Maybe it's the title "Senior"

Richard in Panama

You guys are terrific! Enjoy your posts! Going to Europe & Africa on RC on Sept. 14th. I met such wonderful people on my 1st cruise to Alaska in June. I came home & booked another right away. Met a teacher I taught with for 15 years aboard the 1st cruise & 125 alumni from one of the colleges I had attended over the years.

Jackie from the Arizona Desert

66 & 67 here. Thought I would never retire, loved my work then a bad accident in 2003 finished my career. Took to retirement like a duck to water, don't ask me what day of the week it is, even stopped wearing a watch.

My son in law asked our daughter to marry him in that Lighthouse on our 2003 cruise and they were married on the beach in Cancun the following year.

How NEAT! To have a proposal of marriage in that lighthouse. That lighthouse I will "never" forget as long as my "memory"??? is good. I would LOVE to go back there right now, and "walk/climb" the steps again, at the age of 66.:)

brneyes

Well it is a "beautiful" "sunny" day here in Kansas City at 9:00 AM. I say, no matter what the "temperature", just GIVE ME the sunshine!:)

I never thought about this until now, and then I thought, why not ASK some of you that have already done it, or know about it, or are "going" to do it. I am looking for a cruise, possibly going in February or March next year, that has the theme of Oldies or Rock & Roll. The closest I have ever got to anything like this was with Bowser of Sha Na Na, and he was just a "guest" like me on one of the cruises I took. He happened to be in the food line when I was getting my food.:)

If you know of anything coming up next year, or can give me a "clue" on how to go about finding something like this, I would like to know? I would prefer booking in my area, as I feel more comfortable doing this, than doing it over the internet.

brneyes

I am looking for a cruise, possibly going in February or March next year, that has the theme of Oldies or Rock & Roll. The closest I have ever got to anything like this was with Bowser of Sha Na Na, and he was just a "guest" like me on one of the cruises I took. He happened to be in the food line when I was getting my food.:)

If you know of anything coming up next year, or can give me a "clue" on how to go about finding something like this, I would like to know? I would prefer booking in my area, as I feel more comfortable doing this, than doing it over the internet.

brneyes

Wow would I love that too. Some of the smaller cruise lines offer more themed cruises but they are usually cooking, wine, or classical in nature.

I would check with a travel agent in your area who specializes in cruises. They might have an inside look at what's coming up and/or know who to contact to find what you're looking for. Otherwise, I'd post your question in a couple of different forums here at CC. Either you will find an answer or someone from a cruise line might just read it and get inspired.

Keep us posted!

It takes me a while to come up with the courage to try my 1st solo cruise and thinking of going on the Holland America's Oosterdam on the Jan 24th for 7 days sailing. Before I make the deposit, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where to get the best price for a single passenger. H A will charge me 150%, I also checked with a couple of on- line agents, their rates are the same.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Hi this is my first time on this site and I just wanted to tell you how right you are on this feeling of finding the courage to go by yourself.

Book Online in 5 Easy Steps

Please select your cabin. Choose single occupancy if you'd like to occupy your cabin alone. Select double occupancy if you'll be travelling with a roommate, or if you'd like to take advantage of SingleCruise.com's FREE roommate matching service!

Singles Cruise.com

I have to travel by myself as well, good luck

Hi Karen, yes that has been on my "heart" for quite a while. I have been putting this Oldies/Rock & Roll theme question out in several areas. Hopefully I will find something soon that I can start working on. I know MSC cruises have one, and I have no idea about them, other than I contacted my TA here, and she told me they do not deal with them. They may be fine, but to me, that was a "red flag" for me. I trust my TA for over 8 years, and she has never led me wrong.

Now I will tell all you "Seniors" a "funny", and you will probably "laugh" at me, but that is OK.:o Ringing Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus is in town. (I have not been to the circus for years.) I just called my son here from work, and ask him, if he would like to take "Mom" to the circus? He actually said he had planned on going with his family. Don't laugh, but I feel like a "kid", getting "excited", knowing that I might get to go.:)

brneyes

Hi Karen, yes that has been on my "heart" for quite a while. I have been putting this Oldies/Rock & Roll theme question out in several areas. Hopefully I will find something soon that I can start working on. I know MSC cruises have one, and I have no idea about them, other than I contacted my TA here, and she told me they do not deal with them. They may be fine, but to me, that was a "red flag" for me. I trust my TA for over 8 years, and she has never led me wrong.

Now I will tell all you "Seniors" a "funny", and you will probably "laugh" at me, but that is OK.:o Ringing Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus is in town. (I have not been to the circus for years.) I just called my son here from work, and ask him, if he would like to take "Mom" to the circus? He actually said he had planned on going with his family. Don't laugh, but I feel like a "kid", getting "excited", knowing that I might get to go.:)

brneyes

I love the circus. We go almost every year.

Hi All,

Just wanted to add, DH & I are now past the 55 mark...mentally we're in our 20s...physically, well that's a whole other story. Still moving and healthy just a little more laid back. We're planning (well I am doing all the work) for our cruise next year to celebrate our 40th. Thinking about a 14 day Caribbean cruise. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Neverthought

My wife & I and 2 friends we met on our Panama Canal cruise have booked the 14 day Celebrity Constellation sailing on 1/31/2010 out of Miami. We have had a lot of people join the Roll Call thread & I started a website (link in my signature) where you can see the itinerary and get to know the other people on the cruise. It has a nice selection of the Eastern & Southern Caribbean ports. You should check it out. We love to have you join us and celebrate your 40th.

Well I did make it to the circus this past Friday night. What a show. They even had a porcupine (with quills) in the show.:) Even at 66, I felt like a young girl once again, and it was great.:)

Hopefully I haven't ask this of yet, but I am going to mention a couple websites, and see if anyone here on the forum has ever used them before, or know of anyone who has. I am a little uneasy of booking directly through a website (not a cruise line), as I have always used a TA in my area. If you have used this website, or know of someone who has, would you give me your pros/cons. Here they are:

youroldiescruise.com

maltshopcruise.com

The above two have cruises that I am interested in, and I think the ONLY way you can get in the area of the entertainers, etc. is book directly through this website.

Brenda -brneyes

• 1 month later...

Hello to those who have responded back to my comments. I didn't realize (actually I thought I had lost:( this forum) that I hadn't been on this forum since September 26th. My time does fly.

I will say my friend and I are planning on doing the Carnival Paradise cruise in April of next year. It is an oldies/rock & roll cruise with 4 "name entertaines."

If any of you have been on the Paradise ship, would you give me your pros/cons of this ship.

Also, if you have been to Catalina Island or Ensenada, Mexico, give me pros/cons of what to see and do in a short :eek: period of time.

I have really missed:( being on this forum, and hopefully I can stay in touch. I am (working full time too) in the process of doing my Christmas baking of 40 - 60 different kinds of cookies/candies and breads. It's a lot of work/expense, but I love making people happy.:)

Everyone have a great weekend!

brneyes

I am 60 and do take what 'senior' discounts I can get. However, I don't consider myself to be a senior. I much prefer the more polite term, "Junior Geezer". :)

Wouldn't it be nice if there were special cruises for us that were rug-rat-free!?

While we're at it, how about a Bubba-free cruise? You know the type; he wears his camo T shirt and matching baseball cap to formal dining.

I have really missed:( being on this forum, and hopefully I can stay in touch. I am (working full time too) in the process of doing my Christmas baking of 40 - 60 different kinds of cookies/candies and breads. It's a lot of work/expense, but I love making people happy.:)

brneyes

Wow! You've already started on your Christmas baking! I feel so behind. We just got back from back2back river cruises from the north of France to the south. Lots of fun but the weather didn't cooperate much. Don't ever plan to visit France in late Oct/Nov. Now we are off to visit the newest grand born while we were gone (poor planning on their part). My baking will have to wait a few weeks more.

Smiles!

Wow! You've already started on your Christmas baking! I feel so behind. We just got back from back2back river cruises from the north of France to the south. Lots of fun but the weather didn't cooperate much. Don't ever plan to visit France in late Oct/Nov. Now we are off to visit the newest grand born while we were gone (poor planning on their part). My baking will have to wait a few weeks more.

Smiles!

We really enjoyed France/Switzerland/Germany and Italy in October and November. We loved the less crowded atmosphere [because many other tourists feel the same way you do, thank goodness!] The weather can be a bit "iffy" but, there's always somewhere to duck-in out of the weather!

If it's election time here in the USA it makes for even more interesting travel. The Europeans make a bigger deal over our elections than we do!!!!!

Enjoy your new grandbaby and happy baking! I, too, will be joining "what did you bring for us Grammy?" club, this holiday season and love it!!!!!! :)

Well Karen, congratulations to you and family on the new addition. Don't worry about baking, grandchildren are more important, especially "newborns." I am blessed that my twin sons lived on each side of me, but we are all an acre apart, so my grandchildren "don't" live on my doorstep every day.:) Actually my sons complain and say I don't visit them as much. But after getting off from work, I'm ready to "tackle" everything else.

I don't believe I have said, but I have 3 grown sons (twins), and are you ready for this............15 grandchildren.:) My first "twin" son has, are you ready for this.........."7" BOYS under the age of 11. Yes they were hoping for a girl, but God sends what he wants us to have. Their last son, a year old last month is a Spina Biffia baby, but if he doesn't have a new body here, he WILL get one in Heaven.:)

I've never done a (probably can't afford it) back to back cruise, but I imagine that would be neat or interesting.

Brenda

Archived