Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

I'm lost Liz - how does a normal D member book it ?

Liz 2010 will definitely be a new cruiseline for us - unless RCI revoke their decision. Did you know Jo-J worked for Disney ?

jj....

Sorry JJ I just realised I wasnt very clear in my reply...duh me :o

You just phone RCCL or your TA to book. :D

No I didnt know Jo used to work for Disney.

I have been reading recent posts and I find it very interesting and I would be willing to bet that most, NOT ALL, but most of the people who are upset at RCCL for the change in Diamond level benefits have over the years done things, like bring alcohol on board unauthorized, used coupons from previous sailings or sold them to others to use on future sailings, permanently borrowed items of the ship/cruise line to take home. I even have seen a dinner plate being sold on Ebay. Few permantely borrowed items show up on Ebay.

Have the cruise line let us down, and we are very vocal. Let us do things we know are against company policy or morally wrong and where is the same level of outrage?

We have policies at my company that I expect every employee, customer to abide by - ALWAYS. I do not create policies/rules just to make them. I am always mindful of having to enforce any/all rules created, so I minimize potentially petty ones. Yet so many CC's have no problem breaking cruise line rules. I hate a lot of their rules, but if I choose to sail with them, I should obey the rules.

I hope RCCL changes their policy decision on Diamond level perks as I took cruises to earn that status and thus (fair or unfair) feel that I have somewhat paid for those perks. But, I at the same time must abide by their rules or not sail with them, not like some think, I will sail with them and I will do what I want/like.

I just find it very hard to read/listen to complaints knowing we are not blamless in our own behavior.

Are you really saying that you believe that MOST of the people who have complained about the loss of any meaning to their Diamond status are thieves and cheats? I can assure you that I am not, and I'm also quite sure

that MOST of the rest of us aren't either! It's always a very small percentage of people who want to break the rules- that's why it still makes the "news".

I quite agree that it's a personal decision whether to continue tosail Royal or not, now that they have let us know that they really DON'T value repeat customers. But to say that we don't have a right to complain because we are MOSTly thieves and cheaters anyway, is a bit of a stretch- and, I think, WAY out of line.

If I have misread the meaning of your post, I do apologise!

Thanks Liz - happy cruising whatever you decide.

For me RCI seems to be on the slippery slope - to many cut backs. The total disregard for UK cruisers is a disgrace - the moving of the Top job in the UK to Miami is another sign of things to come.

jj.......

Thanks Liz - happy cruising whatever you decide.

For me RCI seems to be on the slippery slope - to many cut backs. The total disregard for UK cruisers is a disgrace - the moving of the Top job in the UK to Miami is another sign of things to come.

jj.......

JJ ...The "Top" job in UK office is not moving to Miami.

Sorry but I think you might need to read that old news (recently reposted) again :)

We got back from our wonderful cruise on march 27 and had an email from CA about the cutback of the CL. What a slap in the face /15 cruises / loyal to royal. We may have 2 drinks a night. Too busy going to shows and dinner. Why should suite guests traveling 1st time cruisers get more than us. They are catering to the wealthy now? If they can afford a suite they don't need CL with free drinks. I love RC because of the shows. Far better than princess. But I am beginning to think princess has better food. I am going to try some of the other lines now. Especially since their prices are less than RC. I've told so many people by far RC was better. Very dissappointed in royal. Was going to book the jewel for oct but am looking elsewhere.

Offer 1/2 price happy hour cocktails to Diamond seapass cards, at any bar or venue.

Then reallow access to the Concierge Lounge for concierge services.

If the crowding and privilege abuse is overwhelming, spread out the impact while providing an alternative benefit.

Truly, it is not only the loss of free happy hour cocktails that upsets me (since we only drink 1 per evening) but it's the overall decline in the Royal Caribbean experience. (see GeorgeT's list)

We were happy to pay (on average) $400-$1000 MORE per cruise to sail on RCCL. But I don't see the point of remaining exclusive any longer.

UGH!!! So you've said that over and over again! WE GET IT!!!

just remember that some of the "no more..." resulted from the George Smith fiasco in 2005 and are not attributable to cut backs on RCI's part.

yes - this is my original list that GEORGET referenced - I just indicated "changes" and recognize there are many contributing factors (including the other drunk young man who went overboard). I'm sure there are other changes as well, but these are the ones I have noticed since I started cruising in 2005 (10 cruises) or have recently been announced. I guess I should add "Johnny Rockets BOGO milkshake instead of free meal coupon". I wonder if you have to buy the meal to get the milkshake?? I don't think onion rings and milkshakes sound like a good combo, then again I'm not a teenager any more ;)

"here is my current list of RC and C&A changes, in no particular order:

• No more newspapers
  • No more mints
  • No more shipshape / vitality program
  • No more stock dividend
  • No more daily lunches in the MDR (sea days only)
  • No more daily or gala midnight buffets
  • JR fee increase
  • Late nite room service fee
  • No more in-cabin liquor purchase w/ fee
  • No more bringing wine onboard
  • No more morning ice service
  • No in-room beach towel service
  • New fee for drinks at the Captain’s “cocktail” reception
  • No more C&A welcome back party
  • Beer and wine (only) at the new Diamond reception
  • Cutbacks in food quality
  • DR steak fee
  • No more free photo coupon
  • No C&A gifts below D+
  • No combining stockholder / diamond discounts, even though one has absolutely nothing to do with the other
  • Of course, last but not least: No CL access for diamonds"

DH is dear husband. DW is dear wife. DS is dear son. DD is dear daughter. :)

Not sure about DB. Maybe dear best friend. :)

Oh wow!!! I would have never guessed that!!! You can only imagine what I was trying to make of those initials which were NO WHERE close to anything dear LOL!!!! Thanks!

Okay, truth be told,,,,DH and myself could drink 4 each on happy hour. Count up the bucks and see why we feel it impacts our cruising dollars. Now we can take the dollar amount and apply it to other cruises.

Only problem is,,,,,I really like RCCL! We will be diamond+ at the end of the year, but I am feeling betrayed, yet tied by the dangling carrot. Like an abused child!:eek: Our last 12 cruises have been on RCCL with 4 more booked. I thought I was free but still feel the chain!

What is the george smith fiasco

George Smith and his bride of 1 day took a cruise on the Brilliance in the Mediterranean in 2005. Bottom line is they smuggled high alcohol content booze onboard and both got drunk. They had a fight and went separate ways. She passed out in the hall and he mysteriously fell overboard. RCI paid out $1M to the grieving widow. :rolleyes:

George Smith and his bride of 1 day took a cruise on the Brilliance in the Mediterranean in 2005. Bottom line is they smuggled high alcohol content booze onboard and both got drunk. They had a fight and went separate ways. She passed out in the hall and he mysteriously fell overboard. RCI paid out $1M to the grieving widow. :rolleyes:

oh wow!!!:eek: remind me never to drink and cruise with a new bride!!! Hope they found the poor chap!:confused:

I am D Plus and I DO understand that you are upset. I would be upset also but I never cruised RCCL just for the CL or the drinks so it would not have impacted me as it seemed to do for many here but for those that it did I can certainly see why you are mad.

I went thru all the levels also to become D plus and I paid for my cruises to get there so I can understand. If I had a say in RCCL's decision I would have said go by the amount of sea days or book a suite. Cruise 10 or more days a year ( as an example ) get the CL as a perk. I think that system would be fair to the company and to the non suite passengers. Reward those that cruise several days a year. I've read a lot of posts that name many different cruiselines in the sigs which is fine, people should cruise any line they like, but those people shouldn't be upset that they are not D plus now. They made their choice of what line to sail and they chose not to sail RCCL at the time for whatever reasons they had.

A lot of people fall short by a few credits which they will get soon and it will no longer be an issue for them or they can just choose to cruise another line. It remains their choice.

So yes I rolled with the punches a long time too as did all D plus members and for all we know as more diamonds become D plus, once again there will be too many of us and more changes will most likely be made and only time will tell how that will play out.

BTW I WAS D plus before being selected as a RC so you can forget the cheerleader name calling when it comes to me and I never received a dime or anything else from RCCL. If I didn't enjoy my cruises on RCCL and kept sailing with them I wouldn't be D plus but we cruised with them because we had a great time not because of credits. No amount of credits/perks would get us on any ship unless we enjoyed it to begin with.

Hi aghacruiser - a little late in responding... this is the problem with a message forum, somehow you interpreted my message as a direct insult toward you or the fact that you are an RC, when honestly, I was just commenting on those posters who seem to think that RCI has done no harm and can do no wrong. In no way on this thread -- or actually any thread ever -- have I mentioned or referenced an RC...

BTW -- there are WAYYYY worse things to be called than a CHEERLEADER, which by the way, I did not call you personally. NOR did I imply that you received a dime, a dollar or even a few additional perks.

"the last is the most important to myself."

This is why I believe Royal will not change the policy.

They have made changes....one at a time....piecemeal.....probably starting with charging for soda (that I remember), charge for Johnny Rockets. If if did not have a direct impact on the CC member, they did not object--in many cases they made fun of those who complained - *whiners*

They have gotten away with it before. They will do nothing.

I am not married to Royal Caribbean. I cruse other lines. Often I've wondered if I was missing a lot by my love of variety and my curiosity of other options. Guess not.

When they started charging for Johnny Rocket's, in order to alleviate crowding...yeah right, plenty of folks posted their discontent here and many responses said that that if one couldn't afford the $3.95 (now $4.95) they had no business cruising and should stay home. I said then that it was only a matter of time before RCI got around to doing something that affected them and then we would see the reaction. Well, I guess the reaction is here. The difference is that I wouldn't think of telling someone that if they can't afford to buy a $7.00 drink that they should stay home.

It seems that often around here folks only care about what affects them personally and have no interest in any issue that does not personally affect them or in any viewpoint other than their own. And when they don't like your point of view instead of trying to show you another way of looking at things they simply call you a whiner and dismiss your concerns.

I've never been in a CL so it is hard for me to judge this decision by RCI for myself as I could with the Johnny Rocket's change . However, some people posting here whose opinions I have come to respect over the years have voiced some very ligitimate reasons supporting RCI's decision. There have also been some ideas posted as to how RCI could make people feel better about this, ie.coupons for drinks, etc. I don't know what the fix is for the concerns. I also don't know if RCI will provide any remedy for the concerns.

What I have found interesting is how in the past RCI has typically made changes one at a time in order, it would seem, to not aggrevate too many people at one time. Now they are doing so many things at once between this CL issue, the non-combining of benefits, reducing the C&A coupons, etc. that is seem like they are leaving no repeat guests untouched. I do hope that they know what they are doing.

Are Diamond Plus members that drink for free in the concierge lounge also considered free-loaders? For that matter, are Suite members free-loaders when they drink for free? Just looking for responses from those that throw around the term.....

Archived