Dream released

nklpikl

I just booked a Category 11, for 12/26/09 @ $1142.51 pp. Am I missing something here? It says it's a suite, but isn't that cheap? The BLG's are more expensive...Seriously, am I missing something???

Wow, that is an amazing price. We just booked, now only 544 days to go! :rolleyes:

It does look as though Carnival is listening to us. I remember seeing on a thread a while back to take out Grand Cayman, and keep Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya. I've been to Grand Cayman so many times. It's just too touristy and expensive for me.

You know this, Mom, but for everyone else, that was my Dream.... from June 7 in my review thread:

*I wish to see Costa Maya... really bad! It's in Mexico... with lots of ruins nearby for DH (and myself). And it's a part of Mexico I have never seen, but REALLY want to. That said, I'd be hard-pressed to choose between the Legend staying with Roatan or a different cruise going to Costa Maya, even with the rest of the itinerary the same. Take away Grand Cayman and stop in Costa Maya = :D IMO.

OK, it's not because of me. But if it was.... the home port would be Tampa! Or would the Dream not clear the Skyway? If not, PC is my Dream port after all!

I'm pretty sure the Conquest ships are too big for the bridge. So, the Dream is probably too big as well.

That's what I figured... if the Legend is a mid-size ship and only clears the Skyway by 5', the Dream probably would not clear it at all as it is the largest ship.

Ah, well.... Canaveral is about as good for me!

Still Dreaming.... of this perfect Western itinery!

Ok, it's not because of me. But if it was.... the home port would be Tampa! Or would the Dream not clear the Skyway? If not, PC is my Dream port after all!

Aye, Tampa would be a good port, I agree, but she won't fit under the Skyway bridge.:mad:

I just booked a Category 11, for 12/26/09 @ $1142.51 pp. Am I missing something here? It says it's a suite, but isn't that cheap? The BLG's are more expensive...Seriously, am I missing something???

Yipeeee! I just nabbed one of those Cat. 11's too. Thank you afcj1! I love Cruise Critic :D :D Now I'm too excited to sleep :eek: :D

I have a call into my pvp to switch my Legend 12/27/09 sailing to the Dream 12/26/09 sailing. We had one quad balcony on the Legend- and we can hopefully get 2 adjoining balconies and save $1,000 on the Dream! And I love the itinerary even more than the Legend! I have also been to GC many times, but would love to go back to Costa Maya and Coz Can't wait till my pvp calls me back!!

Yipeeee! I just nabbed one of those Cat. 11's too. Thank you afcj1! I love Cruise Critic :D :D Now I'm too excited to sleep :eek: :D

GREAT!! I'll have company! Don't know who's going with me yet...but I have time to figure it out. I just couldn't pass up the price:)

OK, so maybe I'm missing something. Where is the itinerary that alternates with the Eastern?

OK. I found them under the cruise search, but not on the Dream page itself.

Prices look really strange. 12/26 sailing, BL shows $1489, 7A is $979 (I take it those are the Cove balconies on Main) and a Cat 11 is only $1079?

Hmmm. We were planning on a Miracle Reunion in December 2009. It's an 8-day and goes to places I haven't. Still, those Dream prices look really good for that time of year!

OK, so maybe I'm missing something. Where is the itinerary that alternates with the Eastern?

OK. I found them under the cruise search, but not on the Dream page itself.

Prices look really strange. 12/26 sailing, BL shows $1489, 7A is $979 (I take it those are the Cove balconies on Main) and a Cat 11 is only $1079?

Hmmm. We were planning on a Miracle Reunion in December 2009. It's an 8-day and goes to places I haven't. Still, those Dream prices look really good for that time of year!

Those 7A's are the cove balconies. I truely think the pricing is way off and I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. When I mentioned it to my TA last night she laughed and couldn't believe it. She very quickly booked my ressie and room:D

Anyone know if the Dream will be doing the Med Cruises in the summer of 2010?

She will be alternating between eastern carib and western carib in the summer... she does a few med cruises and a transatlantic in the fall of next year...

She will be alternating between eastern carib and western carib in the summer... she does a few med cruises and a transatlantic in the fall of next year...

Thanks. I guess Carnival is giving up the summer Med cruises. I'll have to find another line and pay more. Well, I'm up for an RCI cruise anyway.

Thanks. I guess Carnival is giving up the summer Med cruises. I'll have to find another line and pay more. Well, I'm up for an RCI cruise anyway.

The Summer of '10 full schedule hasnt been released, so Carnival could be sending one of its ship back across the pond.

The prices I see for the Dec 26 date are almost double what you guys are mentioning. What's the deal?

Oooops:eek: They finally figured out that the prices were wrong. Sorry, that you weren't able to partake in the GREAT pricing:(

The prices I see for the Dec 26 date are almost double what you guys are mentioning. What's the deal?

Ooooops:eek: It was only a matter of time before Carnival figured out the "crazy" prices. I'm glad that I got in for the cheap rate. Sorry, that they fixed it before you booked:(

Before 8:00 last night I booked an aft balcony in March with my PVP.

I posted on this thread, just to brag a little about the booking but later I read about the rates on the 12/26 cruise. Looked at them several times before I went to bed.

Couldn't sleep. Finally got up and booked a suite for the New Years cruise. We've never had one, even with the fabulous pricing it was more than we want to spend but sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling. I knew those prices wouldn't last.

When I saw the price jump a few hours later and knew I had gotten the deal of the year, it felt almost as good as that feeling when you open the mailbox to see your docs.

I am sorry that more people didn't get a chance at these prices.

Archived