OK - So how do you buy rccl stock?

Hflors

Yes , I think its about time to pick up a 100 shares now. The negative seniment is at a low now on these boards,

I have been screwed by Rccl

I have been scamed by Rccl

The food sucks

The service stinks

I have been nickle and dimed

Yet these people continue to come here and post and continue to buy cruises on Rccl, go figure. So if I am reading all these post correctly Rccl is a crappy cruise line yet the people continue to buy cruises,so its time to buy the stock.

Contrarian investor, are we? I've been amused with the negative market sentiment as well and have already started my DD with RCL and CCL. I made some money trading puts last year but I'm interested in establishing a long position. :)

LOL, its time to buy when people are the most negative. I have owned the debt for several years because it just keeps paying,better than OBC ,but I think I will pick up a 100 shares just for the fun of it. Then I can have something in common with all the OBC people standing in line at the pursers desk.

Edited by setsail

Whether RCL is a good investment at this time, or whether RCCL will continue to offer OBC, or whether RCCL will reinstate dividends - all of this really doesn't matter to OP. Neither is she interested in learning all the ins and outs of complicated trading.

OP thought it through and decided it was worth the RISK to invest under $700 to dip her toes in the stock market and PERHAPS realize some benefit from owning this stock. OP: If you recognize the risks and don't mind losing a little under $700 if the stock goes bust (which you say is your situation), this is a good learning experience for you. You might come out way ahead. I have. I don't buy and hold this stock. I bought it once at $40 and sold it at $42. With that I got $450 OBC. I've bought it at lower prices than $40 but sold at a profit, again realizing hundreds of dollars in OBC. Right now I'm sitting on 200 shares with a total loss of $385. Maybe it will go up, maybe not. It won't kill me if it doesn't. Maybe those glory days are over, but then again, if you don't mind losing $700, go for it! Good luck!:)

(Forgive me if "she" is a "he." Also, maybe it was not OP who said he/she had weighed the pros and cons. This is a response to that individual.)

Edited by petesweet

Its the OPs money and she can do what she wants with it. That said, this is not the climate to invest in "frills". If you want to invest in stocks, invest in places where the market is growing. Think third world countries, what are these people going to be buying? Not cruises. If I had $700 I would invest in cocacola. Think of all the people in China and India getting addicted to cocacola.:D

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone except the most seasoned investors, but I usually but RCCL when it is very high. Then I watch its price dive to the point where I have lost 80%. Then I argue with myself about if I should sell low and complete the vicious cycle, or hold on to it on the outside chance it may come back some day.

All of this is made worthwhile as I have received over $500 in on board credit that I can combine with my other on board credit and discounts - but wait, can't do that anymore either, but that's another thread.

Best of luck!!

Do you just call them and tell them you want to buy their stock? For those who own stock how did you buy it?

Thanks

Define investment. The classical definition is an expenditure of money or capital with the express purpose of gaining income, increasing capital, or both.

I presume that when you bought your shares, the company was paying a dividend. So you invested $600 with the express purpose of collecting income in the form of regular dividend payments. You also collected income in the form of OBCs. And finally, you had the opportunity to see your capital increase in value. Sounds like an investment to me. ;)

The fact that the shares were at $6 has nothing to do with it not being an investment; it just sounds like you made a prudent move that limited your risk (loss) to a few hundred dollars while having the ability to completely recoup your cash outlay rather quickly (dividend yield + OBC).

Well thanks BadBoy, you make it sound so good. :) I suppose I should have said, not much of a cash outlay for an investment. ;)

Do you just call them and tell them you want to buy their stock? For those who own stock how did you buy it?

Thanks

TDameritrade will do the job for you either online or phone !-800-934-4448.

My question is WHY? If you sail A LOT it's great, because of OBC received, but it has been a downer stock to own. Its down 55% from its highs and not much going for it unless you plan on holding till 2015.(est). The dividend is nil.

We'll see what kind of a responce we get from this thought!

Thanks

Don't listen to all financial advices that you have been getting in this thread, you can't trust people on internet forums, do like this instead:

Paypal me the money for the stocks you wan't to buy, add 20% as brokers fee and I will email you a screen print of the stocks as soon as they are in my account. This is much safer since I have 20+ years of experience in trading with stocks and really know this game ;)

don't listen to all financial advices that you have been getting in this thread, you can't trust people on internet forums, do like this instead:

Paypal me the money for the stocks you wan't to buy, add 20% as brokers fee and i will email you a screen print of the stocks as soon as they are in my account. This is much safer since i have 20+ years of experience in trading with stocks and really know this game ;)

your first sentence is very good advice!!!!

Don't listen to all financial advices that you have been getting in this thread, you can't trust people on internet forums, do like this instead:

Paypal me the money for the stocks you wan't to buy, add 20% as brokers fee and I will email you a screen print of the stocks as soon as they are in my account. This is much safer since I have 20+ years of experience in trading with stocks and really know this game ;)

Well spoken, Bernie M.:D

Question:

If you open a Scottreade acct' date=' and it takes a few days to "clear the check", do they wait 4 days to buy the stock, which would be at a different rate? Or do they "hold" it for you?[/b']

I've never played it that close. I guess you buy it at the price the day your order can go through.

At 5$ to 6$ a share buy day before cruising send info to office sell day you get home . OBC instant profit if stock didnt colapse while cruising LOL. I have done 1 cruise with stock and have 2 more booked. I can then hold stock forever because avg. cost per share 0$

I don't think so becca...no combining of most discounts unless the cruise was booked before Dec 31, 2008 and even then they will give you a tough time of it..trust me on this.

I just read this and it it good to read positive things about stock in RCCL and Carnival:

Should You Get On Board the Stocks?

Both Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise have had their stocks pounded in the wake of this rogue wave that rose up against the cruise industry, Royal Caribbean more so than Carnival. Royal Caribbean is near a year low trading at $6, down from $40, while Carnival, the bigger and stronger of the two, has held up a bit better, trading at $20 down from $43. Carnival’s profits have held up better, but both are expected to still make money going forward. While you might not want to take the plunge yet and jump into the waters on these stocks, (particularly watch Royal’s operating cash position, as it may take a couple of years to fully return to the previous industry levels), the likelihood is that both Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise will weather the rough seas of the recession and please their many happy passengers as they set sail onto happier, smoother seas.

http://community.investopedia.com/news/IA/2009/Cruise-Lines-Battered-But-Not-Sunk-RCL-CCL0223.aspx

• 7 years later...
Hi Fellow Cruisers ~ All of these posts are several years old. We want to buy some RCCL stock. How does the OBC perk work? How many shares do you need? How often can you use it? How do I find the RC website regarding this? Thanks in advance for your replies. ;)

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

It's not as easy as it sounds. We recently bought stock from RCCL...our first stock purchase ever. We contacted a local broker with Ameritrade and they helped us with the purchase.

If you have an account with a trading firm the whole matter can be completed in about 30 seconds.

Hi Fellow Cruisers ~ All of these posts are several years old. We want to buy some RCCL stock. How does the OBC perk work? How many shares do you need? How often can you use it? How do I find the RC website regarding this? Thanks in advance for your replies. ;)

Good question. RCI makes it harder and harder all the time to get the Stock benefit OBC. You pretty much have to book a cruise that offers no other incentives (whether or not they actually amount to any true savings) from RCI.

How the heck did you find this thread?

Edited by Ocean Boy