Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

on my last cruise LOS 09/20-09/27 there was standing room only for the loyalty ambassador and the appointment book was filled. i for one did not know of the new RULES and gave a $100.oo deposit for the next cruise option. i am a shareholder and now a fool. from now on i shall be loyal to myself first. cruise prices are plummeting and it may pay to wait for last minute rather than tying up deposits. of course i can do this as i live in fl and do not need airfare.

You are not a fool when something gets pulled over on you once, only when you let them get you again.

Just recieved word that my OBC for Nov 09 has been applied along with my Future Booking Credit, also recieved the following Statement.

**Please note** For new bookings made on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two onboard credits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

Just recieved word that my OBC for Nov 09 has been applied along with my Future Booking Credit, also recieved the following Statement.

**Please note** For new bookings made on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two onboard credits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Hope this helps to clear things up.

ok, I am confused. If it is COMBINABLE with something, why would you have to choose one or the other?:confused: I read the first statement as meaning I could still combine my Next Cruise (that is a Future Cruise certificate in my opinion) & Stickholder. NOW is what they mean that the combinable ones would be for anything OTHER than OBC? Like the balcony discount or if I have a Future Cruise $50 off the COST? I hate to be thick about this.....

Count me as confused now too... according to that email you can get OBC from stock AND a next cruise booking...and it doesn't say anything about not being able to use a C&A coupon like some had said before cound not be combined...

Count me as confused now too... according to that email you can get OBC from stock AND a next cruise booking...and it doesn't say anything about not being able to use a C&A coupon like some had said before cound not be combined...

That's the way I'm reading it too and now I'm confused. I thought we couldn't add stockholder credit to an NCC? :confused:

That's the way I read it also.:confused: I think the best thing to do is just call rcl direct and ask them when you're ready to cruise

That's the way I read it also.:confused: I think the best thing to do is just call rcl direct and ask them when you're ready to cruise

I am not sure you are going to get any better information from the reps, talk to 10 different reps and you get 10 different answers!

Well I guess we will have to wait until AFTER October 15th when someone can come back after making a reservation using a Next Cruise certificate and then put in for the Stockholder credit and get IT applied also. I was thinking that I did not have to bother booinganother cruise while on my November one, but now who knows!!!:confused:

I don't have a next cruise booking to worry about, but I was hoping there might be a C&A coupon for my Enchantment cruise next year... guess if it means giving up my $50 OBC for owning stock over saving $100 or so off my cabin I'll go with the coupon...

I think that FCC's are future cruise credits that are given to people when they have a problem on a ship as a goodwill gesture from RCCL. Those are not the same as Next Cruise Certificates. I think that is why people are confused about the wording. As you notice in the above post no where do they actually state "Next Cruise Certificates". I think they fall under the category of "promotions and offers that include onboard credit". Just my thoughts.

I think that FCC's are future cruise credits that are given to people when they have a problem on a ship as a goodwill gesture from RCCL. Those are not the same as Next Cruise Certificates. I think that is why people are confused about the wording. As you notice in the above post no where do they actually state "Next Cruise Certificates". I think they fall under the category of "promotions and offers that include onboard credit". Just my thoughts.

that makes sense

I think that FCC's are future cruise credits that are given to people when they have a problem on a ship as a goodwill gesture from RCCL. Those are not the same as Next Cruise Certificates. I

So maybe if we complain when our Next Cruise Credit is denied they will award us a Future Cruise Credit as a goodwill gesture? ;) :D

Just got off the Mariner yesterday and bought two Next Cruise coupons the first day we were onboard. I thought I was being so smart, now I'm just confused. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador about the "rumor" (that has now become fact) and as you can imagine, he knew nothing about it. So, do y'all think I've got to book two cruises before the 15th?

I think that FCC's are future cruise credits that are given to people when they have a problem on a ship as a goodwill gesture from RCCL. Those are not the same as Next Cruise Certificates. I think that is why people are confused about the wording.

You must be right on this. "Next Cruise Certificates" must be something entirely different from Next Cruise Credits.

It is my understanding that they will not combine ANYTHING! including OBC's earned by using the RCL VISA card and C&A savings certificates. I recently dropped $200 for a "next cruise" certificate. It was useless because I own stock in RCL, much more than the minimum requirement. You can use only one, not both. I'm upset because we booked cruises last year that included onboard credits. Now, I'm told one or the other, make a choice! :(

Just spoke with the D+ desk today and they said :

You can have an onboard credit from booking onboard OR a stockholder onboard credit OR a C&A coupon from any source published such as the Crown And Anchor booklet...... any one of these can be used with a plat- D balcony discount and RCCL credit card onboard credit and a travel agent onboard credit. She said that the Next Cruise Certificate after 14 Oct will apply as any other booking meaning the the credit that is the largest will apply.

Definitely no on board booking for us either. I'll go with stock OBC or C&A discount coupons. They might as well find a new position for the loyalty ambassadors. Might I suggest restroom cleaners.

I think you are on to something. Loyalty ambassadors are being driven out and this is just one more nail in their coffin. I sure won't be booking any more "next cruises" on board and will opt for my shareholders credit while waiting to book last minute bargains from now on.

I spoke with one LA who had just given his 2 weeks notice to RCI and he said their "target" in sales has been raised so high while becoming increasingly difficult to make sales due to the "next cruise" program which isn't credited towards their target in sales. They also don't make a comparable commission on next cruises as they would for a real booking.

Now with no OBC for those who have opted to hold onto RCI stock as it sinks - no pun intended - the LAs can kiss all our on board bookings good bye. Why should we hand over $200 (or $100 if done right) for them to use if they aren't going to honor both of the benefits of on board booking and being a shareholder?

I realize they need to make money. But sometimes they make even less by taking away the booking incentives.

They are also eliminating the chocolate on your pillow as supplies are exhausted. And the version 12 C&A coupon on board booklets no longer give a free picture or ANY portrait discount for that matter.

It's sort of sad about what is suddenly happening. :(

Okay, I'm not going to sell my RCI stock because we can use it on Celebrity and Azamara. Today It's down to $17+ so I'm thinking of buying more shares and then selling my original overpriced shares, thus taking a loss. Can I do that legally???:confused:

Okay, I'm not going to sell my RCI stock because we can use it on Celebrity and Azamara. Today It's down to $17+ so I'm thinking of buying more shares and then selling my original overpriced shares, thus taking a loss. Can I do that legally???:confused:

Yes, I believe so. The first shares bought are the first shares sold. You better ask your tax preparer to be sure.

Gina

yes... why not? 2 separate transactions both of which are perfectly legal.

However, doing this will incur two brokerage fees, and you will still own the same stock... I don't see any benefit other than to offset some other capital gain. (I am not a CPA nor do I play one a cruise critic) Seriously, that makes no sense to me.

jc

Archived