How are the Swans doing?

Just home from the 'G'. What a great win by the Tigers. It was fantastic being a neutral at the game. To see the excitement of the Tiger faithful was amazing, The train ride home was interesting to say the least. I was with my S I L and we decided to go to a bar in the MCC members' reserve and have a drink before trying to get to the station and braving the crowds It was a wise decision although still many people around and in fact our train was very crowded.

Now for the Swans and Bombers tomorrow - come on Bombers!

Leigh

Yes, a close low scoring game for the first half and then they kicked away. Tigers through to the Preliminary final. Cats to play the winner of the Swans vs Bombers game.

The winner of the Port vs West Coast game to play the Giants.

Come on Port and the Swans.

Happy Birthday ML, hope the Swans can give you a nice pressie tonight..

Ditto from me too except for the Swans bit! :D May the best team win! Have a great day ML

To combine this thread with the pie thread - I had a Herbert Adams vegetable pastie at the football last night. - very nice except I was covered with flaky pastry

Leigh

Good game last night, Richmond had not beaten Geelong Since year 99 , So it is a magical milestone for the tigers

I thought the tigers wanted it alot more, they came out strong and tackled hard even in the 1st 2 qtrs it was good to see them up and about again in finals

Happly birthday ML hope ya have a great day and the swans get up for you

Ditto from me too except for the Swans bit! :D May the best team win! Have a great day ML

To combine this thread with the pie thread - I had a Herbert Adams vegetable pastie at the football last night. - very nice except I was covered with flaky pastry

Leigh

I haven't tried their pasties but don't mind their pies.

Good game last night, Richmond had not beaten Geelong Since year 99 , So it is a magical milestone for the tigers

I thought the tigers wanted it alot more, they came out strong and tackled hard even in the 1st 2 qtrs it was good to see them up and about again in finals

Happly birthday ML hope ya have a great day and the swans get up for you

Also the first win in a final since 2001 apparently.

only heard last 3 minutes of game sounded awesome as go tigers , good luck for the rest will be interesting on who gets in way tigers played they should get in but anythings possible they need to not relax too much with that week or so off that may stuff them pre lim time

Happy Birthday ML, hope the Swans can give you a nice pressie tonight..

Leigh

Thanks Mic and Leigh

I found live coverage of the game--in a bit more than an hour!! I will try and stay awake for the whole game but I'm old and it starts at midnight here :D

Maybe we can post during the game. I'll take my PC into the bedroom to check in with all of you.

I almost feel like I'm there. I wish I was :D Leigh--care to make a bet? Swans win, you owe me a beer; they lose, I owe you a beer? Great excuse to go back down under ;p

On a serious note, the game is opposite hurricane Irma coverage. Looks like a tough time for all our Florida friends. I wish them all the best. And this right after Houston; very tough. it does remind me of the cyclone that hit Australia when we were there (debbie?). So hard to watch, nothing we can do to stop it but a lot to help with the recovery.

Go Swans!!!

ML

I can see Victorians suffering major depression and GF seats flooding eBay if that were the case. Wouldn't that be Fab!

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time though 2 interstate sides played the grand final and they still had good crowds. It happened 3 years in a row from 2004 Port vs Brisbane followed by West Coast vs Sydney in 2005 and 2006.

Thanks Mic and Leigh

I found live coverage of the game--in a bit more than an hour!! I will try and stay awake for the whole game but I'm old and it starts at midnight here :D

Maybe we can post during the game. I'll take my PC into the bedroom to check in with all of you.

I almost feel like I'm there. I wish I was :D Leigh--care to make a bet? Swans win, you owe me a beer; they lose, I owe you a beer? Great excuse to go back down under ;p

On a serious note, the game is opposite hurricane Irma coverage. Looks like a tough time for all our Florida friends. I wish them all the best. And this right after Houston; very tough. it does remind me of the cyclone that hit Australia when we were there (debbie?). So hard to watch, nothing we can do to stop it but a lot to help with the recovery.

Go Swans!!!

ML

Excellent news that you are able to watch the game, it may well be over by half time (sorry Leigh).

I think I would honour that bet win or lose, even though I want the swans to progress.

Thoughts with our friends in all the affected states by Harry, Irma and most likely Jose.

BTW, have I mentioned I don't get the scoring at all? :D

ML

Okay try a simple explanation, a goal is worth 6 points, the ball must be kicked (leg or foot) and go through the centre two posts cleanly.

If the ball is touched by another body part or by an opposition player or hits the post, it is a behind and is only one point.

If the ball misses and goes through the outer posts it is only one point.

So a score of 6.4 (40) is 6 goals (36 points) 4 behinds (4 points) for a total of 40 points.

Hope this helps.

I don't know about any of you, but i never expected the Swans to win this big! What a rout. Mic was right--it was over by halftime. And thanks for the scoring explanation--very helpful.

Go Swans!!

ML

Not quite half time just yet so I wouldn't count them through as there is plenty of time for anything to happen but I would rather be a swan than a bomber at this point.

63 points to 13 for the Swans in the 2nd quarter for a 83 to 22 half time score. I think they may have a enough of a lead to take it home comfortably.

Swans usually only play quarter, sleep, quarter, sleep.....or vice versa......they were letting the bombers back in the last couple of mins but may have done enough to sleep through a quarter!

Swans usually only play quarter, sleep, quarter, sleep.....or vice versa......they were letting the bombers back in the last couple of mins but may have done enough to sleep through a quarter!

I think they are tired--of all that scoring :D

Maybe there will be big comeback by Bombers in 2nd half....

No. Go Swans!

ML

Well it is finals footy and I have seen enough games previously that have turned around after half time. Time will tell but if this margin is maintained at 3 quarter time or even grown, then the swans can likely rest players for the 4th.