Eurodam in Istanbul?

royal65

The Eurodam was scheduled to call in Istanbul in May and June. Did she actually make those calls? I seem to remember reading on CC that she made a brief stop in May to embark/disembark passengers and crew. Is that true and did she make her June calls as scheduled? We're on the Prinsendam in Oct. and suppose to stop there. Final payment is due soon and I need to make a decision to definitely go and if HAL seems to be canceling this port it possible could influence that decision. thanx

The Prinsendam was the one that made the five hour stop. Since then at least one thread has reported that the HAL ship stopped as planned and overnighted as well as planned. That was very recent but I can't remember the thread I read that on. Maybe an Istanbul port of call thread?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on the 12 day May 2016 Eurodam cruise that overnighted in Istanbul. It was amazing. The ship took certain precautions to help ensure safe excursions, but I walked around the Sultanahmet area with just three other people, and Grand Bazaar area totally on my own.

But the Turkish people were warm and welcoming, and I am thrilled that HAL did not cancel.

We were in Istanbul with Eurodam in May .It was very chilly on our Bosphorus cruise but I loved Istanbul .we had lovely outdoorbbq. With belly dancer andmusic thefirst night

The second daywith our guides Johnand brother Omar we went to Blue Mosque ...Hagia Spphia ...Cisterns ...shopping and grandbazzaar ...wonderfulday ...wonderful experience ....hope to go back some day

Johnourguidehas a family restaurant in front of2 obelisks in promenade between Mosque and HagiaSophia .His restaurant is exactly in front ofwhere thatexplosion occurred .He eas stillshakenby itas he wasthere when ithappened

Wow

Butloved Istanbul ...Im sureyouwill go

Next scheduled Eurodam stop is Jul 22. Is that before you final pay date?

No, final payment is 7/8. I made this same inquiry on Princess board. It seems the Royal has also made several calls. We're going.

We loved Istanbul but would not feel safe there now. Breaking news says 2 suicide bombers at the airport.

Istanbul is a fascinating city but we did not feel they wanted tourists- at least from the US. This was 5 years ago and we were there for a week. We had several disagreements with taxi drivers as well as merchants. At the time it just added to our experiences- but would not go now.

Hope everyone stays safe- and enjoy all travels!

We were on Eurodam that sailed to Istanbul in June. Although there was plenty of visible police and security around we did not feel afraid or threatened in any way. Istanbul is an amazing city with warm friendly hospitable people. Sadly with the recent airport attack who knows whether another cruise ship will feel safe enough to dock there again.

I see responses from some CC members saying that they just returned from cruises that stopped in Turkey. They said they toured all over and felt perfectly safe and had no problems. I think the passengers in the Ataturk Airport, 15 seconds before the guns and bombs started, also felt safe and secure. Does anyone think that ISIS will walk through the streets and bazaars with ISIS T-shirts on, proclaiming their affiliation ? Turkey, at this point in time, has real problems. I do feel very sorry for the majority of Turkish citizens who are decent people.

We were on board the Eurodam in May when it stopped in Istanbul. Cruising the Dardanelles and finishing in Istanbul was an amazing experience. The city is clean and the people friendly. We are going back on the 17th July cruise as we enjoyed it so much. I hope we are still going - the Turks deserve our support.

Over 32,000 people were killed on the roads in the US in 2014 but i still drive when I visit.

I don't go to nightclubs as I am an age where I don't like loud music - not because some psycho might walk in with a gun.

What scares me the most is that we all stop visiting these places so that the terrorists win.

We were passing through Amsterdam airport not long after the attack in Brussels. When thinking ahead I had thought that it might not have been the safest place to be. On the day I gave it not a thought. Too busy doing all the things that need to be done at the airport.

Everyone has a different comfort zone. Turkey may be somewhere a person has always longed to visit or it may be just one of a number of places being considered.

we were in Istanbul, in june. we were on the eurodam, and we overnighted there. hal had a shuttle to the town area for $10 per person, so worth it. never at any time did we feel uncomfortable. the Turkish people made us feel welcome(and we are greek). we cannot live our lives afraid. hope your cruise stops there.

I bought an eurodam cruise sailing from Venice on 22 August five months ago, if istanbul was confirmed from hal, I'll remain on board... there are not safety condition to visit the city.

Inviato dal mio SM-N920C utilizzando Tapatalk

We were on board the Eurodam in May when it stopped in Istanbul. Cruising the Dardanelles and finishing in Istanbul was an amazing experience. The city is clean and the people friendly. We are going back on the 17th July cruise as we enjoyed it so much. I hope we are still going - the Turks deserve our support.

Over 32,000 people were killed on the roads in the US in 2014 but i still drive when I visit.

I don't go to nightclubs as I am an age where I don't like loud music - not because some psycho might walk in with a gun.

What scares me the most is that we all stop visiting these places so that the terrorists win.

I guess we will be on the same cruise :-)

I still hope that we can stop in Istanbul but my partner feel not to comfortable anymore. I hope I will be able to change his mind as he said he will stay in ship if we go.

Haven done this cruise previously what are the thing you recommend us on the island we are doing ? Is it all easy to do it on our own or might be challenging in some ports ?

Your info will be greatly appreciated :-)

Sea ya

Eric

We did the bosphorus cryuise the first night

The ne t day our guides took us to Hagia Sophia.....Blue mosque...Cisterns ....leather shops ...Grand Bazaar ...we had no time for spicebazaar .hippodrome or palace ......next time y

Our guides were very nice

Get Turkish Lira here I did in Montreal at Globex ...better bargaining tool ...otherwise US $ ...do not be afraid to bargain ...stick to your price ...I did ...got .no ...left was runafter ...win win gotmy price in the end ...they were persistent but so was I .i whittles them dow n 75%do not pay more than 150 $ forany jacket

• 2 weeks later...

HAL has cancelled Istanbul for our cruise departing Venice July 17. We pick up Mykonos, Rhodes and Iraklion. I'm sorry to disappoint the wonderful people of Istanbul but at least we keep Kusadasi.

HAL has cancelled Istanbul for our cruise departing Venice July 17. We pick up Mykonos, Rhodes and Iraklion. I'm sorry to disappoint the wonderful people of Istanbul but at least we keep Kusadasi.

A very wise decision.

I just got email too. I AM SO PIZZED OFF. I assume they still go to Nice

Sorry😟

They will not stop in Nice. Maybe Marseille. Do not be pissed off from your quote, be disappointed. Will be on The Eurodam Oct 9th! Hey we have an apt. On Promenade des Angelis which we will be at on Sept10-Oct. 8th prior to our cruise out of Venice, and for what it is worth please enjoy your wonderful vacation/holiday. HAL is finally doing the right thing. Istanbul is beautiful and if you have not been there and I can understand your frustration. There is always a next time if and only if things will get better!

Smooth sailings and so enjoy your cruise.

Denise:)