VeenDam arrived in Ft. Lauderdale after her drydock!!

Hflors

Just thought I would pass this along. According to my wonderful Sister and Brother-in-law who are boarding her tomorrow The Veendam arrived in Ft. Lauderdale today. They said they could see her from their hotel (they are on the 10th floor) They said she looks "beautiful" and they can't wait to board her tomorrow!

So to all who are ready to cruise on her (you lucky dogs) she is out of drydock and in Ft Lauderdale waiting for you!

Hope everyone booked on her has a wonderful cruise

Helen

Condemned the lanai cabins

bickered over whether the doors are sliding or not

worried about hypotheticals of getting locked out of your lanai door

whipped ourselves into a frenzy over potential chairhogs staking out chairs by the lanai cabins

worried since the lanai cabins were installed,there would be NO more deck chairs or walking on the promenade deck.

Onto the retreat

worried we'd have no place to cool off

worried there would be too many kids back there

worried the chairhogs would arrive at 4:17 am every morning

worried the band would be too loud.

worried the band would only play rap

the ship will probably be empty,

270288_E3905.jpg

They must have spotted the Prinsendam and not the Veendam. The Prinsendam was untill a half hour ago at Pier 29. She was the only dam ship in port. It is my understanding that the Veendam will arrive in Port Everglades at about 2AM this morning.

The screen was very bright, I was watching it as she passed. Some type of underwater adventure show on. :D

Good looking ship at night.

The Princendam left just an hour or so before.

The screen was very bright, I was watching it as she passed. Some type of underwater adventure show on. :D

Good looking ship at night.

The Princendam left just an hour or so before.

Did you happen to get a pic of Prinsendam departing on her 20-day transatlantic + Med cruise?

Once again, InletCam to the rescue!

:D

Veendam arrived just before midnight Thursday - now Friday here.

I managed a shot.

veendam.jpg

Thanks for the "correct" info. Sorry, my sister and Brother-in- law called me from their hotel room in Ft Lauderdale and they were soooo excited to see what they thought was Veendam yesterday. They are going to be shocked when they wake up and see a different ship from their window this morning!

Anyway hope all of you about to board her will have a wonderful trip!

Helen

OMG!! What have they done to my beautiful Veendam.

The aft now looks so ugly - looks like a Royal Caribbean ship now.

Mee Too

My first thoughts exactly! Why didnt' they just extend the dining room to match the upper deck!! Who cam up with that blight of an idea??????

Mee Too

My first thoughts exactly! Why didnt' they just extend the dining room to match the upper deck!! Who cam up with that blight of an idea??????[/quote]

Probably the same bean counters who decided to eliminate all the trays in the Lido!!!

OMG!! What have they done to my beautiful Veendam.

The aft now looks so ugly

Urgh, I agree! Those two overhanging decks spoil the ship's lines. Why didn't they also change the dinining room windows to be flush with the rest even i fit makes it more boxy? It really look like something that was bought at Home Depot and was just plopped on the stern.

OMG!! What have they done to my beautiful Veendam. The aft now looks so ugly - looks like a Royal Caribbean ship now.

Mee Too

My first thoughts exactly! Why didnt' they just extend the dining room to match the upper deck!! Who cam up with that blight of an idea??????

Urgh, I agree! Those two overhanging decks spoil the ship's lines. Why didn't they also change the dinining room windows to be flush with the rest even i fit makes it more boxy? It really look like something that was bought at Home Depot and was just plopped on the stern.
Make that four votes against the look! Grotesque! :eek:

First impressions of the Zuiderdam were not to good either. You don't hear them anymore. I think that if there are problems with the way the VEENDAM currently looks you might see some refinements on the other ships that are undergoing this transformation.

First impressions of the Zuiderdam were not to good either. You don't hear them anymore. I think that if there are problems with the way the VEENDAM currently looks you might see some refinements on the other ships that are undergoing this transformation.

With the Zuiderdam it was a change from a stepped/sloping stern to a more boxy stern. I actually did not have much of a problem with that change. The Veendam stern now looks weird, sloppy and unfinished.

Did they put in a new A/C system?? That should have been priority #1 for this ship IMHO!!

That's what I wrote and asked them several months ago..and they said NO! They would not acknowledge that there was/is a problem. So it's a good ship for Alaska, I wouldn't chance it again for a southern route.

Archived