Check This Out - Princess INCREASES Perks For Loyal Cruisers!

RCCL kicks you in the teeth, Princess adds to their perks. Boy am I glad I switched my reservations from RCCL to Princess:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=958435

New perk for Elites/Suites

In case you didn't read my review of our lovely week on The Ruby, I want to let everyone know of a great new perk Princess has rolled out.

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites. It was held in Skywalkers from 4:30 each afternoon to 8:00 p.m.

We were told that our group was the first group to enjoy this new perk and that is going to now be introduced fleetwide.

Each evening that the lounge was opened, there was a drink special for just for that day. It was not like the drink of the day that the rest of the ship has. These were made with the premium alcohol and were fabulous.

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink.

The only one I didn't care for was the "Chairman of the Board", but I gave mine to my husband and he loved it.

As for the appetizers, they were wonderful and different from anything I have ever eaten on a cruiseship. No canapes!

This turned out to be the best place on the ship for pre-dinner drinks. It is card contolled.

You will love it! :)

Sounds like a good PR move for Princess.

Although, I see them going down the same path as RCI. Hopefully, they will learn from RCI's mistakes. Otherwise, in a few years, their lounge will have the same problems RCI's does.

Does Princess give equal status to family members?

Doesn't seem that great to me and I am Princess Elite.

Drink of the day ........................................ $5.00

Your usual drink that you can get anywhere ... usual price

What's the big deal?

I agree. Nice to have a private lounge, but how is paying for a drink a "perk"?

RCCL kicks you in the teeth, Princess adds to their perks. Boy am I glad I switched my reservations from RCCL to Princess:

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites...

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink. :)

I am confused why this is so much better than RCCL? It is for their elite level only, and the drink is still charged? Would the reason be that they only require 15 segments to be an elite versus 24 on RCCL? That doesn't seem like a kick in the teeth to me...just different companies presenting modestly different loyalty offers.

Is this really the only reason you are glad you switched? I love Princess Cruises too - just don't know that I need to pick one versus another - some nights I like Chinese food for dinner and some nights I like Italian...both are good!

Most of all, life is good to be able to cruise like we do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=958435

In case you didn't read my review of our lovely week on The Ruby, I want to let everyone know of a great new perk Princess has rolled out.

On 5 of our 7 days, Princess had a wonderful and exclusive lounge set up for Elites and for those booked in Suites. It was held in Skywalkers from 4:30 each afternoon to 8:00 p.m.

We were told that our group was the first group to enjoy this new perk and that is going to now be introduced fleetwide.

Each evening that the lounge was opened, there was a drink special for just for that day. It was not like the drink of the day that the rest of the ship has. These were made with the premium alcohol and were fabulous.

The special drink was only $5.00 per drink and it was worth it. One could order any drink you wanted but paid regular price unless it was the special drink.

The only one I didn't care for was the "Chairman of the Board", but I gave mine to my husband and he loved it.

As for the appetizers, they were wonderful and different from anything I have ever eaten on a cruiseship. No canapes!

This turned out to be the best place on the ship for pre-dinner drinks. It is card contolled.

You will love it! :)

Okay we've cruised Princess in a Suite. It can't compare to RCI.:):):)

Lovely ship but it doesn't have the energy that Royal has. :)

Try the Owners Suite on Pacific Princess..........it DOES COMPARE:D and it only has 670 passengers.........Princess still has 3 ships small enough for those that like to sail on ships that are smaller than half the towns in your state and to help you remember what cruising was all about:rolleyes:

On my last cruise on Enchantment of the Seas the drink special was $5 and it was available to EVERYone ALL day long at all bars. OH, there was an early bird special - bloody mary - for $4 - again for ALL passengers for a few hours each morning. I don't consider a $5 drink in a special lounge to be a perk.

Gina

Today I canceled 3 cruises with Royal. Thank goodness only one was booked with a Next Cruise cert. I lost $100 for a cancellation fee!

OUCH!

When they asked WHY I was cancelling all I had to say is that we're Diamond. I take it that mine wasn't the first cancellation today.

I dont care what Princess is now doing! The second they have ships like RCCL maybe ill care! :D

You should try Princess sometime. Having done 3 cruises on RCL and 3 on Princess I can honestly say that I prefer the Grand Princess class over the Voyager fleet. The layouts of the ship are much nicer and the service, overall treatment and class of traveler far exceed what I have found on RCL.

Hi rednancy1, While I have never been able to cruise in a suite,why did Royal not make the list for best suites on C.C. Celebrity ,ncl ,Princess among others did. Why do you think about it? Just curious. Thanks, David:)

Sounds like a good PR move for Princess.

Although, I see them going down the same path as RCI. Hopefully, they will learn from RCI's mistakes. Otherwise, in a few years, their lounge will have the same problems RCI's does.

Does Princess give equal status to family members?

Princess awards you your status by the number of cruise days - to reach the highest level you must have 150 cruise days - On Royal you could have 75 days (3 days x 25 cruises) or even less if you cruise in a junior suite

I dont care what Princess is now doing! The second they have ships like RCCL maybe ill care! :D

I dont know how you compare since you have never sailed on a Princess ship.

I would put Caribbean Princess up against any of the RCCL ships for beauty and elegant service.

Perks are just one of many reasons for a cruise.They all have plus and minuses.Princess has a 10 Panama Canal cruise that goes thru the canal,They also have a laundry (although I could not imagine washing clothes on a cruise as I can do that at home)...........Frank:)

Princess awards you your status by the number of cruise days - to reach the highest level you must have 150 cruise days - On Royal you could have 75 days (3 days x 25 cruises) or even less if you cruise in a junior suite

Not true. It is 150 days OR 15 cruise credits.

Oh no Davey you changed your avatar. That is one of the funniest movies. But you have to watch it with the English subtitles.:D

Someone recognized Landlady! I'm so pleased. There's a sequel in the works, too.

I dont care what Princess is now doing! The second they have ships like RCCL maybe ill care!

Do Royal Caribbean ships have MUTS? No. They do not. Neener.

Not true. It is 150 days OR 15 cruise credits.

And if you book in a suite, one cruise counts as 2 cruise credits. So Princess Elite status can be achieved quickly if you book this type of cabin.

It is interesting to read about RCL. I came over to this board because of the people posting in the Princess forum that had cancelled their RCL cruises because they lost some Diamond perks. So I wanted to find out more. As you can see, I am a loyal Princess customer. And now that I am Elite, it will be hard to give up my status and cruise on another line. Princess has treated me well. But you never know -- someday I might try RCL!

Have you ever sailed on Princess, Chris? I bet if that's the only line you sailed on and enjoyed, you would be a cheerleader over on the Princess boards. ;)

?

Don't see a Princess Cruise on your list so I guess you are not making much of a point. Try a Ship like the Emerald or the new Ruby before you compare something to nothing.

Don't see a Princess Cruise on your list so I guess you are not making much of a point. Try a Ship like the Emerald or the new Ruby before you compare something to nothing.

I enjoy the ice rinks, royal promenade, in line skating ect. Princess cant give me that! :D

Archived