Caribbean Princess 8\5 Review

Sandytoes

This was our second time on the CB.

This cruise was the closest we could ever get to the perfect vacation. We had a fabulous time. (even with my broken toes)

The service was superb. "THE BEST" we have ever received. Each and everyone crew member were extremely friendly. Always greeted us with a smile. This is one reason why I chose Princess over all the other cruise lines.

Our cabin Steward Saki was outstanding. I wanted to take him home.

As for the Entertainment - We have seen all the shows \ acts previously on other ships, even the same punch lines and same clothes. :eek: But still enjoyed.

There are so many choices to choose from it would be hard for someone to say their bored.

We are always impressed with the food. The CB gives you quite a variety to choose from.

Everything was delicious.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the watered down orange juice and liquor drinks. Tasted more like water than anything else.

Love Boat Dream dessert didn't come with the chocolate wafer :( like it use to.

The tiny King Crab legs looked more like toothpicks..

The chilled soups are to die for. All I can say is Yum!!!!

We chose anytime seating which is always a pleasure. On our first night we were given a table # for the entire cruise. The waiter made a comment to me which I did not think was appropriate. The next night I requested another head waiter. There wasn't any problem switching tables. We liked our head Waiter Jonathan and his assistant Randy that we simply made reservations for the entire length of cruise with them. Our table #79 was always waiting for us. We just walked right in and sat down. Extreme pleasure.

I have to tell you this was a first, I saw not just one person but the entire family - Mom, Dad, and two young teenagers wearing jeans in the dining room. :rolleyes:

Caribbean Princess is a beautiful ship and well maintained. Crew members are always working, cleaning windows, varnishing the wood, painting the deck. The only draw back during our cruise was the lack of one engine. Cutting our port times. But, it didn't spoil our cruise. Commodore Giuseppe Romano did an excellent job while we sailed through some nasty weather.

The overall experience was unforgettable, We are looking forward to cruising on the CB in the near future.

All I can say is Thank You Princess - I'm ready to book another cruise.

:)

Happy to hear you had a wonderful cruise!

Sorry to hear about your tiny crab legs. If you're referring to the ones served the night before the second formal night, our experience was just the opposite. I had the lamb chops, but my wife, daughter and son in law had what they said were the best crab legs ever on a Princess cruise. They were not like tooth picks by any means, but were quite meaty.

BTW, we didn't disembark the CB until August 6th. Did you get on the day before we got off? :rolleyes:

Lew

ThanKs sandytoes, glad you had a nice holiday... I'm afraid to ask, but I'm going to... what on earth did the waiter say to you? :eek:

I ate a very lite meal and wanted to try two desserts. When I told the waiter what I wanted he looked at me funny :rolleyes: and then said, "Two desserts?" I looked at him and said, "yes, two". He made a sarcastic face and said, "I guess two's all right, their low fat."

Love Boat and the NY cheesecake are not low fat. :cool:

good for you for requesting a table move. i never would have thought to ask, just wouldn't have returned to that dining room. you did the right thing--how will they know there's a problem if we don't speak up? well done and i'm glad you ended up with someone good.

I ate a very lite meal and wanted to try two desserts. When I told the waiter what I wanted he looked at me funny :rolleyes: and then said, "Two desserts?" I looked at him and said, "yes, two". He made a sarcastic face and said, "I guess two's all right, their low fat."

Love Boat and the NY cheesecake are not low fat. :cool:

Maybe his attempt at humor? LOL. :eek:

THanks for taking the time to write the review. Did you make out with the wheelchair OK? Were you able to get one?

Sandy - any chance you were able to get that license plate picture in Grand Turk?

Glad you had a great time.

Help me understand how the anytime dining worked. You said on the first night you were given a table number for the cruise. Had you requested the same time and table for the whole cruise on the first night? If so were you given restrictions as to what times you could do this for?

And did you have to go the exact same time then the whole cruise?

Did you see any comedy acts?

Glad you had a great trip. Looking forward to ours & appreciate your review.

Thank you for the review. I am really looking forward to our first Princess cruise in 2 weeks. On the Canada/New England Cruise I don't think we will experience the shortened port times as you did. We have had one port time changed already, but still have the same amount of time in that port.

Diane

Here's how we ended up with a set table/time for Anytime dining on the CB.

When we boarded the ship, we went to the Palm Dining Room at the designated time to meet with the Maitre'd. We explained that we prefer Traditional dining and that we'd like to switch from Anytime. He said no problem and that they would accommodate us.

Later that day, there was a note in our cabin showing an assigned table and time in the Palm Dining Room. The note also indicated that this would be for the duration of the cruise. On Coral Princess, when we made the same request, they actually switched us to the Traditional dining room (they would not accept standing reservations for the 7-8p slot). This time, they left us in the Anytime dining room, but gave us a set table and time so that we could just walk in each night. Worked out great. In our section, there were several other tables with standard reservations.

Maybe his attempt at humor? LOL. :eek:

more like a lack of humor :rolleyes:

THanks for taking the time to write the review. Did you make out with the wheelchair OK? Were you able to get one?

Sandy - any chance you were able to get that license plate picture in Grand Turk?

Glad you had a great time.

Getting a wheelchair was easy. Thankful Princess offers them to their passengers, otherwise I would have had a hard time getting around the ship.

As for the license plates. I took photos but weren't close enough, but First Time Cruiser 7/02 posted 4 photos on our Roll Call site.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15854296&postcount=581

Help me understand how the anytime dining worked. You said on the first night you were given a table number for the cruise. Had you requested the same time and table for the whole cruise on the first night? If so were you given restrictions as to what times you could do this for?

And did you have to go the exact same time then the whole cruise?

Did you see any comedy acts?

Glad you had a great trip. Looking forward to ours & appreciate your review.

On the first day, embarkment, my DH went to the Maitre d' to request a table for two for the entire cruise. He assigned us a table in the Palm Dining room.

On the second night I requested a different table.

Which we kept for the rest of the cruise.

When we entered the dining room the Maitre d' always said, "your table 79 is waiting for you" and we walked in.

You can reserve a table any time you like, there are not restrictions.

Reserving a table just makes it easier. No waiting on a line for a table.

Thanks for the review, Sandytoes!

I was on the CB on July 1 and I agree that was near perfect!

I was also on the Golden this month. They still make the Love Boat Dream dessert with the old recipe and the chocolate wafer!

Here are two pictures of the Love Boat

2005 CB Cruise

1494478315_LoveBoatDream2005CBCruise.jpg.80ecd3f3e7e792dec009ed5787208401.jpg

~

2008 CB Cruise

1033456434_LoveBoatDream2008CBcruise.jpg.1bef30c0713ec7ec1c5dd905a0c296cd.jpg

Major difference.

But still delicious :p

Does anyone know if Commodore Romano will be on the Caribbean Princess on Oct 5th. That's when we sail. Also, reading about engine problems with the ship. It that true?

Hi there - I haven't checked, just asking, but have you visited our Roll Call for the Oct 5th sailing?

Archived