A new HAL Blog! (Yes, I'm a HAL employee!)

DutchByAssociation

Hey DBA one last question I forgot to ask you when will HAL be releasing there itineraries for Nov, Dec 2012 and Jan 2013 for Australia/Asia Pacific and South America?;)

If you know that would be great because I can't seem to find anything past Oct of 2012 and very little if that.

Thanks

Depending on destination it's usually 12-16, maybe 18 months prior to when we start sending ships to that region.

Is it too much to ask HAL to wash the wondows on their ships.

Spray and a light film I understand.

HUGE white and gray streaks a foot wide are not acceptable.

Gramps

If you stay on the Lower Promenade of a R or S-class ship you won't need an alarm clock, because you'll be awakened by the water spraying on your window every morning. :)

Just wanted to take a moment and step back and realize that in the last almost 2 years I've made 2000 posts, primarily on the thread which is ALMOST at 100 pages!

Hopefully along the way I've managed to answer a question or 2 :D

DBA

Dutch:

This is the thread that contains most of your 2000 posts.

Actually, no. DBA has "only" 615 posts here, leaving about 1400 other posts scattered among nany other threads. This is the longest current thread, now longer than any of the Sticky threads.

Roy

Actually, no. DBA has "only" 615 posts here, leaving about 1400 other posts scattered among nany other threads. This is the longest current thread, now longer than any of the Sticky threads.

Roy

Didn't know you could sort and see how many posts on a given thread. WOW... very cool! :D

Is it too much to ask HAL to wash the wondows on their ships.

Spray and a light film I understand.

HUGE white and gray streaks a foot wide are not acceptable.

Gramps

There are MANY ports where even just being on the side of the ship in the window washing gear and intending to use ONLY WATER is not permitted. Some ports don't mind, some are very strict and some even moreso... Maintenance is certainly done wherever it's allowed (and obviously sea days aren't really an option :) )

Didn't know you could sort and see how many posts on a given thread. WOW... very cool! :D

If you click on the "Replies" column at the right side of the list of threads, you get a popup with a listing of everybody who posted to the thread with each person's number of posts.

Now back to what you do best--answering our questions and bringing up the things we should know about but don't know enough to ask.

Roy

This post I am doing is only on page 50 for me.
Weird - it definitely is 100 on my laptop. :confused: 50 is nothing to sneeze at either though!!
It depends on how many posts-per-page you have your User CP Options set for. At 20/pg it's 100 pages, and at 40/pg it's 50. I think the default is 20/pg. You can also choose 10 or 30.

I wonder why this thread isn't a Sticky anymore. It's certainly the most helpful, IMO.

I feel the same way, but the hosts volunteer to do so much for us that I'm happy to yield to their judgement. This was discussed around post # 1435 or so.

Roy

Hi DBA,

A quick question about booking shore excursions: if I book them before we sail, do we get the spending credit towards extra mariner days? I can't find an answer in previous posts.

I'm not DBA, but yes you do. Also for pre-paid dinner reservations in specialty restaurants. Many answers to questions like this are on the HAL site under Mariner Society Rewards Program, FAQs.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

Hi DBA,

A quick question about booking shore excursions: if I book them before we sail, do we get the spending credit towards extra mariner days? I can't find an answer in previous posts.

Thanks a lot for all of your answers!

Yes you do. I got all the appropriate credits for the Grand Cabana on HMC when I was on Eurodam this past December

If you click on the "Replies" column at the right side of the list of threads, you get a popup with a listing of everybody who posted to the thread with each person's number of posts.

Now back to what you do best--answering our questions and bringing up the things we should know about but don't know enough to ask.

Roy

Good to know, thanks!

Archived