Dream released

nklpikl

Does anyone know if the Dream will have Military rates in the first few months of 2010?

I booked February 2010 and at this time there are no military rates yet. My PVP said that they very easily could be released at a later date but at least I have gotten my reservation in. She said that if military rates are released, I could apply those then.

Thank you "Ocnd"...I will inform my T/A immediately. We booked the 9A for January 9, 2010 for $1277 (each) all inclusive. Maybe it will go down a little but if not, thats ok. We will be Dreamin'.

Man, am I beyond p.o.'d. I saw the Dream prices for 12/26/09, and, as I posted earlier, shot my pvp an e-mail and voicemail at 6:00 a.m. Well, I didn't hear from him - called him again at 2:00, and now just got home, and read the above posting about the prices going up. Sure enough, the price I "thought" I would get went up $1200:eek: . I am sooooo angry!! Luckily, I printed off the page I saw the lower price on this a.m. I will try to get that lower price if/when he ever calls me back. He is usually great about returning calls - he may be on vacation, which he is entitled to - but his voice mail kept saying "I am in the office, helping another client - yada, yada, yada". I am so upset, I could cry:(

pe4all-- Same thing happened to me but not to your extent. I tried to book a cabin last night but I kept getting an error message. Around 6 am this morning I emailed and called my PVP with the cabin# I wanted and my credit card info and told him to book asap. He wasn't able to get back in touch with me until around noon because his phone was ringing off the hook. By the time I was booked, pricing went up like $50 pp :( But I am still thrilled to be sailing on her :)

Man, am I beyond p.o.'d. I saw the Dream prices for 12/26/09, and, as I posted earlier, shot my pvp an e-mail and voicemail at 6:00 a.m. Well, I didn't hear from him - called him again at 2:00, and now just got home, and read the above posting about the prices going up. Sure enough, the price I "thought" I would get went up $1200:eek: . I am sooooo angry!! Luckily, I printed off the page I saw the lower price on this a.m. I will try to get that lower price if/when he ever calls me back. He is usually great about returning calls - he may be on vacation, which he is entitled to - but his voice mail kept saying "I am in the office, helping another client - yada, yada, yada". I am so upset, I could cry:(

That was smart of you to print out the page. I hope you get it!

Man, tough break pe4all. We wish you well trying to get a lower rate.

Chuggiebug: We are going on the Liberty Jan 09 and have the Veranda 9A- Wrap on that one also. It will be our first in a wrap. We usually go into a Cat. 11.:)

Just a quick update - after 2 more calls to my pvp's extension, I dug up his cell # he gave me a few years ago. He answered on the first ring - I apologized for bothering him, as he said he was "off" today (usually works M-F, but took today off). I explained what happened - he said all pvp's received an e-mail yesterday saying there was a "glitch" in the system, and the wrong price was posted, and pvp's were NOT to honor it. I told him I read on this board that some pvp's WERE honoring the "wrong" price. I told him I sent e-mails and called at 6 a.m. - he then said he would speak with his supervisors first thing tomorrow a.m. and see if they could honor the "wrong" price. I told him I printed out the wrong price page, and could fax it to him. He could tell I was very upset, and told me he would "fight for me". He said he will call back first thing (I guess around 9, when he gets in) tomorrow a.m. He said he would have his supervisors listen to my voice mail - luckily, I put in all the facts : I wanted to switch from Legend to Dream - the price was much lower, itinerary and port better for us, we could get 2 balcony cabins for the price we paid for 1 on Legend- even gave him the cabin #'s we wanted in the voicemail and e-mail. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and let you know what happened once I find out!

I hope your PVP comes through for you! I'm in sort of the same boat. :mad: My old PVP left the company, and I got assigned a new one. Called last night (during his duty hours) to book the Dream and kept getting a recording. And of course now prices have gone up...Grrrrrrr. Still getting a recording. Dude gets another half an hour, then I'm talking to whoever answers the phone!

I had to wait for my pvp 1. because I already have a booking # for the Legend, and couldn't figure out how to switch the booking to the Dream online. (I guess I could have reserved the Dream, and canceled my other booking when my pvp called me back) 2. I needed to book adjoining balcony cabins, and couldn't figure out how to do it online 3. the website wouldn't let me book online this a.m. anyway- kept getting error message 4. Most important, in my book - loyalty to my pvp. We have a good relationship, and he works hard to get me what I need. He knows my dining times, where I like my cabins, etc. I wanted him to get "credit" for the new booking. Hope this explanation helps!

So...can I ask why people wait for a PVP when you can book on line so easily? Just trying to understand....

I actually tried to book online. Went through the entire booking process (several times) and then would get an error message on the payment screen. Eventually I gave up and figures I would leave it to my PVP.

I'm so jealous of those of you who get to sail her in 2009! I cannot wait and my kids are so excited about the water slides. We are DEFINITELY booking for summer 2010. Any idea when they will be taking bookings for May or June? Thanks.

I'm so jealous of those of you who get to sail her in 2009! I cannot wait and my kids are so excited about the water slides. We are DEFINITELY booking for summer 2010. Any idea when they will be taking bookings for May or June? Thanks.

It could be a while... they may release more dates soon, but they may not for several months. It's really just a wait and see. This is about as far as they usually put pricing out, but they do have a few itineraries out further... so who knows.

So...can I ask why people wait for a PVP when you can book on line so easily? Just trying to understand....

Customer Service.

Discounts.

Liaison to the OPC.

Takes care of our shareholder OBC every time we cruise.

The coup-de-gras was yesterday when the Dream opened for booking, our PVP called us and we got the best corner cabin and the big one in front of it right away for the inaugural cruise in Europe.

Without a PVP, I would have missed the boat, so to speak.

mom2girls ~ The picture below was taken from the Legend about, what....3 or 4 minutes after we went under the bridge on June 8th. Was that an awesome sight, or what? :):):)

I thought if you booked online you could always switch it to your PVP... do they not do that any longer? That would really stink to have to wait during sales, etc until your PVP was in...

I want to book her also, but was think of waiting for the storm to calm down. :D Besides I'm hoping we can still book Splendor in Jan. :o

If Dream is sailing year round out of Port Canaveral is some of the "locals" waiting for all the hap to calm down then you will book?

For us booking for 2010 is to early for us..

I thought if you booked online you could always switch it to your PVP... do they not do that any longer? That would really stink to have to wait during sales, etc until your PVP was in...

Yes, you can switch online to PVP. However, if you call 1-800-random Carnival rep, It cannot be switched to your PVP

I want to book her also, but was think of waiting for the storm to calm down. :D Besides I'm hoping we can still book Splendor in Jan. :o

If Dream is sailing year round out of Port Canaveral is some of the "locals" waiting for all the hap to calm down then you will book?

For us booking for 2010 is to early for us..

Yes, we'll wait awhile before we'll book her from Port Canaveral. We're already committed to the Miracle and Pride so we'll wait until later on down the road to book the Caribbean.

Yes, you can switch online to PVP. However, if you call 1-800-random Carnival rep, It cannot be switched to your PVP

Right... which is why I don't know why anyone would wait to talk to their PVP rather than booking online, and in this case, missing out on one heck of a deal :( I guess you live and learn...

Right... which is why I don't know why anyone would wait to talk to their PVP rather than booking online, and in this case, missing out on one heck of a deal :( I guess you live and learn...

Thanks for the sanity check. Good to know the policy hasn't changed. It is always good to grab a del when you see it ;)

Unfortunately, I did try to book it online (as I said earlier) and kept getting an error message. I figured that my pvp could cancel my old booking if push came to shove - after all, it is way over a year away. I tried to grab the deal! Oh well - I'll hear from my pvp sometime this a.m. Can't cry over spilt milk. Let's see what magic my pvp can perform!

He came thru with flying colors! He switched our 12/27/09 Legend booking to the Dream on 12/26/09, got us 2 adjoining 8D balcony cabins, all for $1400 LESS than the one 8E quad cabin we had on the Legend!! Carnival honored the "wrong" price I printed off yesterday a.m. - all I had to do was fax them my proof of the "wrong" price!! Woowhoo - I love my pvp!!

He came thru with flying colors! He switched our 12/27/09 Legend booking to the Dream on 12/26/09, got us 2 adjoining 8D balcony cabins, all for $1400 LESS than the one 8E quad cabin we had on the Legend!! Carnival honored the "wrong" price I printed off yesterday a.m. - all I had to do was fax them my proof of the "wrong" price!! Woowhoo - I love my pvp!!

FANTASTIC! Now all you have to do is fax that price list to everyone on CC :eek: Just Kidding:D

We started a Roll Call, so come on over.

Annette

Archived