How are the Swans doing?

I dozed off a bit in the 4th but saw the end. What a win!

Go Swans!

ML

Congratulations ML! A great win by the Swans! Hope you have enjoyed the win. I'm a little disappointed but I think the result was not unexpected. Now for the Power v Eagles game.

Leigh

Thanks Mic and Leigh

I found live coverage of the game--in a bit more than an hour!! I will try and stay awake for the whole game but I'm old and it starts at midnight here :D

Maybe we can post during the game. I'll take my PC into the bedroom to check in with all of you.

I almost feel like I'm there. I wish I was :D Leigh--care to make a bet? Swans win, you owe me a beer; they lose, I owe you a beer? Great excuse to go back down under ;p

On a serious note, the game is opposite hurricane Irma coverage. Looks like a tough time for all our Florida friends. I wish them all the best. And this right after Houston; very tough. it does remind me of the cyclone that hit Australia when we were there (debbie?). So hard to watch, nothing we can do to stop it but a lot to help with the recovery.

Go Swans!!!

ML

Sorry ML, I didn't look at CC all afternoon. I think I owe you a very big beer! We have been watching the coverage of Irma, what a mess it has made through the Caribbean. It doesn't look good for Florida. I think I would have evacuated if possible but I guess many people don't have the means to do so.

Leigh

Saturday nights game between the powder puffs (i am glad the good lady is in bed and doesnt come on these boards) and west coast eagles is what finals are all about, fighting hard to get to that big stuff called premiership cup....

great game to watch

sydney was no match for the bombers in which many new swans will get over them and i still say say Swans are hot favourites to take it out even thou they have to do it the hard way

The bye for richmond and Adelaide may hurt as ther is no game time inbetween for these teams while geelong and giants get another chance next week , they can still prove they are the beter sides to make it

however though port and eagels was the game of the weekend in my opinion

Well, after 3 blow outs, the last final won by a kick after the siren -- in overtime.

Eagles.

Kick after the siren in the 6th quarter, can't get much tighter than that., Port are out and I didn't get to see any of the game but did hear the last 2 minutes on the radio as I was going home.

Okay, as it stands we have the Crows and the tigers both through to the Preliminary finals in two weeks time.

We have Cats vs the Swans at the MCG on Friday night (7.50pm) with the winner to play the Crows, followed by Giants vs the Eagles at the MCG on Saturday night (7.25pm) with the winner to play the Tigers.

My tippping is all heart at the moment so after the this weekend I was 2 out of 4. I would like the Giants and the Swans to progress, so will see how I go next week.

Playing tough finals has its good and bad points. Yes it toughens people up but increases the risk of injuries. The extra week to the Crows gives Sloane more time to recover from appendicitis surgery. Plus no travel and a home crowd match for the preliminary. I have no idea who they'd prefer to face. Not that they have a choice. My pragmatic side says that Power would have been whooped next week anyway and they blew their chances multiple times last night.

Playing tough finals has its good and bad points. Yes it toughens people up but increases the risk of injuries. The extra week to the Crows gives Sloane more time to recover from appendicitis surgery. Plus no travel and a home crowd match for the preliminary. I have no idea who they'd prefer to face. Not that they have a choice. My pragmatic side says that Power would have been whooped next week anyway and they blew their chances multiple times last night.

Yes, but whatever happens the big match we all hoped for a few months ago (Swans vs Crows) will not happen as they are likely to meet in the Preliminary final instead.

Okay, as it stands we have the Crows and the tigers both through to the Preliminary finals in two weeks time.

We have Cats vs the Swans at the MCG on Friday night (7.50pm) with the winner to play the Crows, followed by Giants vs the Eagles at the MCG on Saturday night (7.25pm) with the winner to play the Tigers.

My tippping is all heart at the moment so after the this weekend I was 2 out of 4. I would like the Giants and the Swans to progress, so will see how I go next week.

Thank you Mic for summarizing. It is hard for me to keep up here in the US. I will search for Swans game and hope I can watch.

This is sooo exciting!

Go Swans!

ML

Sorry ML, I didn't look at CC all afternoon. I think I owe you a very big beer! We have been watching the coverage of Irma, what a mess it has made through the Caribbean. It doesn't look good for Florida. I think I would have evacuated if possible but I guess many people don't have the means to do so.

Leigh

No worries, and no bet--but I would still love to have a beer sometime! We too have been watching Irma, between (American) football games. Watched power go out in Key West, waiting to see what happens. So hard for us, having been to many of these places and DH has family in some of the worst spots. But it isn't about us. I feel so bad for Floridians. You are correct, many do not have the means to leave their homes or protect them adequately. And our government is led by a mean-spirited spoiled child who has no understanding of what people are going through. And a party that is equally unconcerned.

Sorry, didn't mean to introduce politics but I am so frustrated and disappointed in the US...My prayers are with them.

ML

No worries, and no bet--but I would still love to have a beer sometime! We too have been watching Irma, between (American) football games. Watched power go out in Key West, waiting to see what happens. So hard for us, having been to many of these places and DH has family in some of the worst spots. But it isn't about us. I feel so bad for Floridians. You are correct, many do not have the means to leave their homes or protect them adequately. And our government is led by a mean-spirited spoiled child who has no understanding of what people are going through. And a party that is equally unconcerned.

Sorry, didn't mean to introduce politics but I am so frustrated and disappointed in the US...My prayers are with them.

ML

Thoughts are with all our friends in the US that are having to deal with the hurricanes and the subsequent aftermath.

Thank you Mic for summarizing. It is hard for me to keep up here in the US. I will search for Swans game and hope I can watch.

This is sooo exciting!

Go Swans!

ML

Hopefully, they will show it again for you, I do think it may e tough though as it is going to be even later for you to stay awake as it 3 and 1/2 hours later than the last game.