Diamond member's i received a call from mr. Goldstein's office

To all our Diamond Member's:

I like many of you was dismayed, at RCI changes to Diamond Members, I sent letters to Mr. Goldstein's office and other key RCI staff.

On Friday, April 24, I received a call from Mr Goldstein's office, asking if I was aware of the updates to the Diamond program, I advised I was. She proceeded to explain some of the changes, and was very pleasent.

Before closing, I advised her I was still not happy with the new program, made some suggestions. We cruise every year from San Juan, so the ship's with special Diamond Lounges, are no benefit to us, and while we do appreciate the new benefits, they still do not provide enough of an incentive for us to book exclusively with RCI in the future. I would wait so see if RCI revises it's program, before booking, as we usually book in April for February sailing.

I was advised, she would foward my recommedations, and there could possibly be changes to the program.

So my suggestion, is to continue to contact Mr. Goldstein's office, preferably by mail. Perhaps........... if we continue to voice our displeasure, together, we can sent them a clear message.

To all our Diamond Member's: ...

Before closing, I advised her I was still not happy with the new program, made some suggestions. We cruise every year from San Juan, so the ship's with special Diamond Lounges, are no benefit to us, and while we do appreciate the new benefits, they still do not provide enough of an incentive for us to book exclusively with RCI in the future. ...

I am missing something here...could you explain why special diamond lounges are of no benefit to you?...because you sail from San Juan???

Thanks

I also received a phone call and and email to my letter I sent to RCCL and Adam Goldstein. What they said to me was we appreciate your sailing and being a loyal customer with RCCL and I am only a short distance away to Diamond Plus level and new perks to look forward to. I told him I felt bad about the way that was said to me, I am not looking forward to my Diamond Plus, I am concerned about my perks as a Diamond member. Sounded more like a courtesy call.....

I wonder how they decide on who to call. i mailed letters to all the important offices when diamond changes came out but other than the standard letter everyone received i did not get anything. i never even received an email of the original changes and then nothing of the update.

all information i received was from this board. i would be very upset if we found out about the changes on board the ship.

So my suggestion, is to continue to contact Mr. Goldstein's office, preferably by mail. Perhaps........... if we continue to voice our displeasure, together, we can sent them a clear message.

It works two ways you know....

I contacted Mr. Goldstein via email to say how happy i am that there will be no more over crowding of the CL. As a D+ I appreciate the recognition and having to be crowded out of the CL and how easy it is to make diamond. I got a lovely response from his office.

I contacted Mr. Goldstein via email to say how happy i am that there will be no more over crowding of the CL. As a D+ I appreciate the recognition and having to be crowded out of the CL and how easy it is to make diamond. I got a lovely response from his office.

That's OK. D+ will be the next to go and then let's see what kind of letter you send.:D

Last week I also sent an email to Mr. Goldstein, praising RCCL for their innovation, staff and overall product, letting him know that I've never had a bad experience and love what they have to offer. I thought he might appreciate a word of praise in light of other recent emails offering only complaints. I told him that my Enchantment cruise in September will bring me to the Diamond level and, while I look forward to finally attaining that level and intend to give RCCL my continued loyalty (with or without the C & A program), I don't cruise specifically for those perks. I, too, received a nice response from his office.

I also received a phone call and and email to my letter I sent to RCCL and Adam Goldstein. What they said to me was we appreciate your sailing and being a loyal customer with RCCL and I am only a short distance away to Diamond Plus level and new perks to look forward to. I told him I felt bad about the way that was said to me, I am not looking forward to my Diamond Plus, I am concerned about my perks as a Diamond member. Sounded more like a courtesy call.....

Wow my husband was told the same thing when he called C&A ( we are 21 credits) he said, what difference since they will probably change Diamond Plus.

You'r forgeting one important thing, YOU were Diamond at one time crowding the DIAMOND PLUS members out of the CL! :D

But won't that change Sep 1? :confused: I thought all ships would have a Diamond Happy Hour every night. :cool:

No mixed drinks from the way I understand it. Guess I need to figure out how to smuggle 7 big bottles of Jack on with me...one per night:D

Next cruise it should be no change for me...I guess Oasis and Voyager we will check out the Diamond happy hour lounge.

No mixed drinks from the way I understand it. Guess I need to figure out how to smuggle 7 big bottles of Jack on with me...one per night:D

Next cruise it should be no change for me...I guess Oasis and Voyager we will check out the Diamond happy hour lounge.

Dave,

I bet you could smuggle a couple of the bottles in the horns ;)

Don't know if you got any of this much needed rain, but my brother is a happy cattle owner right now. With the rains the past week he is keeping most of his herd instead of taking them to market. He just wishes he got as much rain in Lockart as Giddings did.

True story?? Sounds more like a troll stirring the pot to me. Amazing how many that claim to be D+ only joined CC this month.

To all our Diamond Member's:

I like many of you was dismayed, at RCI changes to Diamond Members, I sent letters to Mr. Goldstein's office and other key RCI staff.

On Friday, April 24, I received a call from Mr Goldstein's office, asking if I was aware of the updates to the Diamond program, I advised I was. She proceeded to explain some of the changes, and was very pleasent.

Before closing, I advised her I was still not happy with the new program, made some suggestions. We cruise every year from San Juan, so the ship's with special Diamond Lounges, are no benefit to us, and while we do appreciate the new benefits, they still do not provide enough of an incentive for us to book exclusively with RCI in the future. I would wait so see if RCI revises it's program, before booking, as we usually book in April for February sailing.

I was advised, she would foward my recommedations, and there could possibly be changes to the program.

I wish that I had been called. I wrote a snail mail letter To Mr Fain and Mr Goldstein. I did not get a call. I did get a canned letter that did not address any of my concerns or questions. I doubt that anyone took the time to read it ( very poor customer relations). I'm smart enough to realize that these letters are not opened or read by Mr Fain or Mr Goldstein,but I would expect more from their assistants who assigned to this task to reply with more than a canned letter. This arrogant attitude has further changed my attitude toward Rccl. As a result I have cancelled my cruise on the AOS. When they decide that long standing customers matter, then maybe I will reconsider. Not only have they lost that booking , but also 12 others who will be sailing with me. I would expect a little more respect from Rccl than what they have shown lately. I am truely and deeply disappointed.:(:(:(

Wow my husband was told the same thing when he called C&A ( we are 21 credits) he said, what difference since they will probably change Diamond Plus.

Take 2 shorty cruises to Bermuda in a JS, and get that D+ pronto!! :D:D

As a Plusser (newly minted!:D) I am quite aware that this will, in all probability, be withdrawn eventually.

I will just enjoy it while it lasts. Nothing is forever - especially Corporate Programmes. When it happens, we will be very happy to use the Diamond facility in the evening - free wine and champers is still very nice and still much better than other cruiselines programmes!!!

The situation in the CL was ridiculous and I quite understand that in these difficult economic times that RCCL has to rein-in on the freebies!! Simple as that!! We have lost quite a bit of money on the obc's - and as a shareholder, lost money there also!! But that's life - and got to get on with it!!

They have come up with a compromise that should satisfy (if not please!) most Diamonds - but of course, there will always be those who cannot compromise. Especially when it comes to free drinks:D:D!!

The CL is hardly used during the day - and for those very few who do use it then, it will be a definite loss. But for the majority - a good compromise IMHO!!

If it were not for Cruise Critics we would not even know of the changes to our Diamond benefits. We did not receive any letter at all and we own 200 shares of stock. I am glad we have CC here to stay informed. It is disappointing to lose the combined obc benefits and the CL even though they made concessions.

I never thought I would try Princess again but we did book with them yesterday for our Dec. cruise. The dates and price were a better fit. We love RC and intend to keep cruisiing with them but at this point we are no longer pushing to get to D+ asap since they will most likely take those additional benefits away too.

They really should have insured that everyone was informed by mail or email of the changes. It does indeed make me think they just don't care sigh...

While prior to 1998 Or 1997 - memory is shot), I only sailed on ships that had the cheapest price and when I had the opportunity to go on an inaugural cruise for the travel industry employees - I feel in love with the Voyager and have stayed with Royal Caribbean ever since. Took a couple Celebrity cruises but my loyalty is with RCCL.

Originally Posted by piercetc4 View Post

i think she means there are no diamond lounges on ships sailing from san juan at the moment-

But won't that change Sep 1? I thought all ships would have a Diamond Happy Hour every night.

__________________they will have the diamond happy hour but only freedom class ships and oasis class ships have a specific diamond lounge-

i am wondering if the diamond lounge will serve more than wine and champagne from 5:30 -8 each night -

red- hope that makes sense? :)

Archived