WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

How quickly things change.

On our February Eclipse sailing, captain Manetas was having lunch in the Oceanview Cafe with Captain Sympouras and Captain Alevropoulos.

Captain Manteas was leaving on vacation and his replacement was Michael Sympouras (from infinity) who would then switch with Captain Alevropoulos (from Silhouette). Captain Manteas would go to Solstice in June.

In November Captain Leo was suddenly at the helm of Equinox having replaced Captain Panos who I understand is no longer with Celebrity. He told us that Equinox was now "his" ship.

A week ago I said: "This is the "roster" but sometimes, when one blinks, it changes." ;)

Do you know where Captain Panos went? Retired, another line...he is/was our favorite Captain!!

BRAND NEW to Celebrity going to Constellation? When does this change take effect? Thank you! Is Capt. Tasos still on vacation?

Marie[/Tasos goes on vacation on May 6th. He will go to Solstice after his vacation and his slot on Constellation will be filled by a newly promoted Captain who has yet to be named.

Newly promoted captain on Constellation - Does this mean it'll be someone already with Celebrity? Does anyone know yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any recent updates of staff on Celebrity ships?

The only one I am interested in which I have noticed recently is contained in this thread (post no 1) which has Alejandro back as CD on the Equinox on the current TA.

We so much enjoyed having him as CD on our B2B Constellation cruises last summer. I would never have believed I would be interested in who the staff were, but I would be delighted to see Alejandro's antics again :)

Just back from the Summit and here is the "lineup":

Master: Kate McCue

Chief Engineer: Andreas Zofos

Staff Captain: Theodoros Agkas

Guest Relations Manager: Roy Avidor

Hotel Director: Mark McSorley

Cruise Director: John Grantham

Food & Beverage Manager: Cemal Ozcelik

Exec Chef: Wayne Tapscott

Captains Club: Emma (only two cruises left until she moves, Ashley will replace her)

Acoustic Duo: Passion Duo

Vocal/Piano: Peter Rosstti

Vocal/Guitar: Pete Henry

Band: Groovity

Captains Club: Emma (only two cruises left until she moves, Ashley will replace her)

Is Emma going back to the Eclipse?

We will be on the summit in august so this list might change. Any information regarding host/hostess in michaels club?

Newly promoted captain on Constellation - Does this mean it'll be someone already with Celebrity? Does anyone know yet?

A Celebrity first? An Italian Master? Captain Vito, a new promotion.

Captain Panos sadly is no longer with Celebrity.

For some reason my upgrade to MS 10 did not include MS Paint and I can't format my chart.

Silhouette:

Mark Tomley is the new F&B Manager,

Rossy is the new Captain's Club Host

Captain DIMITRIOS KAFETZIS is in countdown mode to his vacation.

E Alevropoulos is not going to Eclipse as announced in February but moving to Miami.

Captain Leo who told us in November that Equinox is his ship now, is moving to Eclipse to take E Alevropoulos posting.

Edited by Arno.

Thank you Arno!

I never really gave this much thought until I started reading your posts. Quick question for those with experience and knowledge. We are sailing on the Equinox, departing Istanbul on September 7th. How long is the Cruise Director's assignment? Alejandro is the current Cruise Director. In the past, we have sailed with Paul Baya. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

I don't understand the changes row....for example on the Eclipse, was Capt Leo replaced by M. Sympouras, is he replacing him at some (unknown) time?

Michael Sympouras just took over from Captain Manetas. Captain Alevropoulis was to move to Eclipse on the new rotation in May/June but was suddenly reassigned to Miami (port Captain ?). Captain Leo will now move to Eclipse even though in November, when he unexpectedly replaced captain Panos, he stated that Equinox was now "his" ship. Changes are now faster than I have ever seen.