Asked to speak at RCCL event

The Royal Champions are being replaced by Mary Kay representatives!!:D

Congratulations to all that received an invitation. I don't think that they would look to me......although we have travelled almost everywhere that RCCL cruises.........except down under.....Australia and New Zealand. That is coming up!!:)

Rick

My husband got a call today asking for to switch to MTD - he said cancel the cruise if we couldn't get main dining.

It is for the Oasis December 1 cruise. He said Amanda came on pretty strong.

This cruise will make us Diamond Plus ... we don't get any of the regular emails only calls trying to take away the features we enjoy.

I am D+ and did get the email. Of the places listed we are going to Alaska for the 9th time in a couple weeks so we know a little bit about that destination. I guess now I wait to see if they call.

I don't know how many Seattle's Best locations there are around the country but they are actually a division of Starbuck's.

I just got a call last night to speak in SF on July 11th. I doubt I will, but it made for a lot of laughs... I was actually talking about cruises to a couple girlfriends (who don't understand the passion!) when RC called...I said, "See, they want me as much as I want them!"

It was really funny...but it just might have been the mojitos!:D

4001649_25103614e1.jpg

avon2.167160818_std.jpg

44-fuller-brush-man.jpg

:D :D

I received the email as well. I don't really have much to say about Alaska...it was very cold when we sailed. And the snow was about 6 feet above the top of the train in Skagway. We haven't sailed to their other locations. It does sound like a tupperware party.

Who are these people that are going to be in the audience? I didn't check out their locations, but that's okay. I'm not really interested. :)

Here's the email, for everyone that is curious...

"As a Crown & Anchor Society member, you've had many unforgettable cruising experiences with us–memories you love sharing with friends and family. We'd like to invite you to now share those stories with others who also love traveling, but have never been on a cruise.

We would be honored to have you speak at an upcoming event in your area.

From June 17 through July 26, 2009, Royal Caribbean International® is hosting hour-long Coffee, Cruising, & Conversation events with our partner Seattle's Best Coffee at select café locations across the country. We believe your travel stories would make this program very successful.

With everything you've discovered throughout your travels, you've undoubtedly become one of the most experienced and credible travelers to talk about cruising to great destinations. Our focus will be on Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Alaska, Europe and the Baltics, the Mediterranean, and South America. In your own words, you would share your adventures for 15-20 minutes to the delight of approximately 30 guests. Along with your presentation, a Seattle's Best Coffee barista would educate the audience with intriguing coffee–tasting techniques.

To make structuring your presentation fun and easy, we would send you all the materials you need to create it in your own words. An event emcee would also be there to serve as your facilitator, and a Royal Caribbean employee may join you as well.

A Royal Caribbean representative may call you in the coming days to see if you're interested in speaking on our behalf. It's up to you, of course, but we'd love to have you share your stories.

Thank you for your consideration.

—Your friends at Royal Caribbean International®"

:D:):D

Well, since the tour isn't coming here I guess I will just continue to drive my friends and family nuts listening to me talk about cruising. Congrats to those who were asked to speak; look forward to hearing how the events were received in your communities.

Kathy:)

I am laughing at the part that says that the barista will be talking about "intriguing coffee–tasting techniques"

Is there more than one way to physically drink coffee? ;) Who knew? :eek:

Congrats on the email invite! Enjoy! :D

SquidChomping_TolWeb.jpg

I received the call today. The events will take place is a limited number of states. Of those I can remember... Washington, Oregon, California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Texas. Also DC. They will be at Seattle's Best location and Borders Books will SBC's inside. D/W and I are scheduled to speak at one next month.

I received the call today. The events will take place is a limited number of states. Of those I can remember... Washington, Oregon, California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Texas. Also DC. They will be at Seattle's Best location and Borders Books will SBC's inside. D/W and I are scheduled to speak at one next month.

Do you know what department is handling the calls?

I got the e-mail but not the call..yet! I haven't been home though. I'll check my home phone tomorrow.

Should be interesting to do. It will be nice to share our cruise stories.:)

Do you know what department is handling the calls?

I do not but I would not be surprised to find that it is an outside promotions company. I am suppose to get a confirmation by email tomorrow. I will see what kind of email address it comes from.

I received a call today asking me or my husband to speak at a Borders in July about our exotic cruises. Australia, New Zealand or our Russian, Baltic cruises.

It was not from the crown and anchor rep, but a marketing department from Royal Caribbean. I asked what the incentive would be and was told a coffee table book about Royal Caribbean. I don't think I will be doing this since the people in marketing receive a salary and I don't need a coffee table book. I used to love talking about our experiences with RCL but we're still bummed about the reduced benefits for diamond members, though we're very close to diamond plus. I don't think they'd want me to comment on some of their recent policies. We live in a small town in Illinois and she told me we were the only couple in our area being asked. I told her I'd get back to her, but my husband said "no way".

She also said coffee would be served. I don't drink coffee, so not of interest to me.

... We live in a small town in Illinois and she told me we were the only couple in our area being asked...

I guess I'm your replacement! We've been on a cruise since the 20th so I'm not sure when they called, but we got home today to a message on our answering machine asking us to call RCCL about attending an event. I called to find out that the coffee chat is what they were calling about. Someone else has also accepted to speak at the Borders in Crystal Lake, so they are looking at more than one northern IL location for the chats...

I am doing the one in Mt. Prospect Il at the Borders store. Date is June 25. Got the call yesterday.

That's great! They wanted me to switch to that location for some reason, but I'm glad you are doing it!

Archived