Another reminder - Check-in online

DAllenTCY

For those who are new to this board, implementation of the new APIS guidelines has begun. You must have completed you imigration information at least 90 minutes before sailing.

Form the HAL website:

"For your convenience, and to expedite your embarkation, we encourage all our guests to check-in online. For the most accuracy onboard your ship, please try to submit these forms 30 days prior to your departure.

New U.S. government security regulations require us to submit certain guest information to law enforcement authorities at least 60 minutes prior to departure. To meet this requirement, we must have the necessary information in our records at least 90 minutes before departure. If we do not have your information by this deadline, you will be unable to sail. Guests are urged to complete the Online Check-in process before leaving home. Guests who wait to check in at the terminal risk being unable to sail even if they arrive at the terminal before the vessel leaves. You will be responsible for all costs you incur to join the vessel at the next port."

David

For those who are new to this board, implementation of the new APIS guidelines has begun. You must have completed you imigration information at least 90 minutes before sailing.

Form the HAL website:

"For your convenience, and to expedite your embarkation, we encourage all our guests to check-in online. For the most accuracy onboard your ship, please try to submit these forms 30 days prior to your departure.

New U.S. government security regulations require us to submit certain guest information to law enforcement authorities at least 60 minutes prior to departure. To meet this requirement, we must have the necessary information in our records at least 90 minutes before departure. If we do not have your information by this deadline, you will be unable to sail. Guests are urged to complete the Online Check-in process before leaving home. Guests who wait to check in at the terminal risk being unable to sail even if they arrive at the terminal before the vessel leaves. You will be responsible for all costs you incur to join the vessel at the next port."

David

More U. S. paranoia!:eek:

I was onboard a cruiseship on 9/11 and when I heard(?) All flts in the US were grounded the 2nd day, I said we had lost.:eek:

Was I wrong?:confused:

Checks of little old ladies picked for INTENsive search with no help for them to put the shoes back on, while dark-skined men in their 20-30's walk through? EVERYone taking off shoes, as 1 person had a firecracker in the heel of his shoe?

More U. S. paranoia!:eek:

I was onboard a cruiseship on 9/11 and when I heard(?) All flts in the US were grounded the 2nd day, I said we had lost.:eek:

Was I wrong?:confused:

Checks of little old ladies picked for INTENsive search with no help for them to put the shoes back on, while dark-skined men in their 20-30's walk through? EVERYone taking off shoes, as 1 person had a firecracker in the heel of his shoe?

We have some little old ladies who wreak havoc on here, so who knows what they could get up to. Trust no one!!! :D :D :D

Thank you for the reminder. I sail in 3 weeks and my sister hasn't completed her forms yet. She hasn't been at home much, because she has been extremely busy taking care of my uncle who has terminal cancer. Hospice has been very supportive.

Am I correct in thinking that you can only do this after final payment? I haven't found a place on the website where I can do that yet. I don't sail until next summer.

Yes....that is true....you can not do it until final payment.....I have to wait it out too :D

Am I correct in thinking that you can only do this after final payment? I haven't found a place on the website where I can do that yet. I don't sail until next summer.

You can complete online check-in information anytime after you have your booking number, but you will not be able to print out your boarding pass until final payment is made.

Here is the link for online checkin.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/OnlineCheckIn.action

Enjoy your cruise!!

Could it just be that HAL's pressure to complete these forms online might just be motivated by the savings they are reaping by having fewer folks manning the laptops at check-in?

Ya think? ;)

I know the pressure is still there even when the US Immigration rules don't come into play.

Could it just be that HAL's pressure to complete these forms online might just be motivated by the savings they are reaping by having fewer folks manning the laptops at check-in?

No, I don't think so. When we checked in for our Maasdam cruises several weeks ago, there was a long counter with just as many check-in persons as they have always had. MANY of them.

We have done this cruise every summer for years and I absolutely would have noticed if the staffing was down. It was Not.

They did a very smooth, efficient job and check in was wonderful.

I printed out everything back in July for our November cruises.

Final payment isn't until next week for our cruises.

I suspect the process may have changed quite recently.

When I bring up our online checkin page, there is a clear, in red type, indication that printing cannot be done til after final payment ... but I did not notice that til a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect the process may have changed quite recently.

When I bring up our online checkin page, there is a clear, in red type, indication that printing cannot be done til after final payment ... but I did not notice that til a couple of weeks ago.

Then it must be recent.

Thank you.

Glad my are done and out of the way.

As organized as I am, and I am, I had my printed out on line forms with me for the three day Eurodam cruise and was shocked when I saw that page two for my husband and myself had not been printed out. That's the page with the contact information in case of emergency.(It's not at home either...I checked). I don't know if it was my error and I should have printed two pages and only printed one, or if it just didn't print. Bottom line, I didn't have it. We were helped at the pier to put in the information they needed, but they never took any emergency contacts. Luckily, for such a short cruise it wasn't necessary. So, just be sure that when you print out your forms, you print out both pages.

There were loads of people helping with check in and it went very quickly.

No, I don't think so. When we checked in for our Maasdam cruises several weeks ago, there was a long counter with just as many check-in persons as they have always had. MANY of them.

We have done this cruise every summer for years and I absolutely would have noticed if the staffing was down. It was Not.

They did a very smooth, efficient job and check in was wonderful.

Ditto! We walked right up to the Suites check in (after greeting Sail & her spouse at the metal detector, lol!) and the regular line had nobody in it!

A very good job done by Montreal pier staff!

Just remember - filling out the online docs and getting the "signature boarding pass" does not really "qualify" one for anything else. :) One man behind us seemed to think it allowed him to jump the line and the metal detectors, lol!!!

As organized as I am, and I am, I had my printed out on line forms with me for the three day Eurodam cruise and was shocked when I saw that page two for my husband and myself had not been printed out. That's the page with the contact information in case of emergency.(It's not at home either...I checked). I don't know if it was my error and I should have printed two pages and only printed one, or if it just didn't print. Bottom line, I didn't have it. We were helped at the pier to put in the information they needed, but they never took any emergency contacts. Luckily, for such a short cruise it wasn't necessary. So, just be sure that when you print out your forms, you print out both pages.

There were loads of people helping with check in and it went very quickly.

I printed ours and there is only one page. I don't think the emergency data prints out.

Does anyone else get 2 pages?

Ditto! We walked right up to the Suites check in (after greeting Sail & her spouse at the metal detector, lol!) and the regular line had nobody in it!

A very good job done by Montreal pier staff!

Just remember - filling out the online docs and getting the "signature boarding pass" does not really "qualify" one for anything else. :) One man behind us seemed to think it allowed him to jump the line and the metal detectors, lol!!!

That was such a hoot meeting up at the metal detector. We were returning from lunch and a walk around Montreal and there you both were!~!!

I remember the 'gent' who thought he should be ahead of the rest of us. :D :D

That was such a hoot meeting up at the metal detector. We were returning from lunch and a walk around Montreal and there you both were!~!!

I remember the 'gent' who thought he should be ahead of the rest of us. :D :D

It was just too coincidental, wasn't it? We saw the same guy at Quincy Market the day after we disembarked too, lol. Never saw him onboard though - not that I recall.

I printed ours and there is only one page. I don't think the emergency data prints out.

Does anyone else get 2 pages?

Can anyone answer this question since they really asked us for both pages at the check in counter , and when we didn't have page 2, they supplied a blank page 2 for each of us to fill out and sign our names and cabin number and sailing date.

This notice came down from Homeland Security a few months ago, what HAL states is almost exactly what DHS said.

Archived