Getting to Port Everglades without a car?

FL..NC

Hate to drive to the port? Has anyone used Yankee Trails Cruise Express.

Cruise Connection Bus which I use all the time does not run on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Live in Fllorida. Taking a Cruise in Jan. on the Amsterdam. Hopeing to find a good way to get to the Port without renting a car.

Might help if you told us where in Florida. For example, Pensacola is 651 miles from Fort Lauderdale. Sort of doubt that you will get transport from there to Fort Lauderdale.

DON

Might help if you told us where in Florida. For example, Pensacola is 651 miles from Fort Lauderdale. Sort of doubt that you will get transport from there to Fort Lauderdale.

DON

Depends - for the first leg: from Pensacola flying makes sense; from Jacksonville Amtrak might work, from Miami I believe Tri-rail is the term -- then a taxi for the last bit. Of course, if you lived next to the port, you could consider skateboard, bicycle or shoes.

Live in Fllorida. Taking a Cruise in Jan. on the Amsterdam. Hopeing to find a good way to get to the Port without renting a car.

I believe there's only 1 January cruise from FTL on the Amsterdam. For a World Cruise I would be thinking something special in transportation. I'm pretty sure HAL will help with your luggage.

Roy

Can't help getting you from Point A to FLL, if you don't tell us where Point A is...

I love posters who must assume that the rest of us are mind readers. I also love the fact that the rest of us including me waste time responding to their posts.

DON

I broke down and looked it up on Wikipedia. For heavens' sake, you are in the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford area, which is not far from FLL. So what is the big deal about renting a car and driving to FLL? Or flying? Or taking a bus? Or hiring driver? You have so many options.

Hate to drive to the port? Has anyone used Yankee Trails Cruise Express.

Cruise Connection Bus which I use all the time does not run on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I broke down and looked it up on Wikipedia. For heavens' sake, you are in the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford area, which is not far from FLL. So what is the big deal about renting a car and driving to FLL? Or flying? Or taking a bus? Or hiring driver? You have so many options.

Why the attitude? OP is asking if anyone has used Yankee Trails Cruise Express. That's a perfectly reasonable question IMO.

Where in Florida? Tampa? Boca? Hard to help if we don't know frrom whewre you are riding

Edited by sail7seas

I believe there's only 1 January cruise from FTL on the Amsterdam. For a World Cruise I would be thinking something special in transportation. I'm pretty sure HAL will help with your luggage.
They could be doing just a segment, like 15 days to San Diego, and not get the full GWV services.

Like Sail said, just take your regular Cruise Connection bus on Monday Jan 2nd and spend two nights in FLL.

Edited by jtl513

Why the attitude? OP is asking if anyone has used Yankee Trails Cruise Express. That's a perfectly reasonable question IMO.

You're right and I apologize to the OP. But when I found out how close he/she was to FLL, I really had to wonder why the dilemma.

Leesbvurg. Hire a car and driver . For pete's sake, it seems you are g onoing aworld cruise . No big deal getting from central Florida to FLL.

Edited by sail7seas

Yes I am going on a world cruise, not my first cruise.

Going to the port for many years by car, bus and by air.

Just would like to know if anyone had used Yankee Trails guess not...

OP - tell more about Yankee Trails. Do they operate statewide? I had never heard of them. Took Cruise Connection once, but never again. It took 6 hours to get there from the Tampa area, and eight hours returning. We just drive to FLL now if it is no more than 10 days.

Yes I am going on a world cruise, not my first cruise.

Going to the port for many years by car, bus and by air.

Just would like to know if anyone had used Yankee Trails guess not...

I'll suggest you post on the Northeast Departures board. It doesn't look like anybody here has used them but I think they primarily serve New York and Bayonne. You may still want to contact them but it looks like they are a "direct to ship" outfit and going with them the day before would probably not work. I suspect only they can tell you that.

Roy

Tampa Girl Leesburg is over 200 miles from Ft. Lauderdale & is NOT close to Ft. Lauderdale! :(

Leesburg is about 30 miles SE of Ocala..There may not be any buses which run from that area which actually is in farm country.. I know because our kids live up there & it takes us more than 4 hrs. to make the drive with one pit stop.. We actually are closer to Ft. Lauderdale & I drive everywhere but I'm not looking forward to having to rent a van for our trip either.. I95 is much busier than any main roads in Ft. Myers or Tampa..Cruise Connx bus does not run on the days we are leaving either..

I'm not even sure the poster could take any bus from there.. In addition the big deal could be that the poster is unsure of herself driving those distances or may not even drive...She would have to take the turnpike & then I 95..that drive alone would be more than 4 hours for her..

Hiring a driver would probably also be quite expensive.. The OP asked if anyone had ever used another Car service (Yankee trails) & obviously no one on this board has used it..

OP May I suggest you check around with some of your Friends or ask a a local Senior Citizens clubs.. Ask if anyone has used the service you are talking about.. The only suggestion we have would be to go take Greyhound from Ocala or go on the weekend & lay over in Ft. Lauderdale..

Edited by serendipity1499