LIVE From The Eurodam 2WK Holiday Cruise ...Brought To You By LAFFNVEGAS

LAFFNVEGAS

I noticed packages like that in a small store in St. Maarten last week. What was wonderful is that the product sold there is the European version which is said to be better than that sold in U.S.

That little shop only had a few Lancaster products but what they had was very well chosen.

I'm still hopin that Holland America still sells Lancaster sun products. All products are made in Monaco- but more expensive here in the US and still expensive in the Duty Free stores. Just one tube of sun tan lotion is usually about $28- $35, where the ship sold a box of two suntan lotions and one after tan lotion for under Twenty Dollars. Hopefully, they are till sold as a trio. Anybody recall seeing Lancaster products where the suntan lotions would be sold?

John "In Concert" was the first Formal night Sunday, Wednesday was "Nightlife" and tomorrow night will be "Dream Park"

As for the Lido Pool Cabanas would you believe I honestly have no idea. Other than the very first day I have not gone any where near the Lido Pool. We spend a lot of time in our cabin :o There just has not been enough time I will say that I am sure no one has used the other Cabanas in the retreat area with this weather and high winds. I know that when we had our CC Meet an Greet in the Silk Den on Sunday they were attempting to repair them from what the winds were doing to them. By now they could be ripped apart :eek:

We had a Retreat Cabana that day (actually the whole week) and it held up just fine. Our cabana attendants simply closed and tied down one fo the flaps and we were in heaven!

Btw, it was nice meeting you!

Friday December 19,2008

But there is one area of the ship that yes I will not give a raving review about. It is not that it is terrible it is just not the level of the rest of the Eurodam and that is….The Pinnacle. We had one dinner and two breakfasts in the Pinnacle and all three times you almost felt as though you were on a different ship. There is a rather Cold attitude and it was not just us, we would watch how many of those that worked in the Pinnacle treated other passengers. Now I am not saying it is terrible but it is definitely just a notch or two below the standard of the rest of the ship.

Interesting. We thought it was the best meal with the best service on the ship. Much better than the dining room!

Hola! Lisa!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful B2B cruise!

Thank you for arranging the 1st FLL Wave last Dec. 9 with the Zuiderdam. It was really breezy that day! We are all back home and going through the boards and downloading pictures. The Cruise of the PanCanDamers was fantastic. I have posted a link on our rollcall for many of the pictures I captured with the CCer's.

For me, it's back to work tomorrow. I am so happy to hear that you will have a new one when you get back!

Hello Lisa,

I am really enjoying your blog/review as We will be on Her end of Feb.

I just hope the weather is better,

Question, for anyone, I guaranteed a balcony on deck5, do many actually get upgrades. or is ait a rare occurence

cause I didn't click the box on the HAL website when I bought the cruise.

Should I call them ? and mention I would accept one if offered. I figure they might be fully booked on our cruise in that period.

Hope this week the seas are calmer for you and may the sun shine each day.

oh have a great christmas cruis too.

Sunday Evening December 21, 2008

Greetings from the Caribbean on board the Beautiful MS Eurodam.

What a wonderful Sea day!!!! I had the opportunity to have the lunch in the Tamarind today and oh my was that ever good. I so enjoyed that. This even was equally as good. Then we had a very nice CC Meet and Greet in the Crow’s Nest. Of course as you know we have early dining tonight the was a new item on the first formal night menu of I had Quail stuffed with Goat Cheese and Broccoli with mushroom risotto all was very good. Tom of course had the Beef Wellington. They told me this was the first tine they have had Quail on the menu and I was very impressed. Of course we so enjoy having Ronald as our Wine Steward. Tonight he told us how the Bar Staff had their first 100% from the surveys and his bosses were very happy. I have to admit the service just keeps improving. After dinner we sort of Bar Hopped tonight. Since we saw the show last Sunday night we decided to be different and see what was going on in the bars. First we went to the Ocean Bar and enjoyed the music there where I had a Espresso Martini, then we headed up to the Crow’s Nest, after that we decided to go the Explorer’s Lounge where we spend the rest of the evening and I enjoyed a few Spanish Coffee’s. Rafael makes a great Spanish Coffee and the show with lighting the glass and makes the sparks with the nutmeg and cinnamon was all part of the show. We laugh that it is funny that all the bars know us by first name but I guess that is the sign of a excellent cruise.

Now I must report that we are seeing a drastic difference in the passengers and we are guessing because it is a Holiday Cruise is the reason we are seeing so many more extremely well dressed for the Formal Night. I would venture to say that 60% of the men were in Tux which is drastically higher than any cruise we have ever been on. I saw some wonderful gowns worn by many of the ladies this evening and many men even in white dinner jackets. Over all very impressive. What is funny is that this week does feel like a different cruise but yet with having all the crew members we love it is like we are sailing with family.

I have to admit it is going to be hard to go back to doing just a 7 day cruise these Back to Backs are pretty darn nice especially on Holiday Sailings.

Tomorrow we return to Grand Turk, now that we know what we want to do we will sleep in then get up and grab a few lounge chairs under a palm tree and relax and read.

Well, the Spanish Coffees had already hit me before we came to our cabin so before I write something that makes no sense I will sign off.

Signing off from the Beautiful MS Eurodam.

On previous Holland America cruises I have bought a package of three diff't Lancaster suntan lotions. they are in a tangerine colored orangish box. Can you tell me if they still sell it? It should be about $19. All three pieces retail in Europe Duty free for about $75. Can you please let me know if they still sell it. This way, I can buy it on board, instead of packing it. Thanks!!! Great lotion.

I am sorry to report that unless I totally missed it I found NO Lancaster suntain locations.:o The had other suntain lotions but not Lancaster.

Hi Lisa, it's great to hear you and Tom are having a great 2nd cruise!! :D I'm really enjoying your "Live from" report. I feel like I'm on the ship with you so that when I board next Saturday, it will feel like my 3rd cruise in a row!! :D Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. First, what is Spanish Coffee? It definatly sounds interesting!! :D My 2nd question is, do they have any hats (such as baseball hats or any other kind of hats really) in the shops onboard (or on Half Moon Cay) that say "DAM SHIPS" on them? I know it sounds stupid but I saw someone wearing on once and ever since then I've always wanted one!! :o :D

Thanks and have a great cruise!!!! :D

Lisa - I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying your voyage on the lovely Eurodam. I have a question: have the pads been replaced on the lounge chairs in the elevator lobbies? I was on the Eurodam in Nov. and they had removed all the pads supposedly due to them not being up to fire code. :confused: The benches looked a little out of place sitting there with only metal slats. However, to be clear, the ship was absolutely gorgeous so the missing bench pads were a very minor and hardly noticeable thing. Just curious if they've been replaced. Thank you and I wish you calm seas and sunny skies for the remaining days of your fabulous cruise on the beautiful ms Eurodam.

Diane

Thanks for checking for the Lancaster. I guess HAL is no longer carrying it on board. If you have a chance this week, can you see what the names of the Retreat Cabanas are called- specifically the ones overlooking the LIDO Pool. Thanks and your reviews are a pleasure to read.

This has been so fun to read Lisa, I am so excited to hear how much you love the Eurodam!

It is fabulous the upgrade fairie has been working for you. From reading your posts I assume this is going to be 2 of the best weeks you have had on a ship. It is just a bonus your plan got you out of the Vegas snowstorm!

Oh, crap. That's where I'm staying next month for four nights (no, not for a cruise ... just a training class in Fort Lauderdale). But, I guess I should look at it on the bright side. At least I'm not paying for it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

LOL..."Oh, crap" were my exact words. We're staying there in a few weeks prior to our cruise. At least the price came down $200 since I originally booked the room. Not sure what I should do now. Hmmm...

LOL..."Oh, crap" were my exact words. We're staying there in a few weeks prior to our cruise. At least the price came down $200 since I originally booked the room. Not sure what I should do now. Hmmm...

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on 10/31, precruise on the Eurodam. My accommodations were fine and in very good condition. Maybe I got one of the refurbished rooms? Dunno... The hotel on a whole was very clean and I did not notice anything out of order. The pool area is very nice and the bar that adjoins it was fun the night I was there.

My only complaint was with the concierge. I've never encountered such an aloof, unknowledgeable and unprofessional concierge.

Diane

Archived