Ultimate kids card??

RBAlbany

Most have reported that the ultimate card is for under 21 years old. But a few adults have been able to purchase it, but only a very few have reported being able to.

This card can be purchased for anyone. The age limit is 98 years old. This being a quote of from an ad they had when I got on CB 2 weeks ago.

I have bought a soda card on both my cruises and I find they are not very clear on what you can get with it. This time I saw the ultimate card and saw kids with lovely looking cocktails and what looked like pink smoothies . I thought next cruise I will get one as I don't drink much alcohol . I will be on a 14 day cruise . Can someone put a list on here of what you get on an ordinary soda card ( I know you can have coke , lemonade , shirley temple , ginger ale , ) but what is a roy rogers , never heard of it . Also a list of what you can get with the ultimate card and what some of these drinks are as I saw them and thought they looked nice but have no idea what to ask for and if I would even like them.

A Roy Rogers is Coke and grenadine. A Shirley Temple is Sprite and grenadine. The pink drinks you saw were virgin strawberry daiquiris. My DD drank them by the gallon. As soon as she walked into the wheelhouse they brought her one.

A Roy Rogers is Coke and grenadine. A Shirley Temple is Sprite and grenadine. The pink drinks you saw were virgin strawberry daiquiris. My DD drank them by the gallon. As soon as she walked into the wheelhouse they brought her one.

I love them, but they are soooooooooooooooo fattening. :(

They sound nice , can anyone describe the other drinks you can get on the ultimate card as I don't drink alcohol so it would be a good bet for me. I saw one that looked like a fruit punch . The trouble is that your sitting there watching the world go by and you see all these nice looking drinks but you don't know what to ask for or what they taste like. like shirley temple but I don't like the sound of roy rogers.

This card can be purchased for anyone. The age limit is 98 years old. This being a quote of from an ad they had when I got on CB 2 weeks ago.

They must have opened it to to everyone recently then. As when it began, it was for those under 21 ONLY!

I love them, but they are soooooooooooooooo fattening. :(

There are no calories on vacation. Honest. Those drinks are actually to sweet for me, but it is fun to watch the kids.

Someone on this thread posted the soft serve is "nasty". Can anyone else give an opinion on it please?

I just got off the CB on Friday, the soft serve is nasty! We were 7 people, 2 of us thought it was nasty...

They must have opened it to to everyone recently then. As when it began, it was for those under 21 ONLY!

I just came back on Friday from the CB, the sign for the Ultimate Soda Card said for ages 2 -102!

It included unlimited fountain soda, shirley temples, mocktails, shakes, smoothies, all juices, hot chocolate....

I just came back on Friday from the CB, the sign for the Ultimate Soda Card said for ages 2 -102!

It included unlimited fountain soda, shirley temples, mocktails, shakes, smoothies, all juices, hot chocolate....

LOL, the number is increasing, it went from 98 (from another poster) to 102 (maybe the staff is having fun with this one). Well, good to know they now offer it to all ages, maybe they finally realized it isn't only the young kids that don't drink alcohol. Thanks!

I would also ask for clarification of what mocktails are available on the ultimate card.

I know that someone mentioned strawberry daquiris. Can you also get the virgin pina coladas and other fruit flavored virgin drinks? Are smoothies a totally different item from the virgin drinks?

My kids are 15 and 13 and love the virgin drinks...they would blow through the $75 easily.

I would also ask for clarification of what mocktails are available on the ultimate card.

I know that someone mentioned strawberry daquiris. Can you also get the virgin pina coladas and other fruit flavored virgin drinks? Are smoothies a totally different item from the virgin drinks?

My kids are 15 and 13 and love the virgin drinks...they would blow through the $75 easily.

Yes to the virgin coladas. I believe that people are referring to smoothies as the daiquiri and colada. I know I do.

Where on board did you purchase the ultimate card? I asked about it on the CB during the May repo cruise and was told it was no longer available. Leaving this Sunday on the CB with the kids and want to buy it for them, it will save me in the long run. Glad to hear it's back!!

Where on board did you purchase the ultimate card? I asked about it on the CB during the May repo cruise and was told it was no longer available. Leaving this Sunday on the CB with the kids and want to buy it for them, it will save me in the long run. Glad to hear it's back!!

I was on the May repo and they didn't have them. I didn't have my kids either. ;) I think this was the first sailing where they offered free ice cream so maybe they were in the process of revamping the ultimate card. For those of you who are questioning the difference between a smoothie and a virgin drink, the difference is you make a smoothie with real fruit and a virgin drink is just frozen cocktail mix. My son told me on his last cruise on CB in Nov 08 he was able to get a banana strawberry smoothie. They used real fruit. Also, a Roy Rogers tastes like cherry cola.

You could be right. I remember one of the bartenders asking another worker at the bar when it was opened up. But for know, atleast on CB its available for anyone. I guess it could be worth the 9.00 a day if you drink alot of those drinks.

They were selling it at the table where they sell the soda cards, outside the buffet by the elevators. It was so worth it!

We just got off the Golden. The Ultimate card was $7.50 per day plus gratuity. The only smoothie flavors they had were strawberry and strawberry banana. They were awfully sweet -- my kids got tired of them really fast. (one after just a few sips of his first and only one) Personally, I'd just go for the soda card.

I agree that the free ice milk at scoops is rather thin, but the kids did like that.

I understand that my life is already going to get so very expensive (beyon my imagination), I certainly can't afford to buy two cards for my wife. I guess she can drink water:-).

I know you were all kidding, just trying to have some fun back (I guess that happens at 3am).

Thanks so much for all your feedback.

I just have a couple clarifications:

*Does the 'regular' soda card allow juice/milk?

*Does the 'ultimate' card allow for juice/milk (oustide of meals)?

*Is it fair to say the only difference is the 'mocktails'?

Thanks again...

I understand that my life is already going to get so very expensive (beyon my imagination), I certainly can't afford to buy two cards for my wife. I guess she can drink water:-).

I know you were all kidding, just trying to have some fun back (I guess that happens at 3am).

Thanks so much for all your feedback.

I just have a couple clarifications:

*Does the 'regular' soda card allow juice/milk?

*Does the 'ultimate' card allow for juice/milk (oustide of meals)?

*Is it fair to say the only difference is the 'mocktails'?

Thanks again...

You just need to ask for milk from your waiter or at the buffet. Soda card has no bearing on milk. As for juice, no. Only at breakfast. Other times you pay for it. The ultimate card also did not affect juice and milk, it just covered mocktails/smoothies, unlimited fountain soda and unlimited soft serve ice cream. Perhaps hot chocolate too. Now that the soft serve has been eliminated (free if you really want to eat that ice milk stuff), it appears that there's not much incentive to buy it anymore.

For us, we received juice any time at no charge with the Ultimate card. For the hot chocolate - we got it at the International Cafe and they brewed it fresh with milk. My GS loved his morning cup of hot chocolate. He's also a big juice drinker and likes the variety kind, like cranberry so we got our money's worth that way. But like said, that was before they changed it so maybe things have changed.

Archived