home via taxi, and told her that until she could act in a civilized manner that she would not be joining the grown-ups when going out. Then I would have shipped her out to a Swiss Boarding School until she was 18 and could act like a human being - just joking :D

Again, it depends on the child, and let me tell you my niece would not have wanted pizza or nuggets even as a small child. She would have wanted the Asparagus with Bearnaise - she went through a period of wanting to be a chef, LOL! I know adults in their 40's whom I would not want to take to the Pinnacle, as they have no boundaries.

I suppose that folks can take advantage of the baby-sitters that I have read are offered onboard, and I guess they probably should consider it an option if their kids might pose a problem. If they wish to be courteous to the other guests onboard.

[quote name='hunnypot1'][COLOR=navy][B]My kids have been taught restaurant manners and usually order from the adult menu. I can't stand having them eat essentially "junk food", which is usually what kid menus offer. On our last cruise they enjoyed steak, shrimp, salad, etc.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B][I][U]If they tried to draw attention to themselves via some of the tactics mentioned in other posts, they would be OUTTA THERE so fast it would make their heads spin...and they know that....so, they have learned to behave themselves.[/U][/I][/B][/COLOR]
[I][/I]
[I][U]:)[/quote][/U][/I]

[B]If all parents reacted like that, there would be no need for this thread. Unfortunately, for each enlightened and compassionate parent like you, hunnypot, there is one of the "other" kind.
[/B]

[quote name='pipedreams62']They're actually pigeons

[IMG]http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/webworld2000/images/images/PIGEON.JPG[/IMG][/quote]

:p We modern parents who raise wolves like to treat our children to that gourmet dish, " Drunken Squirrel"....:eek: :D

[IMG]http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/animals/assets/bad_squirrel.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Golfette'][/u][/i]

[B]If all parents reacted like that, there would be no need for this thread. Unfortunately, for each enlightened and compassionate parent like you, hunnypot, there is one of the "other" kind.[/B]
[/quote]

[COLOR=navy][B]You are very kind... :)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][B]One of my friends (who is a parent of three teenagers) said, "Of course you teach them how to behave...I mean, [U][SIZE=3]you've[/SIZE][/U] got to live with them!" [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][B]LOL! So true! :D [/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='hunnypot1'][COLOR=navy][B]You are very kind... :)[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]One of my friends (who is a parent of three teenagers) said, "Of course you teach them how to behave...I mean, [U][SIZE=3]you've[/SIZE][/U] got to live with them!" [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy][B]LOL! So true! :D [/B][/COLOR][/quote]

My teens amaze me . I get the nicest compliments from teachers , and the parents of their friends on how well behaved and polite and helpful they are. Of course I am very pleased and proud of them.

But what the hell happens to these kids when they come back to my house :) :)

Not that they are "BAD" kids at home , just different :)

oh well eventually they will be out in the world on their own , and its good they are already making a good impression.

[quote name='Copper10-8'][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/Copper10-8/Chickennuggets3.jpg?t=1207009830[/IMG][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]LOL. I babysit and make dinner twice a week for my 11 and 6 year old grandsons. I have cooked up all sorts of homemade wonderful treats for them, but these boxed chicken nuggets are what they love best. Go figure! [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]LOL. I babysit and make dinner twice a week for my 11 and 6 year old grandsons. I have cooked up all sorts of homemade wonderful treats for them, but these boxed chicken nuggets are what they love best. Go figure! [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[B][COLOR=red]Because they're greasy, deep-fat fried and crunchy. :o [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Golfette'][B][COLOR=red]Because they're greasy, deep-fat fried and crunchy. :o [/COLOR][/B][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I'm sure you're right, because everything I cook, while tasty, is also healthy and those are a treat! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

A few years back, when we went on the Marnier, dad took me to the Italian resturant...cant remember the name of it... I was 21 at the time, next to us, was a couple, who obviously just met, or they'd just sat together... reguardless, they keep drinking the wine... and were rather louder than everyone else, and their conversation, we could hear every word...

that put a damper on our 'experience'.

Archived