NEW DESIGN CHANGES planned for Solstice 4 and 5 ships!!

Rick-cruiser

:D If that's true, I am EXTREMELY grateful! Original rumors were that the 4th ship was going to be Celebrity Zodiac:eek:

I actually love the sound of Celebrity Silhouette. The only thing that I wonder about is that if this is true, than why did they name the Equinox's MDR Silhouette?

Actually, I could see this. Look at Infinity's observation lounge, named Constellation, or that all of the Solstice-class ships (so far) have a Solstice deck. If they like a name enough, I could see them using it again like that. I'm just being optimistic - bc I really love the name Celebrity Silhouette, too! :D it's so pretty.

Actually, I could see this. Look at Infinity's observation lounge, named Constellation, or that all of the Solstice-class ships (so far) have a Solstice deck. If they like a name enough, I could see them using it again like that. I'm just being optimistic - bc I really love the name Celebrity Silhouette, too! :D it's so pretty.

Will we lovingly refer to her as the Sillie?:D

I just realized I didn't even think of improvements for the 4th and 5th ships. Let's see...

-More closet space

-Better kids club/teen facilities...they weren't that great on Solstice, all the way forward and very narrow.

-A different DR design...I liked the Grand Epernay's look, but they basically repeated the exact same thing on Equinox. They could have been a little more creative. :p Maybe relocated to the aft, again? I liked the huge DR windows n the aft.

-A better X/funnel design...I think the X logo stands out a little bit better on Equinox, but it just doesn't have the same "look" as the older ships, I miss that.

Can you contrast the Golden princess with the Equinox( if that is the ship you were on)?

i do not believe it is not included in your list of cruises.

I've sailed 34 times and I think the Solstice was by far the best of the lot!

Not sure the Silhouette would fit in with the tradition of using astronomical terms?? Has a nice sound to it however.

Changes I would like to see on Ship #4 and #5:

--Cut the amount of grass by 50% and add teakwood decking and a few hot tubs.

--Add a wrap-around promenade deck.

--Drop Aqua class and make Blu another alternative dining area.

--Cabins are fine and too much closet space is a waste.

--Replace the Glass Blowing area with something different (I liked it on the Solstice, but perhaps something different on the other ships would be nice)

--Change the shape of Michaels club. "L" shape does not work well.

I really, really love these Solstice class ships!!:)

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Will we lovingly refer to her as the Sillie?:D

HaHaHaHa.....GOOD ONE !!!:D

Solly, Clipsy & Silly......!!!!:rolleyes: Almost sounds like the Mar=X= Bros.....

LOL

Cheers

;)

The most important thing I get from this announcement is that they will be building the 4th & 5th ships. Given the economic climate, and also the perceived stresses on RCI's balance sheet, I had been wondering if they would stop the class at just 3 ships. It's good news that they are going to build all 5.

I think if that's what they ultimately choose its not an easy ship's name to spell by the masses and that will likely leave a negative perception in the long run.

Also, Celebrity's rumor mill even from people supposedly in the know has always been terrible and mostly inaccurate...

We pack fairly light as cruise passengers go and there was virtually no room for clothes..you have to use the desk for clothes and hope that everything fits in the closet...other than that, the room was absolutely gorgeous! The ship was also spectacular...the lawn concept did not seem to be working as the people were using it as overflow seating for the glass show. My guess is that they will eliminate it on newer ships...and whatever happened to the T-Pool?

I'd like to see a slide/hand held shower head like they have on the Millie class.

Make the aft balconies a bit deeper and put an awning over part of them for privacy and shade.

Garry

Besides Carnival would never know what to do with such stylized beautiful designed things! LOL

That is just tacky!;)

I see that you are sailing on the Caribbean princess next month. We did the same itinerary on that ship last year. We enjoyed the cruise, and the ship.

Two issues caused by too many people were 1) We had to be at the evening show 45-60 minutes early to get a seat. This might also have been caused by anytime dining, and most people wanting to go to the early show. Saw people coming close to blows arguing over seats, and security had to be called.

2)Breakfast buffet was waaay over crowed, and nearly impossible to get a place to sit.

I don't mean to sound negative. It was a very nice cruise, and we came away saying we would definitely sail on Princess again, albeit on a smaller ship.

I hope you will contrast the two ships when you return.:)

That is just tacky!;)

I see that you are sailing on the Caribbean princess next month. We did the same itinerary on that ship last year. We enjoyed the cruise, and the ship.

Two issues caused by too many people were 1) We had to be at the evening show 45-60 minutes early to get a seat. This might also have been caused by anytime dining, and most people wanting to go to the early show. Saw people coming close to blows arguing over seats, and security had to be called.

2)Breakfast buffet was waaay over crowed, and nearly impossible to get a place to sit.

I don't mean to sound negative. It was a very nice cruise, and we came away saying we would definitely sail on Princess again, albeit on a smaller ship.

I hope you will contrast the two ships when you return.:)

Have you ever sailed on Solstice? We never encountered the problems you are referring to. Besides any comparison would be apple to oranges....IMHO.

I've sailed 34 times and I think the Solstice was by far the best of the lot!

Not sure the Silhouette would fit in with the tradition of using astronomical terms?? Has a nice sound to it however.

Changes I would like to see on Ship #4 and #5:

--Cut the amount of grass by 50% and add teakwood decking and a few hot tubs.

--Add a wrap-around promenade deck.

--Drop Aqua class and make Blu another alternative dining area.

--Cabins are fine and too much closet space is a waste.

--Replace the Glass Blowing area with something different (I liked it on the Solstice, but perhaps something different on the other ships would be nice)

--Change the shape of Michaels club. "L" shape does not work well.

I really, really love these Solstice class ships!!:)

Enjoy!

Kel:D

some of yours were among the ones I listed--they bear repeating--

the awkward L shaped bar area in Michaels--could easily we blocked off with glass (like on QM 2), be equiped with great air cleaner (like on Radiance clas ships) & be made into a small cigar & cognac bar for theose who indulge--seeing my DH & others relgated to smoking on the aft area--so windy-- next to the smelly grass was not very nice! That little area would be a great money maker for X too-- those fancy drinks that go with the cigars are all premium!

Does anyone know where the name Michael's Club came from it was originally a cigar bar--nicest was on Mercury from what I recall...

Have you ever sailed on Solstice? We never encountered the problems you are referring to. Besides any comparison would be apple to oranges....IMHO.

Have you sailed on Caribbean Princess?

Well it might be a discussion of what some ship designers are doing better than others, and the effect of certain amenities and things like "anytime" dining have on a cruise.

People compare ships and cruise lines on this site almost daily.:)

Have you sailed on Caribbean Princess?

Well it might be a discussion of what some ship designers are doing better than others, and the effect of certain amenities and things like "anytime" dining have on a cruise.

People compare ships and cruise lines on this site almost daily.:)

Yes, Caribbean Princess has about 1000 too many passengers sharing nowhere near enough public space. We didn't have so much trouble with the anytime dining on that ship, but the pool areas, the show lounge and the buffet were a total zoo, IMO.:(

When I thought design change, I went much bigger. Color me unrealistic if you must, but I think the biggest design flaw of the S-Class is the poor placement of the lifeboats. Maybe they'll address that in the next iteration.

I thought I'd miss the T-pool, but I really liked the atrium pool on Solstice. On the other hand, I'm a fan of the M-Class Persian Garden.

I like Silhouette. Then #5 could be Shadow.

I love the idea about cutting the lawn space down. If they put in the teakwood decking, some hot tubs, and lawn chairs, and made it an adult area, it would ease the pool crowding on sea days.

Also, enlarge the martini bar.

Besides those 2 small things, I love the Solstice.

Archived