WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

g

Why no future cruising plans? Have you moved on to a different line?

Hi Norma:

We have now sailed 175 times with Celebrity.

We miss the Filipino dance bands, we miss the "old" activities, we are underwhelmed by the entertainment, and the food is too repetitive.. if this is day one it must be...

Now if the deal is right and the weather at home is miserable... we'll be back enjoying the warmth of the Caribbean.

Oh, and then its the joy of flying and security...

And our daughter gave us a boxer to keep us smiling at home..

Ceara_zpslmgforho.jpg

We have not been cruising for a while and with no concrete plans to do so, I have been waiting for others to post staff changes. Thank you for the last few posts, they are rare indeed.

For July, names in blue have been spotted in the last month, names in white are based on old posts.

If anyone has the name of production shows for any ship, please post; they are unlikely to change unless Celebrity actually pays attention to Cruise Critic critiques and reviews. ;)

Arno,

Just off Reflection, few corrections:

Cruise Director: Ben Powney

Executive Chef: Michael Fernandes

Tnx,

Mike

Hi Norma:

We have now sailed 175 times with Celebrity.

We miss the Filipino dance bands, we miss the "old" activities, we are underwhelmed by the entertainment, and the food is too repetitive.. if this is day one it must be...

Arno,

If it's day one, it's "Mama's" pork chops! :D

Since Celebrity has pretty much abandoned the West Coast, I have started sailing with Princess. I must, say, I've been pleasantly surprised. I actually think the food in the MDR is a bit better, and the buffet is a lot better, with a wider variety. There are some pros and cons, but all in all, I have been very pleased.

If nothing has changed since my May cruise on the Millennium, Capt. George is scheduled to go on vacation and Capt., Nickolas will be replacing him, on July 22.

Thanks Arno for all your hard work on this chart and enjoy your cute puppy!

Pat

Arno, that puppy would keep me home. I am also a long time X cruiser. My cruise in May was not that great. I will cruise on the Solstice to Alaska in August but after that I am enjoying Oceania`s two larger ships. Cheers, Heather

Arno, say it isn't so!!! Enjoyed sailing with both of you in the past. Hopefully, when the weather turns in January, you will rethink your choice. I do understand how you feel about X.

Not sure what they are thinking these days. I believe they are more concerned with getting new to X passengers on board who do not know what it was like. Maybe Royal for a change of pace?? The main thing is that both of you keep well and be ready to jump on a deal should it come along.

I am finding less and less posts from the "old timers" and many more newbies!! Have a great summer and enjoy the new addition to your family!

This was the staffing on Equinox when we disembarked on 18 June:

Hotel Director: Niina Hautaniemi

CD: unchanged - Alejandro

GRM: Christian Bell

F&B: unchanged - Vlado Momiroski

Exec Chef: Javier De Jesus

Sorry don't know about the CC host or Michael's Club

House Band: Take Five

Duo: Jess & Kenton

DJ: Constantine

String Duo: Sea Breeze

also featured were Kathleen and the Saints and David Posso, acoustic guitar and vocals

In our week's cruise we saw Life and Elysium

Love the photo of your dog :)

Sue Denning is a fabulous CD. One of the most visible Cruise Directors we have cruised with on any line. We love that she comes to the Sky Bar so many evenings and she always seems to be waiting at the ramp to welcome us home after one of those marathon tours. It's always a treat to be on a cruise with Sue.

Arno, say it isn't so!!! Enjoyed sailing with both of you in the past. Hopefully, when the weather turns in January, you will rethink your choice. I do understand how you feel about X.

Not sure what they are thinking these days. I believe they are more concerned with getting new to X passengers on board who do not know what it was like. Maybe Royal for a change of pace?? The main thing is that both of you keep well and be ready to jump on a deal should it come along.

I am finding less and less posts from the "old timers" and many more newbies!! Have a great summer and enjoy the new addition to your family!

We are of the same thought. We have been trying other lines too. I liked X when they had intelligent speakers and activities other than trivia and knot tying. The food was better. Now you never see a lobster unless you go to a specialty restaurant and even those aren't that good anymore. The staff is still great, I just hope that moral stays up. Without a good staff, it is "why bother"!

We are of the same thought. We have been trying other lines too. I liked X when they had intelligent speakers and activities other than trivia and knot tying. The food was better. Now you never see a lobster unless you go to a specialty restaurant and even those aren't that good anymore. The staff is still great, I just hope that moral stays up. Without a good staff, it is "why bother"!

Why do X cruisers think RCI is any different and vice versa? We don't eat lobster, but all you have to do is check out the RCI board and you'll see the exact same complaints as on here.

Equinox, as of July 9th.

Master: Dimitrios Manetas

Engineer: Evangelos Salliaris

Staff Capt. :Theocharis Chalampos

G.R. Mgr: Ana Hura

H.D. Niina Hautaniemi

C.D. Alejandro

Food and Bev. : Vladu Momiroski

Ex. Ref; Javier de Jesus

Captain's Club Hostess: Maria Tudor

Michael's Club Con. Manuela Becker

Edited by Texed

Texed or anyone else, do you know where Jamie Petts went or if he is on vacation and returning to Equinox? He was our Hotel Director in April and May on Equinox.

Sorry, I do not have any info on that.

That's great. Hope they are still/back on board by the time we sail.

Manetas said he would be back on board for the holiday sailings after his break. :)

Edited by Texed

So disappointed Capt. Manetas has moved from the Eclipse. Will never be the same:mad: Knew him as a junior officer on the Connie and were so delighted when he moved to the Eclipse.

Oh well, Celebrity seems to like moving the staff around lately.

Why do X cruisers think RCI is any different and vice versa? We don't eat lobster, but all you have to do is check out the RCI board and you'll see the exact same complaints as on here.

You are right....same complaints all over!

Doesn't matter to us. We still enjoy our cruises.