How are the Swans doing?

Thanks for all the updates and discussion about draws, very helpful. Maybe I'll get lucky and the swans will be on TV here in the US. Some of the games have been shown live (like at 3:30 am, mountain time)! Have to keep an eye out.

Go Swans

ML

That would be good for you, press tape and record them.

Thanks for all the updates and discussion about draws, very helpful. Maybe I'll get lucky and the swans will be on TV here in the US. Some of the games have been shown live (like at 3:30 am, mountain time)! Have to keep an eye out.

Go Swans

ML

If you go the AFL website they will put info up how you can watch the games over the next few weeks.

Yeah, I hope they make it for your sake. Don't worry too much about a draw as they are very rare, even if there were three this year.

Thanks Mic. We will know which teams are in the 8 late on Sunday after all the games are finished. Hopefully no draws! Fingers crossed for my Bombers and my husband's Demons.

Leigh

guys tonight was a great ending a good hard knock between the western bulldogs and Hawthorn. 3 great players finished there careers tonight and 2 of them was from the doggies

Luke Hodge ( Hawthorn ) Bob Murphy (the oldest afl player at the age of 35, i still think Craig Bradley holds that record though) and Matthew Boyd

yes the dogs are out of it ad they had to win and hope a couple of teams lossed to get back in the 8 but that dream didnt happen but they can hold their heads up high they gave it a good crack

guys tonight was a great ending a good hard knock between the western bulldogs and Hawthorn. 3 great players finished there careers tonight and 2 of them was from the doggies

Luke Hodge ( Hawthorn ) Bob Murphy (the oldest afl player at the age of 35, i still think Craig Bradley holds that record though) and Matthew Boyd

yes the dogs are out of it ad they had to win and hope a couple of teams lossed to get back in the 8 but that dream didnt happen but they can hold their heads up high they gave it a good crack

ripper game and the respect to both sides champions retiring was awesome

Swans just won by 81 points over Carlton and are now sitting in 4th, both the Tigers and Port need to win to push them back down. Buddy has kicked 10 goals putting him in the lead for the Coleman medal with 69 goals, 5 in front of Josh Kennedy of West Coast and 9 in front of Joe Daniher from Essendon with both still to play.

it was an easy win in the end for sydney and just shows how strong sydney really is.

buddy really was left to his own devices today until the dying stages of the game Liam Jones needed more help around Buddy.

Swans can only wait to see what happens with either tigers or port but i am hoping swans hold of for 4th spot

Buddy Is the coleman medalist for 2017 cant see josh kennedy from West coast(why did carlton give up josh kennedy) daniher is not even going to kick 9 goals

Sydney have a strong side but they have to hope the best out of their big ruckman as both suffered injuries today and Tippet is not looking promising then they 1st thought

great season Swans they did very well when people had written them off after 6 straight losses

have to hot fav's for the flag now

As it stands today, Crows, Geelong, Giants, Port, Swans, Tigers, Demons and Bombers.

IMO, the only likely movement today is that the Tigers jump up to 3rd.

If the Bombers win, they retain 8th, if they lose, and the Eagles win (over Crows), they can take their spot.

A mate of mine lives in Buffalo and follows the Brisbane Lions, he watches every match, I'll ask what station he watches and let you know.

Don't know if it helps, but my mate says he catches it on Fox Soccer Plus.

Yes, I think it is what our satellite TV service calls Fox Sports 1. I'll have to go check out the schedule.

Go Swans!

ML

Yes, I think it is what our satellite TV service calls Fox Sports 1. I'll have to go check out the schedule.

Go Swans!

ML

Swans will be back next week in a elimination final (loser goes out) against either Melbourne, Essendon or West coast in Sydney.

Either way with the form of all these teams the Swans should progress

Swans will be back next week in a elimination final (loser goes out) against either Melbourne, Essendon or West coast in Sydney.

Either way with the form of all these teams the Swans should progress

Essendon won and leap frogged Melbourne into 7th. Joe only kicked two goals so Buddy is still in the lead there.

If west coast win and do it well, they can still knock the Demons out of the eight and grab either 7th or 8th spot. Josh needs to kick 5 or more to topple Buddy for the Goal kickers medal.

So we have

Crows vs Giants 1st qualifying final

Geelong vs Tigers 2nd qualifying final

- Winners go to the Preliminary final with a weeks break. Losers go the Semi finals.

Port vs West Coast 1st Elimination final

Sydney vs Essendon 2nd Elimination final

- Winners go to the Semi finals. Losers go out.

- Winners of the Semi finals go to the Preliminary finals. Losers go out.

- Winners of the Preliminary finals go to the Grand Final. Losers go out.

ML,

Our teams play each other in the elimination final. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in Essendon being able to beat the Swans but who knows what will happen on the day. I can only hope! I wish you good luck but I don't think the Swans will need it.

Leigh

ML,

Our teams play each other in the elimination final. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in Essendon being able to beat the Swans but who knows what will happen on the day. I can only hope! I wish you good luck but I don't think the Swans will need it.

Leigh

Anything can happen in final but I think the Swans will win especially as they are at home.

Interestingly Geelong doesn't get a home game despite finishing 2nd. They will play at the MCG while Adelaide gets two games (Crows and Port at home) and Sydney gets one.

Anything can happen in final but I think the Swans will win especially as they are at home.

Interestingly Geelong doesn't get a home game despite finishing 2nd. They will play at the MCG while Adelaide gets two games (Crows and Port at home) and Sydney gets one.

it is still geelongs home Game . Geelong also uses the MCG for home games

Also as there is one 1 final being played in Victoria next week they will be wanting to draw pretty big crowd numbers . Also down at Simmonds Stadium the ground only holds 34000 people compared to the MCG that can cater around 100,000 people .

Richmond has a pretty big huge following as the like of Geelong and they both will bringhigh attendences for the MCG.

and why wouldnt you use the MCG to host a game in the first week of finals

So we have

Crows vs Giants 1st qualifying final

Geelong vs Tigers 2nd qualifying final

- Winners go to the Preliminary final with a weeks break. Losers go the Semi finals.

Port vs West Coast 1st Elimination final

Sydney vs Essendon 2nd Elimination final

- Winners go to the Semi finals. Losers go out.

- Winners of the Semi finals go to the Preliminary finals. Losers go out.

- Winners of the Preliminary finals go to the Grand Final. Losers go out.

Thanks for the thorough update Mic! I don't get it--why do the Swans jump from 4th to 6th--did they lose a game? I truly can't keep up with the standings!

ML,

Leigh

Hi Leigh

I wish you good luck too, and much as I hate to say it after all your excellent advice, I hope the Swans win :D Even though I don't understand the seedings, the Swans getting in is waaaaay more than I expected after watching them on opening night. Who knew tey could be good!

Good luck, may the best team win :evilsmile:

ML

it is still geelongs home Game . Geelong also uses the MCG for home games

Also as there is one 1 final being played in Victoria next week they will be wanting to draw pretty big crowd numbers . Also down at Simmonds Stadium the ground only holds 34000 people compared to the MCG that can cater around 100,000 people .

Richmond has a pretty big huge following as the like of Geelong and they both will bringhigh attendences for the MCG.

and why wouldnt you use the MCG to host a game in the first week of finals

It is also a contractual thing where the MCG gets a final every week no matter who it is.