Any perks to a Junior Suite?

JBert

Well you get 2 cruise credits with a junior suite and it has(on most ships anyway) a wonderful walk in closet. You don't get access to concierege lounge though. But we always book JS, they are just so comfortable and if you book far enough out not that much more than a D1. Enjoy

I've only been in one JS (an aft on Grandeur) and it was worth the money ... but then again, it was only $50/pp over the price of a balcony. Many of the JS prices I see listed are many hundreds or thousands more ... not worth it to me, but different strokes for different folks.

I sailed in a JS on my very first cruise and it spoiled me for life! Since then, I have always booked a JS or a GS (depending on cost). I actually like the JS better than the GS if you can believe it?? :rolleyes:

I don't spend a ton of time in my cabin - but I do spend a fair amount, and I want space. The JS gives you lots of space, so depending on how many are sharing the cabin, you won't be tripping over eachother. Cabin space is important to me, and so is the tub in the JS - makes leg shaving SO much easier! :p

I say if you can swing a JS money wise - go for it!

I totally think a JS is worth it! It is basically a small hotel room. My daughter's first cruise she informed us that she was going to sleep in the closet, I think she actually did take a nap in there! Plus getting the extra cruise credit is a bonus. Our family won't book anything less. If you think the price seems high, just check your sailing regularly, it may go down before departure.

Do you think its worth the extra money?

Well that depends....lol. I upgraded for $1,000 on Indy, which some people would think I was crazy for doing it. But we need the extra space.

Now on Oasis, the same upgrade would cost over $2,500...and I have no problem squeezing us into a D1 balcony to save $2,500 :D

I do like the VIP embarkation. And 2 cruise credits gets me to diamond faster. :)

we've had a JS on all but one cruise....that was a 5 nighter on Explorer.....we love our space, and tend to spend lots of time in the cabin on our balcony.

mom and i love the extra room.....it's worth the money to us. we'd love to try a GS, but since they tend to put them UNDER the pool/solarium/WJ, whatever, we may skip it.......

You have to balance the value of extras against the cost to upgrade.

On some sailings, the cost to upgrade from a "top tier" balcony stateroom to a JS can be several hundred dollars (if not more) per person. But for some sailings, the cost difference can be nominal. For my sailing, it was a mere $100 p/p to upgrade from a D1 to a JS. That was a no-brainer since a JS is nearly twice the size with a full size bathroom, which are most important to us. The two C&A Credits are nice, and so is VIP embarkation. Anything over $300 p/p, I would have had to give to upgrade a lot of thought. Your cost threshold may be different than mine.

I think you also have to consider the iteneray of the ship. In the Med we rarely went outside on the balcony (we were too tired from all the excursions). On the transatlantic it was a must, also on the Panama Canal. So......sometimes it is yes and sometimes it is no.

too me it is worth the cost for the bathroom. I have been using JS cabins on other lines and would never downsize again. I love taking a bath to relax after running all day. plus the idea of having more room jsut works for me.

I sailed in a JS on my very first cruise and it spoiled me for life! Since then, I have always booked a JS or a GS (depending on cost). I actually like the JS better than the GS if you can believe it?? :rolleyes:

I don't spend a ton of time in my cabin - but I do spend a fair amount, and I want space. The JS gives you lots of space, so depending on how many are sharing the cabin, you won't be tripping over eachother. Cabin space is important to me, and so is the tub in the JS - makes leg shaving SO much easier! :p

I say if you can swing a JS money wise - go for it!

I agree with everything above, EXCEPT for the leg shaving. Leave that to my wife.

A JS or above is more like staying in a normal hotel room which we prefer. We have stayed in a GS 3 times, and really do not need that much room for the 2 of us. A JS is just right.

A lot of people above have mentioned that you get VIP embarkation with a JS. Please be aware that you do NOT get VIP embarkation in all ports or with all ships. They were very clear in May in Seattle that junior suites did not qualify for priority boarding.

A lot of people above have mentioned that you get VIP embarkation with a JS. Please be aware that you do NOT get VIP embarkation in all ports or with all ships. They were very clear in May in Seattle that junior suites did not qualify for priority boarding.

Ooops, yep. I meant to add that too. :)

Do you get robes for JS?

Thanx,

Erika

If you are Platinum or Diamond, yes for sure...otherwise you can ask for them and more often than not the cabin steward will bring them...

I book a JS every chance I get...on our upcoming Enchantment cruise it was only $60pp difference, well worth it for the extra room

On Voyager class ships, the JS is about 1 and a half times the size of a D1. To me, that extra space is worth the extra money. So far, the price difference hasn't been bad, but if it were $1k, I wouldn't pay it.

The one disadvantage to me, and it's a big advantage to others, is I never take a bath, only showers. It is difficult for me, with 2 artificial knees, to get into the tub to take a shower. The side is quite high and not easy at all.

The extra credit for a JS sure helps in getting to Diamond. I love the huge closet. We have enough room for our clothes, our suitcases and even a fold down hamper. It's our favorite cabin type.

I don't want to highjack this thread, but a quick JS related question.. If I book a JS on a 12 night cruise, would I get 4 cruise credits (2 for JS and 2 for a 10+ nighter) or do they limit the amount of credits you can get per cruise? Thanks..

I don't want to highjack this thread, but a quick JS related question.. If I book a JS on a 12 night cruise, would I get 4 cruise credits (2 for JS and 2 for a 10+ nighter) or do they limit the amount of credits you can get per cruise? Thanks..

You'd get 3 cruise credits.

1 for the cruise

1 for the JS

1 for sailing on a cruise of 12 nt. or longer.

Archived