A new HAL Blog! (Yes, I'm a HAL employee!)

DutchByAssociation

I requested one from the front desk. I was told that I should store my medications in the medical center on the first deck and complimentary refrigerators are not available for medication.

Correct. Also important to note is that they do not necessarily get as cold as some medications need which could be an issue. Also, in the event of some sort of major power outage those fridges in the medical center are connected to the emergency power.

Her name is Diane and she travelled with her husband and her son, Michael, both disabled. Diane said that when she checked in on line there was a place for "special requests" like dietary choices, etc. and refrigerator was there. I don't think I misunderstood her, but maybe I did. When I saw her I told her the desk said complimentary refrigerators are not available for medication and that I had to take my medicines to the medical department. She said they were absolutely wrong and she had a refrigerator and got it by requesting it online.

I believe that is the case if you make your actual booking online. That is covered in the "booking flow" but it is not something connected with the online check in process

DBA..About two months ago I redid my booking from a VD to a VH guarantee at a substantial savings..very happy with that. The condition was I had to pay everything at the time of booking, no big deal my final payment was due in a few days anyway..So the whole thing was paid, but when I received the invoice it stated under Payment Schedule the amount of the total Cruise - NOT PAID - Balance due $0.00. When I phoned my PVP..he said that it was a glitch in the system..I really would like an invoice that shows I have paid in full.my credit card has been charge a few months ago...has this glitch been experienced by others, and can I get an invoice that shows the entire cruise for both of us has been paid.?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a head's up that I have completely redesigned the blog for 2011. Let me know your feedback or if you find any errors or difficult to navigate/read elements.

Happy 2011 to all! (Below link goes directly to my 2011 message to everyone... general link in my signature goes to a non post-specific view of the blog)

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/12/happy-new-year-2011.html

Hullo,

Just some advice please.

DW and I are booked into cabin I8033 on the Nieuw Amsterdam(Navigtion deck). I see it is a wheelchair designated cabin. We do not require such a facility. My concern is what cabin will we be re-allocated to if this particular cabin is required?

Many thanks

Am taking my grand children on a Alaska Cruise, Seattle to Seattle. Will the kids need a pass port. All are US Citizens.

It's a closed loop sailing, so they are not REQUIRED but may just be easier.

Otherwise they'll need an original or certified copy of their gov't issued birth certificate and (you may want to check through reservations to make sure I'm still accurate here) a state issued photo ID for anyone over the age of 14*

*State ID's are actually a good idea for any kids that are at the age where they are using a wallet and/or if you've helped them open a bank account. Several years ago when I was still in reservations the age to also have an ID was 14... that may have changed though.

Also keep in mind that if you aren't the legal guardian of your grandkids you'll need signed and notarized consent forms from the parents if they are not going.

Hullo,

Just some advice please.

DW and I are booked into cabin I8033 on the Nieuw Amsterdam(Navigtion deck). I see it is a wheelchair designated cabin. We do not require such a facility. My concern is what cabin will we be re-allocated to if this particular cabin is required?

Many thanks

Hi there,

I guess I'm uncertain why you're booked into that room if it is not required... but to answer your question:

If you need to be moved out of that specific room, it would be treated like a guarantee booking. You will get AT LEAST the category you paid for, if not higher.

I just want to wish you a Happy Healthy New Year, and thank you for often being the voice of reason, here.

I know when you answer a question, your agenda is merely to help, and I appreciate the clarity (and sometimes patience) of your answers...I would love the opportunity to meet you in person sometime. Again, thanks and smooth sailing!

Just a head's up that I have completely redesigned the blog for 2011. Let me know your feedback or if you find any errors or difficult to navigate/read elements.

Happy 2011 to all! (Below link goes directly to my 2011 message to everyone... general link in my signature goes to a non post-specific view of the blog)

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/12/happy-new-year-2011.html

DBA Your new site is awesome! Many thanks for all the time you've put into your blog & time spent on Cruise Critic..

We wish you a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year..

Cheers.....:)Betty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived