Are RCCL Removing Conceirge Access for Diamond Members? - Opinions please

I'm not sure who took a dump in her purse, but I look forward to my next cruise sans her. :mad: Probably spends a lot of time in her suite and dreads the thought of mingling with the riff-raff. I'm sure she'd feel much more comfortable on Regent or SilverSeas, much fewer common folks on those lines.:p

Reggie..........I see that you are on the pre inaugural. Slip on over to the C&A M&M section and say "HI!"

Rick

Reggie..........I see that you are on the pre inaugural. Slip on over to the C&A M&M section and say "HI!"

Rick

Hi Rick. I guess my invite got lost in the mail. I did make some enquiries as to sailing on one of the pre-inaugurals but haven't heard anything yet.

Maybe I'll give the D+ line a call tomorrow and see if I can grab a spot.

I can be there in about 2&1/2 hours if I don't hit any traffic.

Reggie :)

That p$$$$ me off.

We have never let anyone in the CL. Friend family or whatever. That is just plain abuse of the system. :mad:

Nancy, you don't know who is sitting next to you because their seapass has Diamond on it:( and also they don't have to be with their parents they could be with a friend.....

Carol:)

Nancy, you don't know who is sitting next to you because their seapass has Diamond on it:( and also they don't have to be with their parents they could be with a friend.....

Sweetie,

No disrespect, but what does that mean?

I'm totally innocnet and don't know but want to. :confused:

Pretty sad if she is old enough to enjoy CL or better yet cruise alone w/o someone over 25 still living at home with mom and dad...:eek:

From a prior thread if the person doesn't still live at home I thought it was stated that they reverted back to only the level earned off their cruises.

My DD just now has enough to be Platnium after last cruise...she did not make every cruise with us. By the time she is in College she will have earned Diamond or maybe Plus....not sure I am paying for her to earn that many credits.

I do agree the auto upgrades for folks sharing an address does tend to allow some the advantage when they haven't really earned it. Of course some folks will cheat it up some using this trick for their own gain...sadly these folks may be some who complain the most when its not what they want or expect....:eek:

Dave, I think if someone is with a D/D+ they should be able to go into the CL with there partner but not get all those credits that He or She has, just for the cruise that they have done.....

Sweetie,

No disrespect, but what does that mean?

I'm totally innocnet and don't know but want to. :confused:

Nancy, when someone goes into the CL and they ask to see their pass they show it and it says Diamond just like mine so there in, you meet them in there and you don't know how many cruises they have been on, it could be 3 or 4 cruises.....

:eek:

Nancy, when someone goes into the CL and they ask to see their pass they show it and it says Diamond just like mine so there in, you meet them in there and you don't know how many cruises they have been on, it could be 3 or 4 cruises.....

I would never let any one into the CL who did not belong. :eek:

Neither would I Nancy, I think they should check into who they let in, but I guess it is to hard for them to do this:rolleyes: Next they will give us drink tickets:(

Neither would I Nancy, I think they should check into who they let in, but I guess it is to hard for them to do this:rolleyes: Next they will give us drink tickets:(

I know this is a pain in the butt. :)

However, RCI needs to pay attention.

I know this is a pain in the butt. :)

However, RCI needs to pay attention.

I think they will do something about it soon, and it should be for the best, I hope:rolleyes: I was just reading Carol's day going around the horn, she sure is having fun I wish I was there, I thought you where booked to go around the horn? and we were book for the Indy for April to do the TA to England and so where you and that is one cruise we should have stayed with as it is a good price and they are all having lots of fun:( Oh a cow is a female:D

I think they will do something about it soon, and it should be for the best, I hope:rolleyes: I was just reading Carol's day going around the horn, she sure is having fun I wish I was there, I thought you where booked to go around the horn? and we were book for the Indy for April to do the TA to England and so where you and that is one cruise we should have stayed with as it is a good price and they are all having lots of fun:( Oh a cow is a female:D

It's never too late, Carol!!! We'd love to have you and Nancy back on board with us! :D

It's never too late, Carol!!! We'd love to have you and Nancy back on board with us! :D

Lorna, I would love to go but I can't:( I still have to call you one of these nights;)

When are you going on the Mariner?

I'm still looking at those River Boat Cruises too:cool:

We had the 8-30-09 Mariner Members Cruise booked ... until RCI "dis-Membered" it. :( So, we ended up transfering the booking to the 3-11-10 Panama Canal on the Jewel. I think Bill & I are definitely going to do a River Cruise at the end of 2010. I'm researching cruise lines, now.

I know someone that is Diamond and she has only been on one RCI cruise ship for 7 days, you just have to live with your parents that are Diamond and you are Diamond automatically, now she is looking forward to going on her 2nd RCI cruise so she can go to the Diamond club......

It makes you wonder what RCI's motive was when they allowed this. They knew the lounges were crowded yet they started giving matching C&A status out so freely.

I think you all have the wrong idea here. Although, I am not sure you are going to like the reality any better. :D

The situation originally described about a girl going to CL on her second cruise because if her parents status is not entering "illegally". She - under RCI's current system - DOES belong.

Currently, all members of a household share the C&A level of the highest member of the household. In my case, I have the most cruise credits. So, when I made diamond, DH and DD also made diamond (DD was still in college and living at home).

And currently, when children leave home they retain their C&A status - whatever that is. So DD was diamond when she moved out on her own and when she cruised on her honeymoon last year. Her new DH became diamond (because of DD's status) as soon as he completed his first cruise (the honeymoon cruise).

This is just RCI's policy as this point in time. So, yes, you can see why D and D+ numbers have grown so exponentially. I am not saying it is right or wrong. But there it is.

So the girl in question would be very legal and deserving of the CL - by RCI's own rules.

I think you all have the wrong idea here. Although, I am not sure you are going to like the reality any better. :D

The situation originally described about a girl going to CL on her second cruise because if her parents status is not entering "illegally". She - under RCI's current system - DOES belong.

Currently, all members of a household share the C&A level of the highest member of the household. In my case, I have the most cruise credits. So, when I made diamond, DH and DD also made diamond (DD was still in college and living at home).

And currently, when children leave home they retain their C&A status - whatever that is. So DD was diamond when she moved out on her own and when she cruised on her honeymoon last year. Her new DH became diamond (because of DD's status) as soon as he completed his first cruise (the honeymoon cruise).

This is just RCI's policy as this point in time. So, yes, you can see why D and D+ numbers have grown so exponentially. I am not saying it is right or wrong. But there it is.

So the girl in question would be very legal and deserving of the CL - by RCI's own rules.

I think the issue here is not that it is 'wrong' but the idea that RCI needs to close this loophole. It is creating way too many Diamond members.

So would you stop cruising with RCI because you lost the concierge or because you couldn't have a free drink? (not trying to be awkward, just curious as to the reason)

Not yet to that level, but it is one of the big draws. We don't drink a lot so it would mean a 30% or more reduction in our on board costs to have a couple drinks each in the lounge instead of paying elsewhere.

So as far as the above question, if we make diamond (planned november/december of this year) and this benefit is removed then it will lead me to try other lines as the main reason to not try others is the benefits i'd not have.

After trying other lines I would decide based on the cruise experience.

So will it make me quit RCL? Possibly. Would my next cruise be on someone else? Definitely.

I think the issue here is not that it is 'wrong' but the idea that RCI needs to close this loophole. It is creating way too many Diamond members.

First, hello mohavemommy! :) I totally agree with you about this issue. How many people signed up their "kids" on their street address to give them this wonderful D/D+ benefit? Loophole is definitely providing a wide opening for additional folks to take part in the D/D+ benefits.:(

Personally, IMHO, either you earn the credits or you don't.

So would you stop cruising with RCI because you lost the concierge or because you couldn't have a free drink? (not trying to be awkward, just curious as to the reason)

Okay, I'll answer your question with "another question." Would you stop cruising with RCI if they took the CL away from Suite Guests?

We've been D+ for over five years. We've enjoyed the benefits of the CL when it was crowded, when it wasn't crowded, when we had a suite and when we didn't have a suite. To us, it isn't about "drinking", but rather having a nice place to meet some very nice and interesting people who love to cruise. It is a "benefit" that we have come to love. If they took it away, we wouldn't stop cruising with RCI, but it would put a "sour taste in our mouths" since we feel it is part of our cruising experience.

I understand what you are saying, I do believe that is what makes the Loyal to Royal crowd so very loyal. I guess where I was going with that is that if RCI did do away with the lounge perk that you couldn't go find that particular perk on another line. Basically it would be an even playing field at that point, best itinerary/price wins.

And I understand your argument but don't see why RCI would want to level the playing field by giving up what might give them with a distinct advantage over their competitors.

In most situations, best itinerary/price will still win but if the lounge access tips the scales even to the slightest degree in RCI's favor they certainly would want to have that edge.:)

So as far as the above question, if we make diamond (planned november/december of this year) and this benefit is removed then it will lead me to try other lines as the main reason to not try others is the benefits i'd not have.

Unitl RCI announces this change, I would not worry about. Right now, it's just a bad rumor, possibly a cruel joke. There is a lot of worrying about nothing right now.

I do, however, think RC should take away the recipricol perk to household members or cabin mates.

Archived