Military Uniform for formal night?

Mego0427

My fiance has no really nice clothes, dressed up for him is normally a button down, nice jeans and nice shoes which is fine for most nights. However for formal night he can't wear that. My question is can he wear his military uniform? I mean I know he can but would it look really strange? I don't want him to be mistaken for the crew haha TIA!

Heehee..It's not Marine Dress Blues is it? I might steal him from you. S.gif

Haha not yet, right now it is Navy stuff but once he graduates from the Academy it will hopefully be Marine Corp...then I will have to fight you for him haha

Thanks for the replies everyone!

There have been many thread discussing this issue. Here's one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=858274&highlight=military+uniform+formal+night

I'm sorry, I did a quick search before I posted I guess I should have tried harder :D Forgive my bad forum manners:) Thank you very much for the link.

I'm sorry, I did a quick search before I posted I guess I should have tried harder :D Forgive my bad forum manners:) Thank you very much for the link.

No apologies necessary! There was just lots of good information in this thread. Absolutely take the uniform.

As a proud Marine mom, let me say please have your fiance wear his dress uniform. And if my husband and I were on the cruise, you could be assured of lots of thank yous. We always appreciate seeing our guys (and girls) in uniform.

My brother was career officer in army and just retired. He's always worn his dress uniform on our cruises and we have some great extended family pictures. The others are correct. Many people will come up and thank him for his service.

On the last cruise, though, one little boy came up to him (with really wide eyes) and wanted to know if he was the captain of the ship!

Have him wear the uniform and be proud!

My fiance has no really nice clothes, dressed up for him is normally a button down, nice jeans and nice shoes which is fine for most nights. However for formal night he can't wear that. My question is can he wear his military uniform? I mean I know he can but would it look really strange? I don't want him to be mistaken for the crew haha TIA!

Absolutely have him wear his formal uniform! DH wears his every cruise and has zero problems. I wore mine once and was asked where the dining room was. :rolleyes: He'll get lots of attention, but it will all be positive, honest! :)

Archived