Denied boarding due to common cold?

justagrl

It may be common now but it has not been in the past, my last cruise was two years ago, which was Princess and including that one I have never been asked to fill out such a form.

quote]

I'm suprised at that. My last Princess cruise was 3 years ago (Emerald) and I certainly had to fill out a form.

Another good reason to get insurance. Never know when you might get sick and can't go. I'll cross my fingers prior to and during my next cruise.

I did have to fill out a questionaire on my last 2 cruises on 2 different cruise lines.

Have also heard that once on board if you have to go to the ship's doctor for a minor stomach or some other condition, there is a chance of being confined to your cabin for a period of time. Yikes! Of course if it's truly necessary, I can understand that. I just know I want to stay HEALTHY before & during and if I get sick after, I will deal with it then.

i ALWAYS pray and cross my fingersXX that my allergies dont start (have year round) cos my sneezing can get ridiculous.

one year i thought i had pink-eye developing so i got something right away for it...turned out it was just my allergies again.

i dont like anyone to think i am SICK when its just allergies:eek:i feel like i have to wear a sign sometimes so people know!

• 6 years later...

Just lie on the health form. The worst thing is in when someone on the coach you took to the cruise terminal grasses on you to the staff at check in. The staff in the shop also track the purchases you make onboard of health related products so take anti cold and whatever medication with you. You don't need a script for it.

Edited by ace2542

Just lie on the health form. The worst thing is in when someone on the coach you took to the cruise terminal grasses on you to the staff. The staff in the shop also track the purchases you make onboard of health related products so take anti cold and whatever medication with you. You don't need a script for it.

I think the OP's hubby is over his cold by now. This thread was started in 2008!

I have never seen anyone tossed off a ship mid cruise if they came down with a cold and bought some cold medicine in the onboard shops.

The first day of our cruise it was very obvious the person in the balcony cabin beside us was ill. Terrible cough.

Eventually, our friends in the cabin on the other side of the woman coughing also caught it...my husband caught it ten days into the cruise and has been ill for 4 weeks and had to take four lots of antiobiotics. I eventually caught it and have been ill for 14 days. It is not a cold it is a bad virus infection this person had.

So our cruise stated on the 6th March finished on 27th March and here it is the 29th April and I am still sick and my husband is barely over it.

We all had to fill in forms re our health as we boarded and this person lied.

I would now have no problem in immediately reporting this person to the Pursor's office.

"IT IS JUST NOT FAIR TO OTHER PASSENGERS". This woman and her husband should not have taken the cruise.

Very, very selfish.

Antibiotics do not help with a virus.

I think the OP's hubby is over his cold by now. This thread was started in 2008!

I have never seen anyone tossed off a ship mid cruise if they came down with a cold and bought some cold medicine in the onboard shops.

Well I have one now, should be over it by the weekend we go away in a couple of weeks my father might get it. We are gonna lie if he does. If a cruise company refuses you for health reasons beyond your control they should refund the money end of story.

The health questionaire is concerned about noro like virus symptoms. tthey c annot and will not refys e boaridgg to people with a cold. Did you fly to your cruuise or fly home ffrom it? Colds a re contagious and being anywhere in public can expose one to contagion. It is very common for colds to be spread on airplanes.. Sorrry to hear you and your DH caught colds. Hope you feel better soon.