~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

So I recommend one on that deck....

Deck 3 "Lower Promenade" ? That's what I was looking at, my wife wouldn't go for an Inside at all !

That's right.....with the larger cabins being one deck down, Main Deck.:)

I don't think I could handle an inside either....especially since I suffer from claustrophobia.:eek:

PTCruizin- I'm still lurking and waiting to see what the pricing will be. When I see your posts, for a second I think it's mine! :D

http://www.cafepress.com is the website we have always used for personalized T-shirts. You send them the picture and info and they set up your "store". I believe that person will get a free T shirt for their trouble. Then everyone can purchase whatever they want; long or short sleeve, caps, sweatshirts, etc. etc. They are not cheap but they are excellent quality and make a long lasting souvenir.

th_HappyMemorialDay.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.

Vada

PTCruizin- I'm still lurking and waiting to see what the pricing will be. When I see your posts, for a second I think it's mine! :D

www.cafepress.com is the website we have always used for personalized T-shirts. You send them the picture and info and they set up your "store". I believe that person will get a free T shirt for their trouble. Then everyone can purchase whatever they want; long or short sleeve, caps, sweatshirts, etc. etc. They are not cheap but they are excellent quality and make a long lasting souvenir.

th_HappyMemorialDay.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.

Vada

Hi Vada,

That's the company I was thinking of that gave you the choice of shirts.

Someone used a different company on the Yum Yum cruise and I believe the shirts had to all be the same.

PTCruizin- ... When I see your posts, for a second I think it's mine! :D...

Hi Vada --- same thoughts here when I've seen your posts!!!! :D

Linda - it's beautiful, great group effort but special thanks to you :):):).

I think you should pack the spoons, just in case....

Sean -- great suggestion to remove the word "Group"

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Donna

Thanks Donna. We have a new IKEA store here in Tampa and I think I will go over there and find the biggest wooden spoon I can find - for you know who ;)

Sean, it does look better without the word "group". :)

So during my morning Dog Park visit there was a bald eagle flying over head. It was really great to see one since we don't have many around here!

Made my day and of course I started thinking about this cruise :D

Thanks Donna. We have a new IKEA store here in Tampa and I think I will go over there and find the biggest wooden spoon I can find - for you know who ;)

Sean, it does look better without the word "group". :)

Yikes! I think I need to bring a helmet and shoulder pads for protection!:eek:

It would be hard to pack so I could just wear them on the plane. Plus, I would be easy to recognize in the check-in line at the port.

So during my morning Dog Park visit there was a bald eagle flying over head. It was really great to see one since we don't have many around here!

Made my day and of course I started thinking about this cruise :D

Funny you should say that. We had a couple of days with cooler air and rain here in Phoenix so I was "transported" to Seattle and built the excitement for my next cruise in August and ,of course, this cruise next year!

Funny you should say that. We had a couple of days with cooler air and rain here in Phoenix so I was "transported" to Seattle and built the excitement for my next cruise in August and ,of course, this cruise next year!

While we were busy on the banner yesterday the excitement was building for me :)

Just think, at this time next year we will be packing and getting ready to head out to Seattle! Will you be doing a pre-cruise?

I really don't think it is worth it. Not for double the price. It will be hard enough for me to pay for an outside.

This ship has a fantastic wraparound promenade to enjoy the sights from. So I recommend one on that deck. Another good choice is the larger cabins one deck down by the stairs so if you see a whale through your window , you can get up fast enough to the promenade to see more!

(This actually happenned to me on the similar Volendam!....and I got a picture of him)

Thats a good tip about the what deck to book on. Margie and I may be in steerage for this trip since we have some very pricey excursions planned. Hope we can do the outside!

The only HAL ship I have been on is the Oosterdam. Have you sailed on this class ship before and if so how did you like it?

While we were busy on the banner yesterday the excitement was building for me :)

Just think, at this time next year we will be packing and getting ready to head out to Seattle! Will you be doing a pre-cruise?

Just an overnight stay in a Seattle hotel before the cruise.

Thats a good tip about the what deck to book on. Margie and I may be in steerage for this trip since we have some very pricey excursions planned. Hope we can do the outside!

The only HAL ship I have been on is the Oosterdam. Have you sailed on this class ship before and if so how did you like it?

Yes, I have sailed on the Amterdam before. It is more "ship-like" than the newer,bigger ships. More old-fashioned. The Amsterdam and Rotterdam are considered the twin flagships of the HAL fleet, so they are very well decorated. I hope you will take the time on board to explore the art and the antiques it holds.

I still consider the Amsterdam the most beautiful of all HAL ships. Very elegant and classy!

Yes, I have sailed on the Amterdam before. It is more "ship-like" than the newer,bigger ships. More old-fashioned. The Amsterdam and Rotterdam are considered the twin flagships of the HAL fleet, so they are very well decorated. I hope you will take the time on board to explore the art and the antiques it holds.

I still consider the Amsterdam the most beautiful of all HAL ships. Very elegant and classy!

It sounds beautiful and I will definitely take the time to check out the art and antiques :D

The Amsterdam sounds like a wonderful ship to spend 14 nights on!

It sounds beautiful and I will definitely take the time to check out the art and antiques :D

The Amsterdam sounds like a wonderful ship to spend 14 nights on!

Yes, the smaller size of the ship is in itself a luxury. I also am not sure a larger ship could sail into Cook inlet....... that may be why it was chosen for the 2 week cruises.

Y

I've been lucky enough to cruise on the Amsterdam twice, however it is still the only Hal ship I've been on.

It is my favorite ship of all the cruise lines. Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see her again.

I've been lucky enough to cruise on the Amsterdam twice, however it is still the only Hal ship I've been on.

It is my favorite ship of all the cruise lines. Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see her again.

Any tips on cabin locations? I guess on this size ship it doesn't matter much - huh?

Some of the aft decks look like they would be perfect for glacier viewing. Are there doors back there to access them? We took advantage of one on the Island Princess :)

Any tips on cabin locations? I guess on this size ship it doesn't matter much - huh?

Some of the aft decks look like they would be perfect for glacier viewing. Are there doors back there to access them? We took advantage of one on the Island Princess :)

If I remember correctly, the main deck and the deck above it have a place aft for viewing. There is a door back there on the main deck with stairs to some decks above.

When I sat out on the main deck aft, it was incredibly noisy. Our cabin was the last outside cabin on that deck and the vibrations were really bad. Those in the inside cabins near us said they didn't feel the vibrations.

It didn't ruin my cruise. I still had a great time.

If I remember correctly, the main deck and the deck above it have a place aft for viewing. There is a door back there on the main deck with stairs to some decks above.

When I sat out on the main deck aft, it was incredibly noisy. Our cabin was the last outside cabin on that deck and the vibrations were really bad. Those in the inside cabins near us said they didn't feel the vibrations.

It didn't ruin my cruise. I still had a great time.

Thanks for the info! We had a mini suite on the Island but sometimes found it so windy on the balcony that we used the aft deck just down the hall for another viewing option. It was actually so warm back there - out of the wind that we took a nap in the lounge chairs :)

Yes, I have sailed on the Amterdam before. It is more "ship-like" than the newer,bigger ships. More old-fashioned. The Amsterdam and Rotterdam are considered the twin flagships of the HAL fleet, so they are very well decorated. I hope you will take the time on board to explore the art and the antiques it holds. I still consider the Amsterdam the most beautiful of all HAL ships. Very elegant and classy!

Sean- You are making it very difficult to wait a whole year!! ;)

Vada :cool:

Thanks for the info! We had a mini suite on the Island but sometimes found it so windy on the balcony that we used the aft deck just down the hall for another viewing option. It was actually so warm back there - out of the wind that we took a nap in the lounge chairs :)

The aft on Emerald Deck? That is the hot tip, isn't it?

We had a balcony on Emerald and it was too windy too. But that aft spot was a little slice of heaven.:D

The Island is one of my favorite Princess ships. Just the right size.

The aft on Emerald Deck? That is the hot tip, isn't it?

We had a balcony on Emerald and it was too windy too. But that aft spot was a little slice of heaven.:D

The Island is one of my favorite Princess ships. Just the right size.

We were in D707 on the Dolphin Deck and our friends were in D709. It was great having a covered balcony and the aft deck when it was too windy :)

I really liked the Island Princess too!

Archived