New Elite perks...afternoon cocktails

der93711

I apologize for being behind the curve, but will we qualify for this elite benefit as Platinum members on Royal Caribbean, although we are sailing in a regular veranda cabin.

Thanks!

No... if you are Diamond on RCCL that translates to Elite status on Celebrity... then you get the perk....

How is the martini different?

It might be served in a plastic glass instead of a martini glass.RccL Had the same perk I think they called it the conceirge lounge for Diamond or Elite passengers.We had our own key to open the door.They served top shelf brands as i remmember.My martini was in a plastic glass with an olive on a tooth pick.We saved a lot of $$$ drinking out of a plastic glass.

We are going to be on the Infinity this November, and because of our Diamond status with RCI will enjoy Elite on Celebrity.

Will there be an Elite Lounge on the Infinity with the 4-6 free drinks??

And if so, which lounge do they use for that??

It might be served in a plastic glass instead of a martini glass.RccL Had the same perk I think they called it the conceirge lounge for Diamond or Elite passengers.We had our own key to open the door.They served top shelf brands as i remmember.My martini was in a plastic glass with an olive on a tooth pick.We saved a lot of $$$ drinking out of a plastic glass.

Wow... what ship was that on? We've been in a lot of RCCL CL lounges and have never had them serve us a drink in a plastic glass...

We are going to be on the Infinity this November, and because of our Diamond status with RCI will enjoy Elite on Celebrity.

Will there be an Elite Lounge on the Infinity with the 4-6 free drinks??

And if so, which lounge do they use for that??

The Lounge is called "Michael's Club".

Wow... what ship was that on? We've been in a lot of RCCL CL lounges and have never had them serve us a drink in a plastic glass...

Not to worry,:) they won't be serving them in plastic....it might

be a smaller size Martini, but I would bet you 2 regular size

drinks you won't be drinking out of plastic:D;)

Congrats to all who have main seating. For those of us who eat at the second seating this isn't much of a perk. Not complaining, just stating the obvious.

I had second seating, and I was there every day it was open. :)

Congrats to all who have main seating. For those of us who eat at the second seating this isn't much of a perk. Not complaining, just stating the obvious.

Understand you mean it isn't handy for Late Dining to have a drink right before dining, and it is for Main Dining, but as a Main Diner, I could complain (I know, you aren't 'complaining' about a freebee) that this time is right when I'm getting ready in my room and I only have time to step in for a quick drink. For you, you can step in after touring, or before you go get ready, and socialize and enjoy, while poor me, I have to 'rush in', push my way through all those Late Diners to gulp some cheap gin and run to the MDR so I can stand in line 15min waiting for a reserved seating table.

Either that, or both dining groups can enjoy a freebee, Mains having a drink before dining, Lates having a drink before getting ready. By the way, just as you do now, you can have a drink right before dinner at the Martini Bar.

Denny

Understand you mean it isn't handy for Late Dining to have a drink right before dining, and it is for Main Dining, but as a Main Diner, I could complain (I know, you aren't 'complaining' about a freebee) that this time is right when I'm getting ready in my room and I only have time to step in for a quick drink. For you, you can step in after touring, or before you go get ready, and socialize and enjoy, while poor me, I have to 'rush in', push my way through all those Late Diners to gulp some cheap gin and run to the MDR so I can stand in line 15min waiting for a reserved seating table.

Either that, or both dining groups can enjoy a freebee, Mains having a drink before dining, Lates having a drink before getting ready. By the way, just as you do now, you can have a drink right before dinner at the Martini Bar.

Denny

From what you are saying, it sounds like they won't get too big a crowd. I am sure that most Elites will go at least once (to check it out), but if it is inconvenient, they won't go too often. I guess it will depend on the lure of the freebie (and/or the social exchange).

Since my wife is Elite and I'm just the tag-along (won't be Elite until after my next cruise), while she is napping or in the spa, do you think I could use her seapass and convince them that my real name is Maureen? :)

Since my wife is Elite and I'm just the tag-along (won't be Elite until after my next cruise), while she is napping or in the spa, do you think I could use her seapass and convince them that my real name is Maureen? :)

If your wife is Elite than you are Elite. No need to swipe her seapass card just use yours.

That is just fine. By the way, what gin did they use for the martinis?

The gin was in a clear bottle without a lable. I spoke with the bartender, and he said the brand was "bathtub".;)

I switched to vodka.:)

When this news first came out, it was said it was for Elite and Suite passengers. Is it just strictly for Elite members?????

It's for Elite members and all suites except Sky Suite. Well, that's the way it was on our last cruise a week ago.

It's for Elite members and all suites except Sky Suite. Well' date=' that's the way it was on our last cruise a week ago.[/quote']

Getting kind of confusing on this issue. First press release said Elite and VIP (which was all those in PH/RS/CS) and then it said just Elite.

Guess we'll find out when we get on board.

People need to read the posts before they ask questions. The same questions are asked over and over when they have already been answered.

Ahhh...but that would be too logical;):eek::)

Archived