Unexpected Loyalty Gift

I hope those shoulder bags are not just for Freedom class ships. I'm sailing on Rhapsody in two weeks and I'd love a shoulder bag to go with my tote bag. My husband and I loved those totes.

LadyGodiva,

Which date will you and your dh be on the Rhapsody? We're there on June 12. Come on over and join our Roll Call if that is when you are leaving. We're looking for m&mer's.

does anyone know what the c & a gift is currently on the mariner? We're gold & sail on her this sunday. Looking forward to the coupon books & gift. After 6 ccl cruises, all we received was a gold colored sign & sail card as a thankyou! Love rccl!

hats

hats

hats

hats

;)

:D

How many cruises do you have to take before you get a gift? DH and I will be on our second RCCL cruise in a few days.

You should get the gift IF your C&A numbers are on your reservation. If they are not, get them there PRONTO! :)

We were on the Serenade May 2 repositioning to Alaska and we received the tote bags. I second the post about being one of the best gifts we have gotten to date. I love my makeup travel kit, took it with me on the cruise. Used the tote bags to carry our goodies bought on the ship.

We were just on the Monarch last week (5/18-5/23) and we got our canvas shoulder bags. They are so nice. Funny part is when we thanked our room steward and commented on how nice they were, he said they were sick of giving out the baseball caps. Too funny. I guess they were ready for a change too.

Erika

Hi there,

That was surely a nice loyalty gift. One of the nicest we received was a water bottle insulated cover which was great to keep your water cold, especially in the tropical heat.

Kim

like others have mentioned...anything is better than those ball caps

o.k. have to say this.

Maybe one of the reasons RCCL is doing away with the gifts is because of those who complain about them!

Seriously folks, we know RCCL reads these boards and if they see that people are not grateful for the gifts, of course, they will stop them.

So to all who have complained about the hats that you have received for FREE, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!

I know that's harsh, but I think it has to be said. Why not show a little gratitude for the perks we receive!

While in Manta, Ecuador folks were throwing them onto the pier and the guys unloading the tuna boat were grabbing them.................that's until RCI security made them stop.

Now that would be a great picture!!:D

o.k. have to say this.

Maybe one of the reasons RCCL is doing away with the gifts is because of those who complain about them!

Seriously folks, we know RCCL reads these boards and if they see that people are not grateful for the gifts, of course, they will stop them.

So to all who have complained about the hats that you have received for FREE, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!

I know that's harsh, but I think it has to be said. Why not show a little gratitude for the perks we receive!

While you make a valid point about complaining, I believe that most of the complaints aren't about the caps themselves, but the fact that one can accumulate so many of them without really trying. :D

We, too, had more hats than we could ever wear.....We gave our last ones to some first time RCCL sailors at our table. You'd have thought we gave them $100 bills!.....They were very excited to have something they couldn't even buy in the gift shop!

I like the idea of dropping them off the ship to waiting fishermen or ??? who really wanted them (and would use them)....but I understand why security made them stop!

MAYBE they have "run out" of the caps since they are ending the program July 1st. Wouldn't mind having a cap just for prosperity, but would rather have a small sholder bag! If they "accidently" forget mine, I WILL remind them and show the RCCL C&A card I kept from 2 years ago!

We will have 2 teens and 2 adults and this will be our 2nd RCCL cruise! We leave 2 weeks from Friday and I will let you know what we get!

Jacquelyn :D

I loved the bags we received recently on Serenade. They are much larger than the previous bags we were given on Mariner and Navigator. They are zippered and have an inside zip pocket too. Large enough to fit lots in, handles that go over your shoulder or can be carried in the hand and a good dark lining that won't show the dirt.

I used one yesterday to go to cricket as our seat cushions fit in them. Very useful. Thank you RCCL.

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. I too, believe RCCL reads these boards and that is one reason I felt they needed a Thank You. We have cruised 6 times(and ready to go again) and have never been disapointed with any of the gifts. If you stop and think, they really don't have to give you anything.

So, Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On our April Enchantment cruise, I'm sad to report there were no gifts for returning passengers. :( The gifts were never anything to write home about, but a nice gesture.

I have to agree with Yogimax - You thank the giver and go on. Some folks handle it rather nicely - passing them on to first time cruisers. You can take it into port and give it to someone. You don't have to take it home.

I do have to agree with others here. I don't as much as many here, but have enough baseball hats to last years. We do have a small boat and DH has lost a few when out on the lake so we keep a few there!

Maybe with the program ending soon they are trying to clean out their stock of old gifts??? Or, they don't have any left and trying to make up for it???

I do appreciate the gifts and hope we get one of those tote bags in August when we are on the Mariner :D.

We just returned from a 5 day Bermuda cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. We are Gold members and this is our second sailing with RCCL. My husband and I were totally surprised and delighted (had no idea we would receive any cabin gift) to see the two large canvas zippered shoulder totes on our queen bed one night. We always enjoy practical gifts that we can actually use in our daily life as well as travel adventures. Now I can use it as my library book bag and beach bag at home. Very nice! :)

Tara & Gerard & Milo

We just got those great tote/beach bags on Monarch. Really nice. Actually took it to the beach yesterday when we got off the ship. Made really good and they are big. Very surprised and please when we saw those great bags in our cabin this weekend.

Archived