seating in theater

don24

theater seating  

137 members have voted

1. 1. theater seating

• couch style
    • movie theater style

Either... just so long as they don't reserve 20-30 seats in a GOOD section (like they tend to do) for Camp Carnival!! :rolleyes:

Tom

Well, they are small people! They couldn't very well put them in a crappy section where everything in front of them is taller than they are!

I pretty much always sit in the balcony, unless it's for the receptions. So far I love my balcony seats... except when there's a comedian looking for volunteers. We sat in the front row of the balcony right up by the stage. It was a much too exposed spot! ;)

Well, they are small people! They couldn't very well put them in a crappy section where everything in front of them is taller than they are!

I pretty much always sit in the balcony, unless it's for the receptions. So far I love my balcony seats... except when there's a comedian looking for volunteers. We sat in the front row of the balcony right up by the stage. It was a much too exposed spot! ;)

Sitting there, a comedian made a comment about having a view "right up my shorts" - which he didn't .. but that's the risk you take to be sure! My idea of "good seating" differs when it's a comedy act!!!

Tom

yup, now I know!

Hey Tom, we were wondering yesterday on another thread if you could enlighten us as to how you get into the owner's suite! I don't think anyone could just call up and request it, can they? It's a mystery we'd love your illuminating knowledge on!

yup, now I know!

Hey Tom, we were wondering yesterday on another thread if you could enlighten us as to how you get into the owner's suite! I don't think anyone could just call up and request it, can they? It's a mystery we'd love your illuminating knowledge on!

:) Take a look at post #18 on that thread. I finally saw it last night, and posted a bit of info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1049181

Tom

sorry ,bumping my poll back up:D

If the desire is to bring a thread "up", you need to be aware that "bumping" is prohibited. My suggestion (not that I have ever done this...:rolleyes:) would be to post something half way relevant to the thread... much "lower profile"! :cool:

Tom

If the desire is to bring a thread "up", you need to be aware that "bumping" is prohibited. My suggestion (not that I have ever done this...:rolleyes:) would be to post something half way relevant to the thread... much "lower profile"! :cool:

Tom

You sly dog.... I have to admit I've done this too. ;)

For just hubby and me, or even with friends, the couch seating is fine. But since I'm in a show lounge with lots of folks who might not appreciate my "personal space" as much as I do, theater seating is for me. I really hate it when people try to squeeze into inadequate space and encroach upon mine. The boundries emposed by theater seating makes me far more comfortable.

I hate it when they try to squeeze 6 or 7 people on a couch meant for 4. I would rather have theatre seating so I know I will have enough room to breathe without pushing someone on the floor. Other than that it really makes no difference to me.

Agree with you on this! At least each person has his OWN seat! :D

I've never had a problem with the couch seating. The little table there seems to designate ample space for two by it. Now if someone tried to squeeze in between me and the person sitting by the little table for them we would have a problem! :)

With the couch seating I can sit right next to my DW and put my arm around her while waiting for the show to star without a couple armrests in the way. I don't have a problem with the couch seating.

I prefer the couch style seating with the little table.... I have long legs and sometimes it's nice to be able adjust and move a little, plus I like taking a handbag with me around the ship, and it's nice to be able to put it down in between me and my mum.

I'm actually sad when I see non-couch style seating in the theatres :(

Anything without a pole or bar in the way .

A long as there is a half nekkid lady on the pole and the "bar" (I'll have another drink) is within reach I'm in.....:D:D:D

I'll go with salon (couch) seating.....

Archived