Half Moon Cay -- Nude Sunbathing??

JeffCoud

Ok....maybe this is a bit controversial, but is there a nude sunbathing section of beach at Half Moon Cay? Not that it's a requirement for me, but I do hate having a tan line. Anywhere obscure on HMC where I can go wander and not get arrested lol? Anyhow, if someone knows let me know!

Jeff

Ok....maybe this is a bit controversial, but is there a nude sunbathing section of beach at Half Moon Cay? Not that it's a requirement for me, but I do hate having a tan line. Anywhere obscure on HMC where I can go wander and not get arrested lol? Anyhow, if someone knows let me know!

Jeff

:D :D :D

Jeff, WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY. HMC is large enough that one could probably go for a long walk and find a place away from the center of "town" to shed the "duds". As for getting arrested, I don't recall seeing a "lock up" at HMC.

Good Luck ! I hope you find the perfect place.

Hey! A new controversy! Congratulations, we haven't had one of those in a long time.

As far a nude sunbathing goes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you seen the typical HAL cruiser? Remember, if you can go nude everybody can go nude.

Yikes.

Well, I found a spot where I could be nude on a HAL Caribbean cruise on the Zui. It's not advertised as such and you do need a special pass to get there, but it's available for everybody. The CD can help you if you ask discreetly (don't blare it out in public is what I mean). See my "edit" tag for small-print info.

Ruth - you are too funny. That reminds me of a time when I was at a hot springs and there was this rather large women. She bent over to climb out of the spring and .... let's just say that it is an image that has stayed with me forever.:eek:

So...if there is no nude sun bathing, then how did Half Moon get its name?:D

Ruth - you are too funny. That reminds me of a time when I was at a hot springs and there was this rather large women. She bent over to climb out of the spring and .... let's just say that it is an image that has stayed with me forever.:eek:

So...if there is no nude sun bathing, then how did Half Moon get its name?:D

Judy, don't quote me, but I think in the early days of HAL there was a small sailing ship named "Haelve Mein". I will look it up on The Unnoficial HAL web site, to see if I am correct. Some of HAL's ships have a "Haelve Mein" - (see HAL's deck plans of the Statendam - room is listed as Half Moom) room which is a room used for meetings by groups and private parties. We attended a VIP party in there once. I may have gotten the spelling incorrect. Just checked the site and it is "under construction".

Host Doug may know the answer to this.

Jeff - just don't fall asleep down in your secluded spot, have someone steal your clothes, and then miss the last tender back to the ship. :D That would be a catastrophe. :p Happened to cousins in Hawaii :eek:

Last cruise DH and I walked to the far end of the beach for privacy and snorkeling. After my husband was in the water another couple joined me on the beach. The man asked me how the snorkeling was...... I told him my husband seemed to be enjoying it. He then proceeded to strip and swim. As if that wasn't bad enough, he insisted on talking to me when he came out! I was lying on the beach and he was standing over me. Get the visual???? Needless to say I think that I have been traumatized for life and that HAL should either pay my psychologists bills or allow me to cruise for free in the future!

I guess what I am saying is that there are very few people I would feel comfortable talking to when they were nude! So please enjoy yourself, but not with me.

As far a nude sunbathing goes:

Have you seen the typical HAL cruiser? Remember, if you can go nude everybody can go nude.

Yikes.

I thought a speedo was bad! Image be gone! Image be gone!

Spent four years in Denmark (80-84). Nude beaches were the exception, although not hard to find, topless was the norm.

With the good and bad, you also get the ugly, and with youth you get old age.

The funny part was that most folks arrive fully dressed and change right on the beach.

Not polite to watch someone take their clothes off, OK to look after the clothes are all off. :eek:

Go figure.

George

• 6 years later...

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

If it feels good and it doesn't hurt anyone? do it. I know where you are coming from. And most people seem to have a prudist outlook on it. It's all about the feeling one gets. Something they won't ever know about. Let me know what you find out? I will be there in Nov. 2011. Heads up to all you Prudist!

If you want to know the law, here it is for the Bahamas:

Nuisances and Obstructions in the Streets, and the Like

"212. Every person who does any of the following acts shall, in every case, be liable to a penalty of one hundred and fifty dollars, that is to say, every person who-...

12)wilfully and indecently exposes his person in any public place or within view thereof, or in any place with intent to insult any female;"

I guess that means as long as there are no women around, it's OK to expose oneself in the Bahamas.

Hey Jeff,

If it feels good and it doesn't hurt anyone? do it. I know where you are coming from. And most people seem to have a prudist outlook on it. It's all about the feeling one gets. Something they won't ever know about. Let me know what you find out? I will be there in Nov. 2011. Heads up to all you Prudist!

Are you aware that this thread is nearly 7 years old?

Doubt if Jeff will answer you.

Archived