Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

If we stay at the new Cambria Suites, I got a fantastic deal, how far is it to get to a water taxi stop and how would we go about getting there. Thanks for the help.

The water taxi is under a 15 minute ride from Dania beach by taxi.

Edited by royalcruz

My question is about shuttle services.

Will need to get shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport to hotel at Lauderdale by the Sea, few days later shuttle back to port to go on Oasis.

Contacted SAS, received a reply they are too busy and are only going between FLL/Port of Miami.

Does anyone know of any other reliable shuttle services ?

Many thanks

Thanks for the taxi info royalcruz.

Now, I booked the Cambria Suites but my DH thinks he wants to stay closer to where the ships dock. I am now looking at the Hyatt pier66--Renaissance--or the Hilton marina. Which would you suggest and what restaurants and where are the wine stores in that area??????

In order to use my airline points to pay for our flights, we are flying into Miami for our cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on April 5, 2010. We will be flying back out of Ft. Lauderdale to come home.

We are flying into Miami on April 4th (1 day early), and we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Ft. Lauderdale.

Can anyone tell me the least expensive way for the 3 of us (me, DW, & DS). to get from Miami International Airport to the hotel?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the taxi info royalcruz.

Now, I booked the Cambria Suites but my DH thinks he wants to stay closer to where the ships dock. I am now looking at the Hyatt pier66--Renaissance--or the Hilton marina. Which would you suggest and what restaurants and where are the wine stores in that area??????

The Renaissance would be closer to any restaurants outside of the hotels. It is right by Bimini Boatyard and Bravo Italiano, both casual and good, and if you keep walking you will run into a dozen more within a half mile. The other hotels might be nicer properties, but not by much. The best wine store is Total Wine in Harbor Shops on Cordova Rd (south side of 17th St). You can also get wine at Walgreen's (closest), Publix, Winn-Dixie, Crown Liquor, and another liquor store just west of Cordova Rd.

Family likes Embassy Suites and was just wondering if there was plenty to do within walking distance with kids from this location. Thank you in advance!

You can go to the pool, eat at Carlos & Pepes next door, ride the water taxi (a good walk, but less than a mile), or take the Sun Trolley to the beach.

If you stay by the Hollywood LaQuinta or the other nearby hotels, you can walk to the movies at Oakwood, Dave & Busters arcade, Barnes & Noble, and TGI Fridays, and you'll be a short cab ride from Boomers arcade/puttputt/rollercoaster/go-carts.

Edited by royalcruz

We are flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Feb 19th and staying at the Hyatt Airport North the 19th and 20th and cruising on Feb 21st. When we return on Feb 28th we are taking the Amtrak from Fort Lauderdale to Sebring to visit some family.

My question is about transportation from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier and then from the pier to the Amtrak station. My husband travels with a medical scooter so we would need accessible transportation. Do I need to arrange this ahead of time or is such transportation available by a phone call? I like to have everything worked out ahead of time so there are no surprises so I would prefer to have these transportation issues prearranged. Any suggestions?

Mrs. Wheelie

We have ressies at the new Cambria suites in Dania Beach. We also have ressies at the new Crowne Plaza so trying to decide which one to stay at. Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood for each? Are they located in nice, safe areas? We will be staying for 3 nights pre cruise. Thanks.

Edited by Holly g

We are also staying at Embassy Suites. We would like to get down to see the beach if possible. How does the Sun Trolley work? Is is possible to walk? We have 4 children, the youngest will be 6 at the time. Thanks!

It would be a very long walk to the beach from the Embassy. The Sun Trolley only operates this route on Fri, Sat and Sun - Free on Fri and $.50 pp on Sat and Sun. You can pick it up at the Publix right behind the Embassy.

Hi, Does anyone have any information on the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port on Griffin Rd, Dania Beach, Fl? Understand it's a new hotel. Any information about the area would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi, Does anyone have any information on the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port on Griffin Rd, Dania Beach, Fl? Understand it's a new hotel. Any information about the area would be helpful.

Thanks

Wow, your countdown clocks sure take up alot of space.

Cruisin36,

Thanks so much for the information on the Sun Trolley. We will be in FLL in a Sunday, so it may work for us.

You might also just flag them down at the stop on the corner by the hotel on there way out of the shopping center. They have to stop for the stopsign anyway.

If you know how I can place them side by side I would appreciate your help as I have two more countdown clocks I am going to add.:D

LOL ScootsMom...

I would have to see the code, but those myspace counters are not designed to be compact. The nauticalcities one you are using is designed for a more compact look.

If you look at your code, you can actually decrease the size by adjusting the numbers that designate height and width.

Good luck and have great TIME ON THE HIGH SEAS!

Could use some help here, We are cc group cruise and a bunch of us meet the night before for dinner, so we need a place that can handle 30-40 people and is in walking distance of the Hyatt Place ft Lauderdale north. We are not looking for a chain but a good local restaurant. So-- looking for recommendations!