Itinerary Changes

carmil

We have sailed a number of times with Oceania and have never experience so many changes in our Itinerary. Today we received an email listing time changes for our cruise, Sept 20th Dubia to Singapore. Also in July we were notified that we would only have 2 days in Myanmar instead of 3 days. I do feel a little short changed. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We would like to advise you of applicable arrival and departure time changes to your upcoming sailing aboard Insignia, which are listed below:

21-SEP-2015 Fujairah, United Arab Emirates:

Departure time has been changed from (6:00 PM) to 4:00 PM

26-SEP-2015 Goa (Mormugao), India:

Departure time has been changed from (7:00 PM) to 5:00 PM

28-SEP-2015 Cochin (Kochi), India:

Arrival time has been changed from (8:00 AM) to 9:00 AM

30-SEP-2015 Colombo, Sri Lanka:

Departure time has been changed from (6:00 PM) to 5:00 PM

08-OCT-2015 Phuket, Thailand:

Departure time has been changed from (6:00 PM) to 5:00 PM

Just got a bunch of changes for our Nautica cruise in September. Less time in a couple of the ports. Most noticeably ... instead of arriving in Istanbul in the morning, it will be closer to noon. Not a problem for us as we have been to Istanbul many, many, many times before, although it will cut short time with friends who live there. But I feel sorry for those who were hoping to have a full day in the city ... especially first-timers and those who are not staying on in the city post-cruise.

And undoubtedly saving a LOT of money on port fees. Isn't here a financial bonus if profits reach a certain point at year-end 2015?

Yes, a $50M bonus to prior PCH stockholders based on savings. The calculation methodology was not published but, that's a lot of money for PCH stockholders.

Our arrival into Istanbul a couple of years ago was delayed because they ran out of berths! I would guess that it's often out of Oceania 's control.

How pedestrian of an excuse - it is not nearly as exciting or intriguing as all the other possible theories presented here :D

Our arrival into Istanbul a couple of years ago was delayed because they ran out of berths! I would guess that it's often out of Oceania 's control.

As I recall it wasn't so much that they ran out of berths as it was that one ship (I think it was Carnival but can't swear to that) refused to leave when it was supposed to. We had to tender in as a result, although by the time we finished visiting the MoMA Regatta was docked.

I'm assuming we were on the same cruise but could be wrong about that! I know we did one together ...

Mura

There are now three separate threads on this board relating to itinerary changes and/or shortened time in ports. Obviously, these incidents are becoming more frequent and more disturbing and cannot simply be swatted away. People are rightfully concerned.