"Agency issue"....???

Kween Karen

I sincerely hope everything works out OK with your reservation.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that this economy can cause bad

things to happen even to good agents. Most agents going out of business

are not trying to commit criminal acts, even when they resort to desperate moves like offering upfront discounts to generate cash flow -

they are hoping this will keep them afloat till things improve.

Sadly though, for them and their clients, a business turnaround may

not come in time, they close up shop and everybody suffers.

The only (reasonably) sure thing is to book direct with a PCC!

Please consider this for future bookings - sleepless nights are not worth

a few $$$.

Thanks so much to everyone for their support. I did, indeed, have a very restless night.

Today I have made several phone calls to my agency.....only to leave messages. I have emailed every department and person that I can think of.

The GOOD news is......the messages I hear on the phone sound current..the website is up and running and looks to be OPEN........that is as much information as I have right now.

Please keep the good energy flowing for me......and I will certainly keep you informed.

Colleyberry is correct.....usually when we worry about something it turns out to be nothing.......I am just hoping that THIS is USUALLY!

Follow what DBA told you, call asking for a "lead", as we had a problem last year with our agency here about returned money .... I was told just what DBA told you to do in a message left here on our phone .... not FUN to be on a Grand Voyage & they shut down for weekends!

We are all thinking of you .... take care!

Jean & Doug :)

[b

I think that once you make final payment, you are into penalty phase even though actual final payment due date is still in the future.

I don't believe making final payment changes the penalty date...I could be wrong...Does anyone have any more information about this.

I don't believe making final payment changes the penalty date...I could be wrong...Does anyone have any more information about this.

I'm interested in whether or not penalty starts at final payment regardless of actual due date and hope someone who has accurate, current info can answser.

I am always cautious about exact date I authorize final payment charge to our credit card to avoid penalty phase starting before required.

I'm interested in whether or not penalty starts at final payment regardless of actual due date and hope someone who has accurate, current info can answser.

I am always cautious about exact date I authorize final payment charge to our credit card to avoid penalty phase starting before required.

I don't think I've ever seen anything in HAL's writings putting the penalty date in any other terms than days from sailing.

Update: Got an email back from my TA.....he says he has "No idea why HAL would call and alarm me so! He says that on Friday when he left everything was fine and progressing through their business office. Said he would be right on it first thing Monday morning. At least they still exist!

Now I have something to take my mind of this........I have to go dance at a little local festival we have here called Allyn Days. I am in a clogging group and we are performing......a fun thing to occupy my mind! AND it is a sunny day.......makes it harder to worry! (HOWEVER.........I am!)

Karen, I hope this all works out, I'm relatively new to CC, and I enjoy your posts.

Theres a thread on the Cunard board where the op is concerned about being taken for a ride by the travel agency, since the credit card tranaction in the agencies, it's an interesting read and a lesson for all of us.

Relax, knowing that you have some protection from your credit card company.

In your case, I hope the agency issue is just a minor error. I hope things workout in your favour, an upgrade perhaps?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Monday will be here before you know it.

Karen--

Just caught up with this thread ... please keep us posted on what you learn. I find it unusual that HAL would phone a passenger if his/her agency is still operating in good standing.

Did you call and speak to a lead as Dutch suggested? His advice is right on ...

Carol in SC

Kween Karen,

Why do thing like this always seem to happen on Fridays or just before Holidays! I too hope it turns out to be "much ado about nothing".

What a lovely day for Allyn Days. I made many trips through Allyn and ate many meals at the old Allyn Inn and Leonard K's when we lived in the area. I do miss the Bremerton Ferry rides!

I'm with cp556. How many times have we all contacted HA reservations only to be told that we much go through our travel agent since we booked through our travel agent. It seems highly unusual that HA would choose to contact you directly. It's simply not their style.

Karen, I have everything crossed for you and hope your questions will all be answered positively in the morning. I hope you've danced so much you'll be tired enough to have a good night's sleep tonight and wake to good news. Colette

Have you tried completing your online check-in? Seems I've read that you can do that only after final payment... Hope the issue is a minor one.

This is very good advice. If you can complete (or even access) online check-in, HAL has your money, so you are basically OK.

I had another call from HAL a little after 6:00 this evening. The lady was very nice and said she was not working today but had come into the office and decided to call me because she could tell from the message I left her that I was worried.

The bad news is......my travel agency has NOT made the final payment for my cruise. They have had my money for well over a year. This is scary stuff. She talked to me a long time....told me to call the TA and let them know I am aware of this and to have them call her. I think I am in for a struggle here and am just hoping it isn't too hard of a one.

The good news is the HAL lady was very nice.

Sigh!!

The bad news is......my travel agency has NOT made the final payment for my cruise. They have had my money for well over a year. This is scary stuff. She talked to me a long time....told me to call the TA and let them know I am aware of this and to have them call her. I think I am in for a struggle here and am just hoping it isn't too hard of a one.
Karen, that is exactly what I speculated when you posted yesterday. The good news is that HAL alerted you with enough time to do something about it. You have at least 2 months before the World Voyage to sort this out. Your TA sounds cooperative & your cc company will support you. And HAL is on your side. All good signs going forward. I really hope this gets sorted out with minimal fuss. Stay positive & keep us posted. :):)

Archived