Printing Airline Boarding Pass While on Ship

az-cruiser

How do I print my airline boarding pass while i'm on the ship? i don't want to purchase an internet package, I will only need to use the internet for about 5 minutes the last day to print my boarding pass and check in.

I saw the cheapest package on the Breakaway was $59, isn't there another alternative ?

Thanks

When you say last day... do you mean "disembarkment day"? If yes, then you can check in on your phone (or borrow someone's) and then print the boarding passes at the airport kiosk?

If no, Internet Cafe is the only way and they may run specials for per day or per minute .... I sometimes just have a friend \ family check me in and head to the airport kiosk.

Edited by esm54687

How do I print my airline boarding pass while i'm on the ship? i don't want to purchase an internet package, I will only need to use the internet for about 5 minutes the last day to print my boarding pass and check in.

I saw the cheapest package on the Breakaway was $59, isn't there another alternative ?

Thanks

What airline are you flying and do you have a smartphone. The only two airlines where checking in would be a concern are Southwest and Spirit Airlines.

Southwest because you get your boarding slot number based on the time you check in. You can pay for early bird, but that is another discussion for another day. With Southwest though you can have someone back home check you in right at the 24 hour mark then just have your boarding pass reprinted at the airport.

Spirit is the only problem airline as they charge for EVERYTHING and you will be charged for printing at the airport. I don't have a solution for that one.

All the "majors" allow you to check in via your phone. You can check in when you pull into port and not roaming. Then just get your boarding pass printed at the airport. No charge.

We printed our boarding pass in the internet café. We had an internet package. I did see in the daily's that there was a "special price" for people who wanted to purchase the internet just for a couple of minutes in order to print out their passes. I will check it when I get home from work today.

What airline are you flying and do you have a smartphone. The only two airlines where checking in would be a concern are Southwest and Spirit Airlines.

Southwest because you get your boarding slot number based on the time you check in. You can pay for early bird, but that is another discussion for another day. With Southwest though you can have someone back home check you in right at the 24 hour mark then just have your boarding pass reprinted at the airport.

Spirit is the only problem airline as they charge for EVERYTHING and you will be charged for printing at the airport. I don't have a solution for that one.

All the "majors" allow you to check in via your phone. You can check in when you pull into port and not roaming. Then just get your boarding pass printed at the airport. No charge.

I know the OP asked how do I print my boarding pass, and the above is a great answer.

I'll just go one more step if you check in via your phone, you can download your boarding pass to your phone, no need to print anything.

My curiosity is piqued now regarding paying for earlybird checkin with Southwest! We are flying SW out of Seattle post cruise. I have never flown before and it's been 15 years for the hubster. I never would have thought about boarding passes post-cruise so I'm glad I saw this. I was not going to pay for earlybird checkin with our 2 other flights, but I am wondering if it would be better if we did for the flight from Seattle to San Diego? Our flight to Seattle and our flight back home from San Diego, we will definitely have internet access for sure. Have you had a bad experience with earlybird check in?? We don't really have anyone here back home that could check us in.

My curiosity is piqued now regarding paying for earlybird checkin with Southwest! We are flying SW out of Seattle post cruise. I have never flown before and it's been 15 years for the hubster. I never would have thought about boarding passes post-cruise so I'm glad I saw this. I was not going to pay for earlybird checkin with our 2 other flights, but I am wondering if it would be better if we did for the flight from Seattle to San Diego? Our flight to Seattle and our flight back home from San Diego, we will definitely have internet access for sure. Have you had a bad experience with earlybird check in?? We don't really have anyone here back home that could check us in.

I have never had a bad experience and definitely worth the little extra to not worry about checking in... and being checked in 12 hours before the general public (early bird is 36 and general public is 24) also gives you a better selection of seats and overhead compartments.

Edited by esm54687

Unfortunately Early Bird is not a slam dunk. Your boarding position is still assigned based on the time you actually pay for EB. The closer you are to your travel date, the less likely you are to get one of the first boarding positions. Last time we flew from Fort Lauderdale post cruise, I bought EB for our return flight at the time I was checking in for our departing flight. We ended up with positions in the high B's so over half the plane in front of us. It's not necessarily a bad experience, but I don't find it's worth the money in most cases.

Unfortunately Early Bird is not a slam dunk. Your boarding position is still assigned based on the time you actually pay for EB. The closer you are to your travel date, the less likely you are to get one of the first boarding positions. Last time we flew from Fort Lauderdale post cruise, I bought EB for our return flight at the time I was checking in for our departing flight. We ended up with positions in the high B's so over half the plane in front of us. It's not necessarily a bad experience, but I don't find it's worth the money in most cases.

I will buy it right now! LOL We fly at end of August. Actually, this particular flight is in September! LOL

Edited by caseykees

On the BA this week, there is an offer do a sampler 25 MB data plan for $12.95 plus an activation fee of about $3.95 - should be enough for printing 2 BP onboard.

59b97a63c29aeac0c0ff68630ae6f50c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If you have concierge privileges (Platinum/Haven/Suite) they will check you in and print for free. Be sure to have locator or confirmation number available (without having to access any info that takes WIFI)

Thanks

I do Early Bird and always end up in A group.

But, for the sake of the thread, another option is to have someone back home check you in right at that magic 24 hour mark. They will, of course, need your confirmation number and such. But once they check you in, you can print your boarding pass at the airport or obtain it at the counter and still have your position secured.

It's a viable option for those who don't want to add the additional expense of EB check in - particularly large groups.

I do Early Bird and always end up in A group.

But, for the sake of the thread, another option is to have someone back home check you in right at that magic 24 hour mark. They will, of course, need your confirmation number and such. But once they check you in, you can print your boarding pass at the airport or obtain it at the counter and still have your position secured.

It's a viable option for those who don't want to add the additional expense of EB check in - particularly large groups.

This is a great idea - especially since EB just increased to 15 dollars each way.

FWIW we have never received below an A group EVER. I love this feature

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you have concierge privileges (Platinum/Haven/Suite) they will check you in and print for free. Be sure to have locator or confirmation number available (without having to access any info that takes WIFI)

Yes,,, we have had concierges that chase us down and insist on printing our boarding passes. We can get by fine with electronic boarding passes on our phone (i.e. paperless), but go ahead and let the concierge print paper copies.

On our cruise, there was a "last day special" to print out boarding passes and flight check in. The two options were 15 minutes for $9.95 and 30 minutes for $15.95. We had the internet package, so we didn't need to do this.

Thanks

You can pay by the minute or, as lots of savvy travelers now do you have your boarding passes sent to your phone so there is no need to print anything. You can also check in from the ship and wait and print your boarding pass at the airport.

Under any circumstance you are going to have to connect to the Internet to check in either by phone or on a per minute basis. Unless you are traveling on Southwest and want to get a low boarding number, you can always wait to check in when you are back at port using your phone and not incur any charges.

From the posts here, I don't think the OP is the only one that wants to check in and/or print WITHOUT connecting to WIFI. Hard to believe, I know, but not everyone has a smart phone.

Yes,,, we have had concierges that chase us down and insist on printing our boarding passes. We can get by fine with electronic boarding passes on our phone (i.e. paperless), but go ahead and let the concierge print paper copies.

Easy- day before, in the port go to a restaurant/cafe with free wifi and check in there. Once you're checked in you can print the boarding pass at the airport. And if you're not sure where the nearest free wifi is ask or follow a crew member.