mattR

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM

6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin (1); White Toast (2); Wheat Toast (2); Rye Toast (2); Danish (1); Croissant (2); Blueberry Muffin (1); Bran Muffin (1); Bagel (1)

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toasted bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

Available from 12 noon until 10 PM:

Appetizers & Soups:

Bay shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce

Smoked Atlantic Salmon

French onion soup baked with Gruyere cheese

Soup of the day

Salads:

Mesclun Garden Greens

Chef salad - mixed greens, ham, salami, swiss cheese, turkey, hard boiled egg - choice of Italian or blue cheese dressing

Caesar salad - tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan - add bay shrimp or grilled chicken breast

Sandwiches & Burgers:

All are served with a choice of potato salad or potato chips

Triple decker club sandwich

Broiled California chicken breast sandwich on multi=grain bread with avocado & honey mustard sauce

Grilled tuna melt - tuna salad & Swiss cheese on rye bread with pickle spears

Thai Vegetarian wrap - eggplant, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts & cilantro rolled with rice & green curry sauce in a tomato tortilla

Steak sandwich - sirloin steak on sourdough bread sauteed with onion & bell pepper

All American Hamburger

Entrees:

Seared salmon steak - dill-lime fusion, broccoli florets, carrot batonnet & country mashed potatoes

Penne Primavera - tossed in marinara sauce with Italian roasted vegetables - add grilled chicken breast

Pizza:

margarita (tomato sauce & cheese)

Pepperoni

Vegetarian (mushroom & bell pepper)

Desserts:

Apple tart

Chocolate cake

Creme caramel surrounded in berry compote

Fruit jello

fruit salad

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

You must place your dinner order during the first half hour or hour the dining room is open for the evening but can select any time during dining room hours for it to be delivered to you.

You must place your dinner order during the first half hour or hour the dining room is open for the evening but can select any time during dining room hours for it to be delivered to you.

Is this new? We've never ordered ahead of time - we've always called during dinner hours.

No, it isn't new. As far as I know, it's been that way for years. If you wait to call and order dinner at 8:15, you may be disappointed. Order during the first half hour or hour and pick the time you want it delivered.

photos of room service food:

cheese of cheese & crackers: Selection of Assorted Cheese with Crackers

crackers of cheese & crackers: crackers from cheese plate

Bay Shrimp Cocktail: Bay Shrimp Cocktail

choose your fruit basket: choose your fruit basket

our fruit basket: our fruit basket

in-room breakfast: in-room breakfast

HAL secret, chocolate croissants (not on the menu!): chocolate croissants

ham omelet with sausage: ham omelet with sausage

in-room dining, as it comes: in-room dining

smoked Atlantic salmon: Smoked Atlantic Salmon

All-American hamburger: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cshym74/2333708194/

chocolate chip cookies & milk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cshym74/2333709238/

scrambled eggs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cshym74/2332882271/

Lots more food photos & cruise photos in my Flickr album; link below.

Happy Cruising! ;)

Oh, I've been reading it wrong. I thought people were saying you need to order half an hour before the dining room opens.

We generally order around 6:30, 6:45 or so, so like within the first hour they're open.

heathriel, someone did say 30 minutes prior to dining room opening. But as sometimes happens, that info was not correct.

That's why I try to look for the posts by CC'rs like sail7seas, RevNeal and others like them to give their response if possible. If not, then I do a search of the boards with key words. It really works!! I loves the searching:D

smoked Atlantic salmon: Smoked Atlantic Salmon

Happy Cruising! ;)

OMG!!! Chocolate croisants??? OK I know what I am ordering with my smoked salmon for our first breakfast on the veranda!!!

And dr1ice, your photos are beautiful!!

OMG!!! Chocolate croisants??? OK I know what I am ordering with my smoked salmon for our first breakfast on the veranda!!!

And dr1ice, your photos are beautiful!!

Just remember that this is a write-in order and can not be filled until the dining room opens -- considered a special request.

In my professional opinion as The Chocolate Goddess, the chocolate croissants are good, but not great. If fat, calories, or room in your tummy is a consideration, you can pass on them for better chocolate offerings later in the day. :D

Now, if the chocolate were a little less solid, a titch softer, then---eat well. :D

In my professional opinion as The Chocolate Goddess, the chocolate croissants are good, but not great. If fat, calories, or room in your tummy is a consideration, you can pass on them for better chocolate offerings later in the day. :D

Now, if the chocolate were a little less solid, a titch softer, then---eat well. :D

Hehehe, RuthC, Now you yourself know that if it is chocolate ya will eat it:D At least I will!!! A little chocolate croissant (or 3) in the morning will tide me over until I gets my next chocolate fix (wherever I can find it!!) Hehehe.

I gots lots of room for chocolate:D

cheese of cheese & crackers: Selection of Assorted Cheese with Crackers

crackers of cheese & crackers: crackers from cheese plate

Lots more food photos & cruise photos in my Flickr album; link below.

Happy Cruising! ;)

Loved your photos! I am a big fan of the cheese and crackers from room service! I am not a big eater, nor am I a big dessert eater, but the assorted cheese plate on HAL is the best! It varies from night to night, so never boring. Oftentimes I order it as my dessert or in my cabin. Now about those chocolate croissants.......even though I am not a big sweet fan, I love chocolate croissants. Your photo of them had my mouth watering! I can't wait to order them! Do you think you can get them in the main dining room also?

Archived